Anyone check out Radiance RPG yet?

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
At Radiance RPG is a link to the free Radiance Player's Guide rpg, written by a guy who makes a living from writing/selling college textbooks (I think).

Anyways, the PDF is actually free and the hardback is like $15 so I figured that after checking it out myself and finding a lot of goodness in it, it's worth the looksie. :)

It's a d20 variant with 24 races, 30 classes, has 16 themes, deities that provide boons, and incorporates different types of technology, one called electrotech. Also, has No Feats, No massive Spells lists, and it's combat chapter is only 8 pages. The book is 286 pages.

It looks like a mold of 3.x and 4e with it's own unique spins on a few things.

I love it, and I have finally found a d20 game that surpasses Fantasy Craft. I wanted to share the love with all of you.

This game even has a blurb for classless play.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Yep, started reading it yesterday.

Have to say, I like it quite a bit. Still digging, but the crunch is thick without being clogging, which I enjoy.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
My PC has been attempting to download the free Players Guide for the past two hours. It gets stuck and needs to be nudged forward.

AncientSpirits

First Post
My PC has been attempting to download the free Players Guide for the past two hours. It gets stuck and needs to be nudged forward.

I just downloaded it in the usual time (30 seconds?) Thank you for reporting this in case GoDaddy (my host service) has the same problems it did earlier in the week when all of its sites went down! If you are ultimately unable to get it, I can use YouSendIt to get you a copy when I'm back home.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
Stacie GmrGrl, thanks for posting here! :)

As the author, I am happy to answer any questions.

The download page with the free Players Guide and Monster Folio is here:
Radiance RPG

Announcements, preview material, and such are here:
www.Facebook.com/RadianceRPG

No problem AncientSpirits... I felt this game needed more love because it deserves it. IMO this is the game D&DNext should strive to become... this is my favorite d20 game now. :)

Can't wait for the Radiance Expansion Kit in December. :D

Robyo

Explorer
Greetings all. This is my first post on ENworld (though I've been reading, researching, here for awhile). I started playing rpg's when I was in grade-school in the early 80's. After high-school I got away from it for many years, but this year I started up again with some buddies from work. I've been playing C&C, pathfinder, 4e, and d20 future.

Lately, I've just started getting into Radiance with my gaming group and everyone seems to really enjoy it. Our GM has been looking for a decent d20-style steampunk game for years, until I turned him onto this game. The information and art in the book is top notch, the price of materials is excellent (already ordered a PHB). Personally, I think it's brilliant marketing to release free PDF's. Most gamers I know these days would rather "try-before-buy" so, I do appreciate their strategy.

Looking forward to checking out the Master's Guide and other expansions when they are released!

Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Okay, I've failed too many times to download this game. If there is ever a zip file available, please let me know.

In the meantime, I will be checking out 13th Age.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases