Revolution

I always give shows that I think I might be interested in about half a dozen episodes to find their feet. Both my wife and I agreed that episode 3, with the backstory revelations that it had, went a long way closer towards making the show a keeper on our DVR schedule.

The setting reminds me quite a bit of the setting from E. E. Knight's Vampire Earth novels--even though there are obviously some very distinctive differences as well. Watching the show has made me want to pick up those novels where I left off and start reading them again.

ggroy

First Post
So far this show is too slow moving and not really keeping my interest. (In the same time slot, new episodes of Hawaii Five-0 have been keeping my attention more).

I'll watch tonight's episode, and see whether it changes my mind or not.

In general, I've found that slow moving tv shows are hard for me to follow on a weekly schedule. Though I have noticed that when I watched the dvd (or bluray) set of such a slow moving tv show, the "slowness" is not much of an issue when I can watch 3 or 4 (or more) episodes one after another in a single sitting.

Recently I finished watching the dvd set of the tv show Defying Gravity, where I watched 3 or 4 episodes every evening over the weekend. If I had watched Defying Gravity back in its first run (in 2009), I probably would have dropped the show after the first few episodes. It was just too slow moving from episode to episode, to keep my attention on a weekly schedule. But watching 3 or 4 (or more) episodes during an evening sitting, Defying Gravity was able to keep my interest.

I've had similar experiences with other slow moving shows like: Stargate Universe, Heroes, Lost, etc ...

I do have an issue with shows on in the same timeslot too, although mines a little different. I like Hawaii 5-O, Castle and I'm DVRing Revolution to watch with my wife. Since my DVR has a limit of 2 channels in the same time slot, I'm finding that I have to watch one of them live, which this season has turned out to be Castle. If my wife and I decide to dump Revolution later down the road, that'll end that problem, but in the meantime, I'm not real happy about it.

Considering that I actually watch very little TV, having three shows--one on each of the traditional major networks at the same time--is a bit unusual.

ggroy

First Post
I do have an issue with shows on in the same timeslot too, although mines a little different. I like Hawaii 5-O, Castle and I'm DVRing Revolution to watch with my wife. Since my DVR has a limit of 2 channels in the same time slot, I'm finding that I have to watch one of them live, which this season has turned out to be Castle. If my wife and I decide to dump Revolution later down the road, that'll end that problem, but in the meantime, I'm not real happy about it.

I have the same issue with my dvr too. It will only allow a maximum of recording two channels at once during the same time slots.

If one has cable, there's also the option of watching tv show episodes on vod.

For example, I watched the first two episodes of Revolution on vod. Most current tv shows which are offered on my cable company's vod service, are free for a few weeks after the original first run broadcast.

(I suppose I could always watch episodes of Revolution in blocks of two or three episodes on vod, if I find it too slow going watching new episodes every week).

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer

Considering that I actually watch very little TV, having three shows--one on each of the traditional major networks at the same time--is a bit unusual.

I have the same issue twice per week even though I have 2 DVRs recording 4 things at a time.

Yeah...we watch too much TV...

This episode was again quite blah for me, with too much unrealistic stuff and too many dumb decisions. I think I'm done, disappointingly.

Not blah, but fairly meh. If that makes sense. I still like the concept and it still has the benefit of my doubt. So far they've just been setting up the circumstances for the "revolution" to begin. That is the name of the show after all and not "15 years after".

Remove ads