Revolution

NewJeffCT

First Post
OK, enough with nitpicking.

After thinking the first episode was "meh", I thought the second was an improvement. Not great, but a step in the right direction. I thought Nora was a pretty good character, but I first was thinking "WTF is Sarah Silverman doing on this show?" when I first saw her. Still not sure about Charlie & her acting ability. Interesting ending with Grace & Randall...

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Let us consider that - you're now talking about taking a car that is already old, and running it for even longer, without easily available new parts or trained mechanics, and making them last yet another 15 years in use.

Why wouldn't there be mechanics? There are far more mechanics than there are doctors, yet they have one on the show. In one very small community. And those old trucks don't need a lot of parts. I think I put a fuel pump in mine once. It's going on 400,000 miles with the original motor. There's a ton of older vehicles out there still running, and tons that aren't that have parts galore. I suck as a mechanic, but I can do simple maintenance. I think finding gas and oil and tires would be the hardest part after 15 years.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
OTOH, I would love to have seen the return of steam power. It would have been coolness itself if the evil captain had rolled into town in a steam-powered black Escalade. Or at least, an Escalade chassis/body, stripped down a bit...

Yeah, but then he'd also need a handle bar moustache and a top hat.;)

Karak

First Post
I enjoyed the second episode. The only thing is the young girls acting is like a sledgehammer to my head. Lord.

But its ok. Not the greatest show but so far its keeping me interested.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, based on number of pages a thread goes, I think this show may make it to a second season. ;)

Have you actually worked out a correlation? If not, it would be interesting to see - how many pages the first thread after the first episode goes vs success of series....

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Have you actually worked out a correlation? If not, it would be interesting to see - how many pages the first thread after the first episode goes vs success of series....

mmmmmm, checking...quick search, from what looks like 1st found thread on subject. I don't claim it is correct or that this is an indicator, because that would take more study and trending.

Tera Nova - 4 pages
Falling Skies - Two threads for 7 pages
Walking Dead - 10+ pages
Chuck - 2 threads for 7
Bonic Woman - 5 pages
Dresdin Files - 4 pages
Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles - 10 pages
Middleman - 7 pages

Last edited:

john112364

First Post
And on that note a word from our sponsors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 69

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And on that note a word from our sponsors.

Except, of course, that the "electrical" activity of your nervous system and that in a conducting wire are physically quite different phenomena. Yes, changes to physics such that man-made electrical systems fail are apt to kill humans, but not by stopping activity in your nervous system.

If you're going to nitpick the science, you ought to get your own science correct, tanjit!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases