IC The Thirteenth Moon: Night of the Blood Moon

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I'm not sure we should be the ones handling this, shouldn't like the city guard or something, I don't know, but if we do I agree that we should just knock, We can talk our way into the buildng without committing any crimes."

[sblock="Telepathic to cyrstal"]"Stay at the window there, be discrette, and tell me if they move, no, tell me if they leave that room"[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Line of sight and other notes]yes, since you were observing Dorius the whole time, you can see where he is.[/sblock]the Sharn watch is suspiciously absent from the streets. You also recall Lt. Dane saying something about the Citadel being ready for dealing with a little mayhem tonight in light of the Blood Moon. This is undoubtedly a situation where heroes are needed. The trick will be going about it the right way. You have several options available. You could try to get permission from some authority to enter the house by presenting your evidence. You could try to break in so that you leave little trace. But important folks who live in the upper districts would undoubtedly be able to afford a skilled inquisitive to locate the culprits, so that may not be the best idea. You also have your mentors; they could prove invaluable sources of advice and counsel in a time like this.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"It is assured that Lieutenant Dane will give the required authorization once the situation is explained," Vigil says with a hint of urgency in his voice.

"As a Templar of the Sacred Flame, Vigil's purpose this evening is now clear."

FloatingDisc

First Post
Dorius' sense of self-preservation is momentarily overwhelmed by his desire for a good story, and he motions to Vigil to join him on the walkway. "Up here, golem! A suspect!"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The situation now is thus: you have come to find the scene of an attempted murder outside of Tain Tower. It seems likely that the chief suspects are holing up somewhere on the third floor, but it is unknown how long they will remain there.

There are three entrances that lead into Tain Tower. One is a set of double doors on the first floor on the north side of the tower. The other two are on the north and south sides of the second floor. There are no entrances on the third floor. However, to get inside, you would either need to commit a crime or seek permission. Vigil has hit upon a very keen idea: the Citadel may very well be able to grant you the permission you need to enter the tower. Vigil has an ally within the Citadel (his mentor) who could prove most useful in this endeavor.

You are presently located in the University District of Upper Menthis. The Citadel is in the Ambassador Towers District of Middle Central. The journey would take 3d6x5 minutes on foot. This time can be halved with a successful DC 15 Knowledge (local) check or DC 20 Gather Information check (normally the DC would be the same for both, but the lack of people out this night makes Gather Information more difficult). Because it would take time to get to the Citadel and back, you may wish to have someone keep watch over the tower.

You have other options, of course. Mandyran is very close by and he might be able to offer assistance or advice. You might also seek out a patrol of the Sharn Watch or visit the nearest Sharn Watch garrison. You could also seek out the services of an inquisitive; they generally have permits to engage in affairs that others legally cannot. However given the holiday, they might be unavailable. These are only a few possible options, however. You may have other ideas about how best to approach the situation.[sblock=Sharn Watch: Local DC 10 or Bardic Knowledge DC 15]The nearest Sharn Watch garrison is in Warden Towers in Middle Menthis. A journey there would take 6d6 minutes, half that time with a DC 15 Local check or DC 20 Gather Information check.[sblock=Local DC 15 or Bardic Knowledge DC 20]The Warden Towers garrison has a reputation for keeping the streets of Upper and Middle Menthis very safe, but Lower Menthis and below are often ignored.[sblock=Local DC 20 or Bardic Knowledge DC 25]The commander of the garrison is an elf woman named Silaena Cazal. Her protection of her ward seems to come at a price however, as there are reports of widespread graft and extortion throughout Menthis Plateau.[sblock=Local DC 25 or Bardic Knowledge DC 30]Commander Silaena Cazal holds a grudge against the dragonmarked houses. Her mother was expelled from House Phiarlan for possessing an aberrant dragonmark and she committed suicide shortly thereafter. Silaena has begun to secretly assist House Tarkanan, a criminal organization.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Inquisitive: Local DC 10 or Bardic Knowledge DC 15]The nearest inquisitive is Thuranne d'Tharashk's Inquisitive Services in Warden Towers of Middle Menthis. A journey there would take 6d6 minutes, half that time with a DC 15 Local check or DC 20 Gather Information check.[sblock=Local DC 15 or Bardic Knowledge DC 20]Thuranne is a member of House Tharashk who specializes in criminal investigation and frequently consults the Watch.[sblock=Local DC 20 or Bardic Knowledge DC 25]Thuranne is reputed to have an extensive network of contacts within the Warden Towers garrison of the Sharn Watch.[sblock=Local DC 25 or Bardic Knowledge DC 30]Thuranne is not particularly favored in House Tharashkm since she prefers to run her own business than to take on jobs for the house.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION][sblock=OOC]Because Brad is a member of the Sharn Watch, he automatically knows the information under DC 10 for Sharn Watch: Local. He can also roll a Local check even though he does not have the skill to see if he knows anything more.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Brad says "The nearest Watch Tower's in Middle Menthis. Getting there should take twenty minutes or so; could be less, could be more. Personally, I say we should get the watch. I know the way so I can go while the rest of you watch the tower."

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I don't think you should go by yourself, who knows what's going on out here tonight, but it does seem like a good idea. Although some of us should stay here, too."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Unless someone wants to drag this out by having an extended discussion with the Sharn Watch night officer, I am going to assume Brad and Dorius are the only ones going to the garrison. Since I do not really want to be running multiple scenes at once, I will make this quick, but I will leave it slightly open-ended in case someone else decides they want to tag along before I update tomorrow.

Again, Brad is an exception to the usual rule on Knowledge checks in this specific situation and may roll on these Local checks even though the DC is higher than 10 since he is a member of the Sharn Watch.[/sblock]Unfortunately, Dorius is as much a hindrance as he is a help. He has heard tell of the general location of the Warden Towers garrison several times, but never enough specifics to guide him through Sharn's many tower walkways, staircases, and lofts. After all is told, the journey takes Brad and Dorius twenty-three minutes.

The two arrive at the Warden Towers garrison to find that not all is quiet in the city this night. The garrison is abuzz with activity. Brad flashes his Black Arch garrison identification papers and Black Arch badge to the guard at the door, allowing him and Dorius quick passage inside. It seems many Watch officers are pulling double shifts and some have even been called in early to deal with a huge number of cases. Manacled prisoners cry out at you through the bars pleading for mercy or speaking gibberish as you pass through on your way to the Night Officer's office.

You hear a roar coming from behind the door to the office before you even approach. "I don't want to hear another word about it! Smash them together like sardines if you have to. We'll sort them out in the morning. Damned cults and their nonsense." A pair of young officers comes out of the office dragging a shackled prisoner who cries, "The Blood shall fall upon Eberron! The Seekers shall prevail over death!" as he is carried past you.

The Night Officer, an old dwarf with a frazzled gray beard wearing a worn breastplate stands behind a desk covered with papers, shackles, and a single ornate stein. He grunts as you enter. "And you!" he bellows pointing to Brad, "You don't work for my garrison. What in Khyber do you want?"[sblock=Bardic Knowledge DC 15 or Nobility & Royalty DC 12]The stein is engraved with the symbol of the dwarven clan of Droranath.[sblock=Bardic Knowledge DC 20 or Nobility & Royalty DC 15]Droranath warriors are known to be temperamental and have a passion for strong drink, not that it makes them that much different from most dwarves.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Bardic Knowledge DC 20 or Local DC 15]This is Lt. Commander Einkil Droranath, the second-in-command of the Warden Tower garrison. He is known for his ill-temper and generally foul mood.[sblock=Bardic Knowledge DC 25 or Local DC 20]It is widely known that Einkil has a drinking problem and has a soft spot for brandy, but he will drink just about anything.[sblock=Bardic Knowledge DC 30 or Local DC 25]It is not widely known but Einkil once challenged Commander Belew Yorgan of the Sword Point garrison in the Central Plateau to a duel after Belew insulted Einkil's clan. Dueling is illegal and Belew refused him on those grounds, but many believe Belew would have lost such a duel.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Negotiating with the Night Officer]The base DC for a Diplomacy or Intimidate check with the Night Officier is 21. This drops to 16 if Brad is the one doing the talking, since he and the Night Officer are considered allies. Decide how much you want to ask him for using the Risk vs. Reward Judgment as a guideline (although I will make the final determination of how much risk there is vs. reward). Bear in mind the hints I have given you above regarding the situation when thinking about what to ask for.

Negotiation is not the only option of course. You could try to Intimidate him or possibly use something against him. Or if you have a novel idea of your own, feel free to try that.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases