HM's Temple of Elemental Evil (1e) - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Inn of the Welcome Wench -

NPC_6051_m_OstlerGundigoot.jpg
"Well now those are some noble purposes, noble indeed." the man says as wipes his hands on a towel then throws it over a shoulder. "My name is Ostler Gundigoot, and if your here to help rid the area of the banditry than you are most welcome."

"I would start by talking to some of the folk here," he says with a nod to the small crowd. "A few others have expressed an interest in helping Hommlett. And there may be a few locals that you could hire. Like Elmo here."

NPC_6111_m_Elmo.jpg
"Hel-lo folks," a tall broad shouldered man says as he makes his way to the table. His speech is a little dull and his eyes look a bit puffy as if he has to much to drink on to many occasions.

"Hello Elmo. What can I do for you?"
Ostler asks with a slight sigh.

"I want to by some ale."

"Then follow me," Ostler says heading back to the bar and taps. "I hope your not paying in all coppers again."

The two men leave the table and the group alone to enjoy their drinks. As they scan the crowd they don't see the tale-tell signs that anyone other than themselves is looking for adventure.

OOC: Let you all discuss amongst yourselves if you want to hire or join with some NPCs (none present yet)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Ya know, we could hire some folks to come with us, but I'm thinking we might want to check things out on our own first. So we don't split none of our money. Or maybe we just hires one for now and see how being an employer feels," Garrick says, though he tries to hide his real reasons. He is awfully afraid of what's going to happen if he can't pay back pa right away.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Wish to "push through" till the evening is this alright with everyone? If so then...

People come and go about the inn as the day wears on. A serving girl comes up with the groups second round and asks, "Staying for dinner? If so I'll bring you a bowl of Mrs. G's beef and barley soup to start."

OOC2: Might wish to watch your spending as keeping track will be a big factor in this game. I mean how else am I to get you out adventuring if you still have money in your pockets.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the group sits about watching the comings and goings of the inns patrons they finally notice one man that seems more of a kindred spirit than all the local farmers that come in for a drink or two.

Wearing leathers and caring a baldric of daggers across his chest, the man walks with a silent step that might make a cat or two envious. His face is partial obscured by a broad brimmed hat, but a thick mustache and stubbled cheeks can still be seen.

He moves to the far corner of the common room and takes a table alone. Sitting in the shadows, his back to the wall.

[sblock=OOC]Since the "profession" of this NPC is pretty clear and there are two thieves in the party already I'm ok with the group ignoring him for now and moving on to something else.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Garrick says, "Ya know, they were all talking 'bout some bandits in these parts. Maybe we can track them down and earn some respect 'round here."

OOC: If the others agree, Garrick will ask where the bandits have been seen most frequently.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"Bandits, hmm?" says Sasho. "If they're successful, they'd have loot, but also be more dangerous. I'd not be opposed to hiring some local men-at-arms, if such can be hired in this town."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"There just might be some good fok that just need a little directin to fight on the behalf of this town's good nam. Prom is, we don't know if any town folk are in on the banditry. We may be on our own here.", grumbles the dwarf.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the evening wears on the light from the windows starts to darken. The sun must be setting on your first day in Hommlett, but that doesn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits as Farmer Percy enters the common room.

Seeing you all he smiles and makes his way over. "Well now you look like you've made yourselves at home. Mind if I join you and buy you all that drink I promised?"

OOC: There an NPC to talk to about bandits.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Garrick exclaims, "Golly, that would be great! What's good to drink around here?" After the man settles in his seat he asks, "So what's this we are hearing about bandits in the area? Seems like it's big news in these parts."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases