Big, Strong, and Dumb

Steely_Dan

First Post
I don''t know about 3E. In 4e he is discussed (and statted up) in The Plane Above - he is presented as an Exarch of Gruumsh. I would say he is proportionately weaker than in DDG - 25th level Elite Skirmisher.

Right on, the 4th Ed Manual of the Planes, The Plane Below and The Plane Above are some of the best books 4th Ed books, IMO; but, DDG?

GreyICE

Banned
Banned
Um, I'm not sure what you're saying here, or if you meant to quote me. I'm not talking about exponential growth or tables. I'm talking about STR in 5e, which has neither. The rules are quite simple: STR x 10 = carrying capacity. Carrying capacity x 5 = max deadlift/push/pull strength. Double these results by a factor of 2 for each Size class above Medium. No look up needed.

Exactly! It might result in the average human deadlift being 500 lbs, but honestly, who cares? We don't need to go overboard trying to simulate some sort of situation where the average (strength 10) and the maximum (strength 20) reflect the average and maximum carrying capacity of actual human beings.

Iosue

Legend
Exactly! It might result in the average human deadlift being 500 lbs, but honestly, who cares? We don't need to go overboard trying to simulate some sort of situation where the average (strength 10) and the maximum (strength 20) reflect the average and maximum carrying capacity of actual human beings.
Well, I'm not complaining. Just noticing a quirk in the rules.

pemerton

Legend
Right on, the 4th Ed Manual of the Planes, The Plane Below and The Plane Above are some of the best books 4th Ed books, IMO; but, DDG?
DDG - Deities & Demigods (1st ed AD&D book). I was commenting that in the transition from DDG to The Plane Above, I think Vaprak has been powered down a bit. (Or maybe Gruumsh has been powered up? In any event, the power relativity between Gruumsh and Vaprak is greater than it used to be.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases