Fort: +3
Ref: +5
Will: -1

BAB: +0
Melee: +0
Finesse: +3
Ranged: +3

Code of Honor: None

LANGUAGES: Argossean (native), Shemitish, Zingaran, Kothic.

PROFECIENCY FEATS: Simple Weapon Proficiency (All), Martial Weapon Proficiency (Light and One-Handed only), Armor Proficiency (Light).

1st LEVEL FEAT: Skill Focus (Open Lock).

ABILITIES: Sneak Attack (Poinard), Trap Disarming.

44 skill points: 2 - Open Lock, 2 - Disable Device, 2 - Appraise, 2 - Search, 4 - Hide, 4 - Move Silently, 2 - Gather Information, 4 -Tumble, 4 - Slight of Hand, 4 - Bluff, 4 - Climb, 4 - Jump, 2 - Balance, 4 - Escape Artist)

Hyborian Adaptability: Open Lock, Disable Device

Hyborian Background Skills: Open Lock, Disable Device, Appraise, Search

CLASS SKILLS

+8 Disable Device (+10 with tools)
+7 Hide
-1 Listen

+7 Move Silently
+12 Open Lock (+14 with tools)
+6 Search

+6 Appraise
+9 Balance
+4 Bluff

+4 Climb
+2 Decipher Script
+7 Escape Artist

+6 Gather Information
+0 Intimidate
+4 Jump

-1 Spot
-1 Sense Motive
+7 Slight of Hand

+7 Tumble
+7 Use Rope
+2 Craft (Herbalism)

+0 Diplomacy
+0 Disguise
+2 Forgery

+2 Knowledge (Arcana)
+6 Knowledge (Local)
+0 Knowledge (Nobility)

+0 Knowledge (Rumors)
+0 Perform
+3 Profession (Sailor)

CROSS-CLASS SKILLS

+0 Concentration
+2 Craft (Alchemy)
+0 Handle Animal

-1 Heal
+2 Knowledge (Geography)
+2 Knowledge (History)

+2 Knowledge (Religion)
+3 Ride
-1 Survival

+0 Swim

NOTES It's always good to have a spare character or two around, ready to go. I created this one quickly, using just the generic equipment choices from page 78 of 2E Conan. I've got a player who cannot commit to every game (and I'm the type of Ref that insists that every player show up--at least the main characters to the story--every game session, or nobody plays), so I created Arno with him in mind. The main players in the game are playing thieves, so I knew I'd create at least one extra thief. And, I specialized Arno in opening locks and disabling devices (thus, when you get to know Arno, people call him "Clink"). If the PCs need such a specialized NPC, the word that they will hear will be Arno. I can use him as a quick NPC.

If a player picks up and plays Arno, then I'll allow some small amount of changes and customization, if the player requests. Much depends on how much about Arno has been established in the game before-hand.

Equipment: I'm using the second generic equipment kit for thieves, which is... Master work thieves' tools, poinard, cloak, hood, doublet, breeches, work boots, hose, shirt and braes, costrel, belt, belt pouch, and kit bag. 4 sp.

Water Bob

Adventurer
-- EIDORAN --

If you have the RUINS OF HYBORIA supplement, then you might notice an entry on page 28 that bespeaks of a ruin in Argos named Eidoran where followers of Mitra guard demons that have been cast in stone.

If you want to learn more about this place, read (now out of print) Marvel graphic novel from 1989 called, CONAN THE BARBARIAN in THE SKULL OF SET.

1266253-marvel_graphic_novel_v1982__53___conan__the_skull_of_set__2010____page_1.jpg

Water Bob

Adventurer
(Opening the image in a new tab will allow you to blow the picture up a bit so that you can see the detail better.)

hyboria_by_sapiento-d4bvej9.jpg

Last edited:

Water Bob

Adventurer
Thank you. I post this stuff so that other GM's can use what they will in their own games. Enjoy!

Oh...and I welcome other Conan GM's to post their stuff here, too.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
As said by others, magnificent thread! I hope this bit of semi-related news fits your idea of what is allowed. If not, tag me in a post and I'll trim this back to just my praise for the thread. :)

Are you familiar with Conan: Hyborian Quests (2015)?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160010/conan-hyborian-quests

Board Game Geek TV caught up with the publisher, Monolith Games, and checked out their prototype -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfoKM9hdGz8

Although this is going to be a boardgame (really a minis skirmish game), I thought I'd give a heads up about it because of the way it is structured. One person plays the opposition to one to four other players who play Conan and up to several companions. It might be fun just to have for killing time while other players arrive (60 minute game). It might be the scenarios will be fresh enough to lend themselves to borrowing for an RPG. It might be it'll have some figures that are the right size to paint and use for RPGing (the prototype makes that appear true).

Last thing I read/heard this is well-along in playtesting and scheduled for Kickstarter in January with plans to have it all done by Gen Con 2015 for others beyond KS. It had been thought it would Kickstarter by Sept 2014 but that got pushed back so I'm not counting on other planned dates until I see them actually happen.

Water Bob

Adventurer
-- FLEA --

Flea is a beggar in the Argossean town of Raze. This poor wretch suffers from a horrible disfigurement. Sometime in the past, it looks as if someone put a torch into the center of Fea's face. He's totally blind. His nose is mostly gone, along with his upper lip. The direct center of his face is nothing but hard scar tissue, twisted into a skull-like scowl. Nobody really knows what happened to Flea. He just appeared one day in town. When he hears someone pass, he'll stick out his arm energetically, begging for whatever people will throw at him. It sounds like he's saying, "Fleas, fleas," but that's just the way he sounds with no upper lip. With that lips and the slobber streaming lines down his chin, he's trying to say, "Please, please," in order to get food or money or help. This is how he got his name--not by the number of fleas crawling over him (as well as lice)--because he can't vocalize a "p" to say please.

Flea is very skinny. If you catch a look at him not wearing a tunic, you'll see his ribs showing under his skin. Sometimes, his stomach is bloated, not from too much to eat, but from malnourishment.

It's a cruel time in which we live. Flea survives totally on the generosity of others, and that generosity is far from consistent. A citizen handing Flea a chicken leg or a couple of coppers is just as likely to be seen as the city street urchins having fun by urinating on him.

I've provided no stats for Flea. He's an NPC mean strictly for atmosphere and roleplaying. I think it will be interesting to see how the players react to this poor victim of the Hyborian Age.

Flea can be but a moment of description in a game or blown up into a recurring NPC. Wouldn't it be interesting if the PCs, while arriving at a new town, see Flea--that he's gotten there ahead of them? Let the players ponder that. Or, how will the players react to seeing Flea being rolled by a Soldier who is shaking the poor wretch for a few extra coins to use in buying another mug of ale?

I plan on using Flea as the very first encounter in my new campaign. All the PCs are 1st level, and thus, they all start with very little coin. Per the book, they're all getting 2d6 -2 silvers. Needless to say, their funds will be very, very limited. As the game starts, one the PCs will be walking down a narrow street in Raze, when he is startled a bit with this hand that jerks out of the darkness of a cubbyhole between the buildings. Groping for him, the PC will hear, almost a whisper, "Feas, fleas".

If the PC gets nearer, I'll describe Fea's face--how he has no eyes, no nose, no upper lip, and his face is a twisted mash of burned scar tissue.

Will the PC part with one or a few of the few coins he has in his pocket?

I think it will be interesting to see.

No matter how the PC treats Flea, there are two scoundrels (the NPCs Gem and Mellot) who have staked out poor Flea. If anybody gives the poor creature money, these two step from around the corner of the crossing street and shake down Fea's benefactor (before taking anything given to Flea). These two think that they're real smart--finding a way to secure income for the day.

Flea will never be involved in combat. A child could kill him. In fact, if any type of DEX check is needed for the NPC, the GM should apply a penalty for Flea's sightless eyes. I'd say, give him a standard DEX 5 (which makes him AC 7), then give him a use the standard blindness penalties on top of that. Flea will have 1d4 hit points (roll it).

When portraying Flea, I'm going to play him as if he's gone a little insane from the years he's spent (and miraculously survived). He's like someone who has been kept in a closet for years: a prisoner, abused, thrown slop for dinner, starved, beaten, except his "closet" is the world. A world of darkness. It is a miracle, indeed, that he has survived.

And, because he has beaten the odds on survival during the Hyborian Age, I suggest that the GM give him 1d6 Fate Points, with a minimum of 4.

Water Bob

Adventurer
-- EASTERN DESERT and TURAN --

A nice map of the region. It would work well for a campaign set in the area.

A campaign featuring the Zuagirs? Kozaki?

zamboula01.JPG

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases