HM's Temple of Elemental Evil (1e) - IC

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sasho bursts into song, loudly and quite off-key.

"Bring us in good ale, and bring us in good ale,
For a lovely lady's sake, bring us in good ale.
Bring us in no brown bread, 'fore that is made of bran,
Nor bring us in no wheat bread, 'fore there in is no game,
But bring us in good ale.
Bring us in no beef, for there is many bones,
But bring us in good ale!"

He winks at this companions. "Come on, now. The second verse is the same as the first! Oooh!

Bring us in good ale, and bring us in good ale,
For a lovely lady's sake, bring us in good ale.
Bring us in no brown bread, 'fore that is made of bran,
Nor bring us in no wheat bread, 'fore there in is no game,
But bring us in good ale.
Bring us in no beef, for there is many bones,
But bring us in good ale!"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A dwarven cacophany in d sharp

And even more off key . . . . .

"Bringen Sie uns in guter Bier und bringen uns in eine gute ale,
Für eine reizende Dame willen, bringt uns in guten Bier.
Bringen Sie uns in keinem braun bred ", Vordergrund, von Kleie hergestellt wird,
Auch bringen uns in keinem Weizen gezüchtet, 'vorder dort ist kein Spiel,
Aber bringen uns in guten Bier.
Bringen Sie uns in keinem Rindfleisch, denn es gibt viele Knochen,
Aber bringen uns in eine gute ale!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The singing is interrupted by the whinny of a horse as the group starts to pass the stable.

The group looks to see a young human boy trying to calm one of the horses that seems agitated by the impromptu operetta. <everyone's a critic>

An older man looks up from where he was mending some tack. By the dirty clothes and hay in his long unkempt hair he must be one of the grooms.

Then as they turn back to the larger building they notice the sign out front...

Large Building with Sign said:
The square wooden sign shows a buxom and smiling girl holding a flagon of beer. This must be the Inn of the Welcome Wench, a place renowned for its good food and excellent drink! Passing merchants make a point of stopping, as do many other sorts of wayfarers, and it is said the place is always filled with patrons.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Ale and women! It gets better and better! We can talk about our exploits... or the ones we plan to have... and attract the womenfolk like bees to a flower and other such analogies I've heard once or twice!" Garrick exclaims.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sasho breaks off singing. "Well, you won't get any of things standing out here gawking at a sign." The gnome saunters into the inn. "Greetings! Three ales, please! My companions and I must wash the dust of the road from our throats!"

Scott DeWar

The dwarf enters in following the gnome. He coughs and clears his throat in emphasis to the need.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Inn of the Welcome Wench -

Common Room said:
This large place is bright and cheerful. It contains several rough-hewn tables and chairs, boards, and benches. Natural tree trunk pillars support the ceiling overhead, all dark with smoke and age. A motley group of people is here.

NPC_6051_m_OstlerGundigoot.jpg
"Greetings, greetings." a portly fellow with thinning hair says as he comes out from behind the bar. "And be well received here at the Inn of the Welcome Wench!" he adds lifting his arms high.

"Aye! Welcome!"
one man calls out raising a mug.

"Greetings to all of you!" cries out another.

"Well met, neighbors!" replies a third.

Around the room calls of welcome come from everyone to greet the three newcomers. Then bringing his hands down to his ample paunch the barkeep smiles once more and gestures towards an empty table.

"Sit, sit. You called for ale young master and ale you shall have. Three of the brewmiester's best coming up cold for all of you."

After pouring from the tap he gives the ales to a serving girl to deliver, but follows right behind her. As she serves he asks a simple question. "So what brings you to Hommlett, good sirs?"

[sblock=OOC]
What the PC's know -
1) Years ago an evil cult was destroyed and those monsters and cultist not killed outright fled to hideaways throughout the area.
2) Adventurers use to call the area around Hommlett a "gold mine" as you needed go far to find adventure and reward.
3) Then things grew quiet and less and less "gold" could be found in and around the area.
4) About a year ago banditry in the area picked up and the Viscount of Verbobonc called for "All willing souls to help bring peace to the land." - Thus a second influx of adventurers have started coming to the area and bringing out both rumor and reward.
5) The former cultist had a stronghold hidden somewhere in the area - a temple to evil.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

"I am here for the glory of adventure. I heard there were bandits to quell, sumtin you right nice folk shouln't be havn' t' deal with."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I'm with him," says Garrick tossing a thumb back to his stout ally. "And we're out for treasure, too. I got to pay me pa back for his unknowing help getting my career started."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases