Anyone check out Radiance RPG yet?

Spatula

Explorer
The download link actually loaded the PDF into my browser, which took forever. So it seems you should right-click and do a "Save Target As".

Anyway, thanks to [MENTION=86279]Stacie GmrGrl[/MENTION] for bringing this up. After skimming it, it looks like an interesting blend of various fantasy games.

AncientSpirits

First Post
Greetings all. This is my first post on ENworld (though I've been reading, researching, here for awhile). I started playing rpg's when I was in grade-school in the early 80's. After high-school I got away from it for many years, but this year I started up again with some buddies from work. I've been playing C&C, pathfinder, 4e, and d20 future.

Lately, I've just started getting into Radiance with my gaming group and everyone seems to really enjoy it. Our GM has been looking for a decent d20-style steampunk game for years, until I turned him onto this game. The information and art in the book is top notch, the price of materials is excellent (already ordered a PHB). Personally, I think it's brilliant marketing to release free PDF's. Most gamers I know these days would rather "try-before-buy" so, I do appreciate their strategy.

Looking forward to checking out the Master's Guide and other expansions when they are released!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Robyo.
I too started in the early 80s (30 years ago this past summer). I still remember the whole adventure of first time I played. Never imagined such a thing as an RPG existed! And like you, I took a break, for me from 17-25. Too much else going on then.

We're still working on the Master's Guide. There are a few pages left free. If you all have anything you'd love to see.... Someone has asked, for example, for a 2-page GM cheat sheet that fills the same role as a GM's screen.

AncientSpirits

First Post
Thanks for making this game, and making it available for free! I've flipped through it and like what I see, now it's time to settle down and give it a more thorough read.

You're welcome. I did this as a philanthropic project of sorts. And these days, with our attention in ten directions at once, "Free" still has a certain allure. :)

AncientSpirits

First Post
Okay, I've failed too many times to download this game. If there is ever a zip file available, please let me know.

In the meantime, I will be checking out 13th Age.

Oh gosh.
You all can download it at:

Radiance Players Guide: A Complete Roleplaying Game in the Age of Electrotech - Radiance House | DriveThruRPG.com

I considered zip files, and then I worried some folks are unsure what to with those, even in 2012. Solution: 2 download options! I'll work on that. Thank you for reporting this obstacle.

slobster

Hero
You're welcome. I did this as a philanthropic project of sorts. And these days, with our attention in ten directions at once, "Free" still has a certain allure. :)

That is amazing. Where did you get the art? It's very nice, far far more than I would have expected from a philanthropic project.

Consider me a convert, and a proselytizer. For what it's worth. I'll mention it to my game group, anyway. :)

AncientSpirits

First Post
That is amazing. Where did you get the art? It's very nice, far far more than I would have expected from a philanthropic project.

Consider me a convert, and a proselytizer. For what it's worth. I'll mention it to my game group, anyway. :)

I run a publishing company for books and such unrelated to RPGs. That resource and experience really helped do something fun like this. Like any serious RPG outfit, I solicited the magic of professional game artists like Joe Slucher, Eric Lofgren, Chris Pritchard, and Frank Walls. I and a friend of mine who is a video/animation creative director did the interior and cover design. And so forth.

Yay, for converts to Baal. I mean Dagon. I mean Radiance. ;)

AncientSpirits

First Post
My PC has been attempting to download the free Players Guide for the past two hours. It gets stuck and needs to be nudged forward.
09bh.jpg
09dh.jpg
09jh.jpg
09ht.jpg
test2.jpg

You can also download it at:
Radiance Players Guide: A Complete Roleplaying Game in the Age of Electrotech - Radiance House | DriveThruRPG.com

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I like that if I make a Warmech + Shifter class equals Beast Wars Transformer. :)

It would be cool if the Shifter class could be expanded for more different animal forms... I could totally run a Beast Wars campaign that way using Radiance.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases