• Carrion Crown

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Jade Regent

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Skull & Shackles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shattered Star (just started...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another option (please tell us what it is)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Poll closed .

Wycen

Explorer
There are also a lot of levels in between "railroad" and "sandbox" - my old group played Kingmaker, but tended to come at it pretty straight. They encountered the bandits at Oleg's and then had to move on to defeat each group of bandits until beating the Stag Lord. They never really got to any of the exploration due to my having to end the campaign early.

(And, yes, they knew they had to do the exploring, but thought the bandit threat was more important than exploring right away)

Yeah my original post was longer but I realized I was venting about one of the groups I play with so I cut that text. I'd have reservations about playing had I known what I know now.

From reviewing the links about threads on the best AP I see I've already posted in at least one of those. We've gotten farther into Carrion Crown but not much has changed beyond that.

triqui

Adventurer
There are also a lot of levels in between "railroad" and "sandbox" - my old group played Kingmaker, but tended to come at it pretty straight. They encountered the bandits at Oleg's and then had to move on to defeat each group of bandits until beating the Stag Lord. They never really got to any of the exploration due to my having to end the campaign early.

(And, yes, they knew they had to do the exploring, but thought the bandit threat was more important than exploring right away)

We had this feeling very much in 3rd book and beyond. There were a lot of exploration hexes and stuff, and you were somewhat *expected* to explore them before going into the BBEG lair (or you'll be underleveled). However, an entire town vanishing, and the hint of an ancient thread, was too much for the party to ignore. We felt somewhat "wrong" that the rulers could simply say "let's explore this and that, the missing people can wait"

Crothian

First Post
Not only that, the more recent APs haven't really wowed folks.

The newer ones people have less time to have gone through them. Also, the more that come out the greater the competition is for APs a group will use. I imagine at some point the product line is going to be competing with itself.

NewJeffCT

First Post
The newer ones people have less time to have gone through them. Also, the more that come out the greater the competition is for APs a group will use. I imagine at some point the product line is going to be competing with itself.

That will mean it's time for Pathfinder 2.0

;)

Remove ads