HM's Temple of Elemental Evil (1e) - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
WoW going through the old DMG sure brings back some great memories of when I first started playing D&D.

Back then it was all about whose character was better and who could get the princess. Hey Rezak caught her as she feel out a window, and he was a thief not a fighter. But I digress.

This is the home of a very good old adventure that I have never ran, played in as a dwarf fighter for all of two sessions (before he died, and are DM moved), and have enjoyed the PC version.

Welcome to The Temple of Elemental Evil

52689d1346810683-hms-temple-elemental-evil-1e-ic-toee-pic.jpg

Great risk and Great reward await.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
DM placeholder for various things...

First up is a map for the group.

Attachments

• ToEE -world map 1.jpg
    ToEE -world map 1.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Veerdunn Glootneir

A 'young' dwarf sits near a window at a bar drinking a dwarvin stout. He has an eye paying attention to the crowd and an ear listening to the flying rumors.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The Road to Hommlet...

Your party is now approaching the Village of Hommlet, having walked up from the lands of the Wild Coast. You are poorly equipped and have no large sums of cash. In fact, all you have is what you wear and carry, plus a few coins that are hidden in purses and pockets. But what you do possess in quality is daring, and a desire to become wealthy and famous. Thus your group comes to Hommlet to learn.Is this indeed a place for adventures to seek their fortunes? You all hope, of course, to gain riches and make a name for yourselves. The outcome of this is uncertain, but your skill and daring, along with a good measure of luck, will be the main ingredients of what follows, be it weal or woe.

The small community at the crossroads is a completely unknown quantity. What is there? Who will be encountered? Where should you go? These are your first explorations and encounters, so chance may dictate as much as intelligence. Will outsiders be shunned? Are the reports true - is the whole community engaged in evil practices? Are the folk here bumpkins, easily duped? Does a curse lay upon those who dare to venture into the lands which were once the Temple's? All of these questions will soon be answered.

The dusty rutted road is lined with closely-grown hedges of brambles and shrubs. Here and there it cuts through a copse or crosses a rivulet. To either hand, forest and meadow have given way to field and orchard. A small herd of kine graze nearby, and a distant hill is dotted with the wand stone chimneys with thin plumes of blue smoke rising from them. A road angles west into the hill country, and to either side of the road ahead are barns and buildings - Hommlet at last!
52690d1346811084-hms-temple-elemental-evil-1e-ic-village-hommlet.jpg

The adventure begins...

[sblock=OOC] Please RP as you walk down the dirt road and give me an idea of what your characters wish to do first. Everyone has heard of Hommlet's only inn -The Inn of the Welcome Wench.

Time of day - about an hour before noon.
Weather - Sunny with blue skies and a few white fluffy clouds. Warm but with a brezze to keep you cool.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Garrick the Unready

Garrick says excitedly, "Yes! I've finally made it to the big time! I have actual coin to spend in a big town that has an actual inn! I can't wait to order a drink and sit in a corner with my sword looking all dangerous and stuff!"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Veerdunn Glootneir

A gleam in Veerdunn's eye sparkles the color of gold. If what is said about the eyes being the gate to the soul, then this 'young-ish' dwarf has treasure on his mind. He trods on with a weary grin showing through his beard.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sasho Gavril, he of the prodigious moustache, glances sideways at Garrick. Sasho's scarred, strangely dark eye rolls in time with its partner, a normal-seeming greenish eye.

"You simply must cheer up, Garrick," the gnome says, "elsewise your dour demeanor shall dampen all our spirits."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the trio banter down the hill into the village, each feeling a renewed vigor in their steps they see...

Prosperous Farm Cottage and Barn said:
This wood and plaster house is well kept, and the barn beyond is bulging with hay and grain, and so forth. Several fat animals are about. Two large farm dogs bark at your approach, and a rosy-cheeked goodwife appears at the doorway.

The goodwife waves merrily as you walk down the road across from the house, but the dogs continue to make a racket.

"Here now. Quiet you two!" Comes a shout from a man near the barn. "Quiet!"

The dogs leave off their barking at the call but watch the group suspiciously.

The goodwife turns to look at the man and then says startled. "Percy you shouldn't be trying to move that cart all alone. Where's [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Filliken? He should be helping you."

"Bah! I don't need help from the likes of him,"
Percy says as he tries unsuccessfully once more to move the wagon load of feed.
[/FONT]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
At first Garrick was going to refuse, as the job sounded too similar to work he would do on his family farm. Then he decides at last to aid, as this is a chance to showcase his strength.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases