All Rogues Game: Wretched Hive of Scum & Villainy

Kaodi

Hero
A week ago Amaline was contacted by a representative of the Fuzeta da Ponte family with details of a forging job that would take her out of the city to the village of Bara Gairo. There, a Qizmiri businessman and associate of the family would be waiting, in need of some special documents so that he could get a special shipments of good into the city. Of course, details of what exactly was being transported were not forthcoming, but Amaline could guess it was likely some exotic drugs, or a dangerous pet; really, it was not her concern.

She was furnished with an example of the documents she would be forging, with instructions to burn them once she was done studying and preparing for the job. Materials would be provided on site in Bara Gairo, so as not to unduly risk her being apprehended on the way out of the city. So Amaline did as she was asked, and once she was confident she had the technique down, she burned the example and waited a couple of days for when she needed to head to the village.

In the time to spare, Amaline did a little consulting work on the price of stolen goods for a couple fences from the Castidia family, but otherwise she decided to take it easy. She was not hurting too badly for money at the moment, and the price on the documents would add nicely to those savings. Eventually it was time for her contracted job though, and she headed to Bara Gairo.

Forging the documents ended up taking a little longer than Amaline had expected, but the Qizmiri businessman had been quite impressed by her knowledge of his language; if he had any issue with her work, it seemed to have been forgiven. In any case, once the forging had been completed and she had received her payment, it was too late for her to head back into the city that day, and she was forced to stay in the village for the night.

( Okay, I had not intended to write more than two paragraphs, but it just sort of... happened. )

And, just as an FYI, I've been making some updates to the Obsidian Portal campaign page, so it's relatively complete (at least so far; obviously much to come as we delve into the campaign.) I've added, also, some details about the little village you'll be visiting as the campaign starts. Don't worry! I fully intend to only spend a little time there, and then get back to the city.

Wretched Hive of Scum & Villainy | Obsidian Portal

Also, sorry... one more question. I tried to add the first statblock I had (Stefano) into Obsidian Portal, and I frankly got kinda lost by their system. He's there, but his character sheet is showing as blank, for some reason (!?) Anyone ever use Obsidian Portal for character management before?

Rather than go on and add Amaline and Rune's so-far nameless character, I stopped until I can figure it out. Maybe instead of being on Obsidian Portal, I should just create a quick n dirty campaign page on Wikispaces. I know how that works.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Feo Gato

Deuce Traveler checking in. I'm sure the others will soon, too. Tell me what you think about my first draft:

Name: Feo Gato
Human Rogue (Roof Runner)
Favored Class: Rogue (+1 hit point/level)

HP: 10
STR 14 (+2)
DEX 20 (+5)
CON 13 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 12 (+1)
CHA 8 (-1)

Feats: Sneak Attack +1d6 (Class), Roof Running (Class), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Languages: Terrasan

Skills (9 points):
Acrobatics: +9
Climb: +6
Swim: +6
Disable Device: +9
Escape Artist: +9
Perception: +5
Sleight of Hand: +9
Stealth: +9
Knowledge (local): +4

Traits: Deft Dodger (+1 to Reflex Saves), Reactionary (+2 to Initiative)

Initiative +7
HP: 10
AC: 17
Saves: Fortitude +1, Reflex +8, Willpower +1

BAB: +0
CMB +2
CMD +7

Weapons: Short Bow, Club (table leg)
Short Bow (+5 to hit, 1d6 damage, x3 Critical, Range: 60 feet), Club (+2 to hit, 1d6 damage, x2 critical)

Armor: Leather

Equipment: Chalk, 1 piece; Flint and steel; Mirror (small steel); Backpack; Signal whistle; Thieves Tools; Quiver, Arrows: 20; Smoke Arrow; Traveler's Outfit; Sack; 42gp, 9 cp

Total Cost: 95.91 out of 140gp
Total Weight: 32 out of 58 pounds (Light)

Background: Feo grew up as another poor street rat in Porto Liorte, though he had a knack for climbing and roof jumping. He joined up with one of the local gangs called the Saracens, but the group ended up on the wrong end of a score and were wiped out of their turf by the Turnball ACs. They should have known that the Turnball ACs would look down on them robbing a low-rate jewelry store on their territory, but Edge, the Saracen gang leader, thought the place was too undefended and lucrative to pass up. Feo came out of the fight unscathed and with enough of the loot from the score to escape to Bara Gairo and lay low for a bit. Half of his gang was killed outright (including Edge), while the others were hurt bad or scattered to parts unknown. Feo knows some other local gangs that might take him in, such as the Moonrunners, once things settle down. Feo is dusky skinned with chubby cheeks and dark eyes set in a squat face. He is downright unattractive and talks little, though he is generally even-tempered.

---

I'd love to throw chakrams instead of firing a shortbow. I just love chakrams. I think this character should fit well in the group as a sneak, burglar, climber and all around infiltrator.

Last edited:

Putting all of the backgrounds/last few weeks stories in one post, for easy access. As of this point, still looking for one for Brick, Porcelain, Stefano, and Rune's unnamed character.
Amaline. A week ago Amaline was contacted by a representative of the Fuzeta da Ponte family with details of a forging job that would take her out of the city to the village of Bara Gairo. There, a Qizmiri businessman and associate of the family would be waiting, in need of some special documents so that he could get a special shipments of good into the city. Of course, details of what exactly was being transported were not forthcoming, but Amaline could guess it was likely some exotic drugs, or a dangerous pet; really, it was not her concern.

She was furnished with an example of the documents she would be forging, with instructions to burn them once she was done studying and preparing for the job. Materials would be provided on site in Bara Gairo, so as not to unduly risk her being apprehended on the way out of the city. So Amaline did as she was asked, and once she was confident she had the technique down, she burned the example and waited a couple of days for when she needed to head to the village.

In the time to spare, Amaline did a little consulting work on the price of stolen goods for a couple fences from the Castidia family, but otherwise she decided to take it easy. She was not hurting too badly for money at the moment, and the price on the documents would add nicely to those savings. Eventually it was time for her contracted job though, and she headed to Bara Gairo.

Forging the documents ended up taking a little longer than Amaline had expected, but the Qizmiri businessman had been quite impressed by her knowledge of his language; if he had any issue with her work, it seemed to have been forgiven. In any case, once the forging had been completed and she had received her payment, it was too late for her to head back into the city that day, and she was forced to stay in the village for the night.

( Okay, I had not intended to write more than two paragraphs, but it just sort of... happened. )

Feo Gato. Background: Feo grew up as another poor street rat in Porto Liorte, though he had a knack for climbing and roof jumping. He joined up with one of the local gangs called the Saracens, but the group ended up on the wrong end of a score and were wiped out of their turf by the Turnball ACs. They should have known that the Turnball ACs would look down on them robbing a low-rate jewelry store on their territory, but Edge, the Saracen gang leader, thought the place was too undefended and lucrative to pass up. Feo came out of the fight unscathed and with enough of the loot from the score to escape to Bara Gairo and lay low for a bit. Half of his gang was killed outright (including Edge), while the others were hurt bad or scattered to parts unknown. Feo knows some other local gangs that might take him in, such as the Moonrunners, once things settle down. Feo is dusky skinned with chubby cheeks and dark eyes set in a squat face. He is downright unattractive and talks little, though he is generally even-tempered.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sorry, was kinda waiting on HolyMan's input about our associated character ideas. I'm off to the gym right now but I hope to get character info/background up after (with or without HM).

Quick change, in case anyone's looked yet. I got tired very quickly of fighting with Obsidian Portal. It's probably a great site, but I'm having too much trouble figuring out how to do things like post characters and whatnot. And the text editor was very poor. I prefer the "straight wiki" type stuff.

Because of that, I've spent the last hour or so migrating all the information I had on the OP page to a wikispaces account, which I've created as a new campaign wiki for this campaign.

http://wretched.wikispaces.com/

From now on, any updates will show up there, and the Obsidian Portal site will be taken down.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ugly Cat? Ha-ha!

I like it. Nice use of the Roof Runner archetype.

Well if you were going to use Latin-based names such as Porto Liorte, then this Brooklyn-born Puerto Rican/Irishman was going to enjoy himself. Speaking of Brooklyn, I also threw in a few references to the greatest Brooklyn movie of all time in the background.

How much has Thieves World stories and the Freeport adventures influenced this campaign your created?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases