Anyone check out Radiance RPG yet?

AncientSpirits

First Post
Version "T" of the Radiance Players Guide is now uploaded to DriveThruRPG.

The hardcover will soon be available for ordering in the new version. The changes are numerous and small and include fixed typos, new abilities for some classes, occasional ability name changes, and rule tweaks. Thank you to everyone who gave feedback!

Khaalis

Adventurer
Wouldn't call it a loss.
I'd not only call it a loss, but I'd call it laziness and juvenile trolling.

I know its your right to write-off a game under whatever criteria you choose, but please don't come here and troll about it. If you have a legitimate review to make, fine that's one thing. BIMHO, coming here just to say "you have 1 stat out of an entire game system I can't be bothered to actually read that makes me say - your game sucks" is childish and flat out trolling. Just smirk to yourself, write it off and move on.

How about I immediately write you off for taking a name and avatar that are a childish rip of of Tolkien and subsequently write to tell you so on a public thread then add you to the ignore list? Pretty much the same concept except I wouldn't do it. Nor would I come shyte all over someone's thread about a game system they've worked hard on and has a lot going for it in the right niche.

Ballbo Big'uns

Explorer
I'd not only call it a loss, but I'd call it laziness and juvenile trolling.

I know its your right to write-off a game under whatever criteria you choose, but please don't come here and troll about it. If you have a legitimate review to make, fine that's one thing. BIMHO, coming here just to say "you have 1 stat out of an entire game system I can't be bothered to actually read that makes me say - your game sucks" is childish and flat out trolling. Just smirk to yourself, write it off and move on.

How about I immediately write you off for taking a name and avatar that are a childish rip of of Tolkien and subsequently write to tell you so on a public thread then add you to the ignore list? Pretty much the same concept except I wouldn't do it. Nor would I come shyte all over someone's thread about a game system they've worked hard on and has a lot going for it in the right niche.

Comeliness score is one of those pieces of design antiquity that D&D wisely shoveled into a corner in 1st edition, then abandoned in subsequent editions. It's just clutter. If the author the author actually thought including this was a good idea, I can thereby intuit what the rest of the system is like (full of bad ideas). Maybe if he/she writes a second edition of the game, they will think twice before trying to resuscitate euthanized rules.

Simply put: Comeliness score = garbage game.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Comeliness score is one of those pieces of design antiquity that D&D wisely shoveled into a corner in 1st edition, then abandoned in subsequent editions. It's just clutter. If the author the author actually thought including this was a good idea, I can thereby intuit what the rest of the system is like (full of bad ideas). Maybe if he/she writes a second edition of the game, they will think twice before trying to resuscitate euthanized rules.

Simply put: Comeliness score = garbage game.
Wow, I've never seen someone so one-sided and RPG shallow. I don't normally respond to intentional trolling but this level of outright ignorance galls me.

Really? Junk Games? Shoved in a corner after AD&D? What world do you live in? Apparently you don't really know your RPGs then and are talking out of something... Its actually not uncommon in many rpgs.

Lets see... comeliness, looks or appearance as a stat or quality .... (this is Not an exhaustive list)

Big Names:
2E D&D, d20/3E Sourcebooks, 2300AD, Blue Rose, Buffy, Champions, Cyberpunk, Dragon Warriors, Gurps, Hackmaster, Hero System, Fantasy Hero, Palladium, Pendragon, Rifts, Savage Worlds, World of Darkness

And the more fringe:
ACE Agents, Agent SEVEN, Battleforce Bravo, Bloode Island, Buggin, Castle Frankenstein, Cinematic Unisystems, Danger International, Disaster!, Dragon's Egg, Empire of the Petal Throne, Enforcers, Espionage, Flash Gordon, Hero Force, Heroes & Monsters, HG Wells' War of the Worlds, Idyll, James Bond 007, Justice Inc, Life, the RPG, Mekton Zeta, Monsters and Slayers, Mortal Combat, Nightlife, Ninja Hero, Omnifray, Robot Warrior, Shriek, Silhouette Transformers, Star Hero, Star Legion, Teenagers from Outer Space, Trancers, Western Hero, Witch Hunt, etc.

Not to mention there are a lot of people that still use it. I've even already seen it pop up for 5E. Its not a stat for everyone's table but it does have its uses. Positive Aspects off the top of my head?
* Adds to verisimilitude. People who know how to use their looks effectively and make solid first impressions are quite effective at handling social challenges.
* Appearance is often useful to define an NPCs inital reaction to encountering the player, like in the real world.
* Reinforces the idea that a game is going to address interpersonal issues. Romance RPGs are an entire sub-genre.
* Some players use it in developing their image of the character

Though, I know this was all rather in vain. As I said you're entitled to you opinion but don't come cr@p on someone else's game based on your personal misconceptions and misinformation. Just move along and save the trolling.

Ballbo Big'uns

Explorer
Wow, I've never seen someone so one-sided and RPG shallow. I don't normally respond to intentional trolling but this level of outright ignorance galls me.

Really? Junk Games? Shoved in a corner after AD&D? What world do you live in? Apparently you don't really know your RPGs then and are talking out of something... Its actually not uncommon in many rpgs.

Lets see... comeliness, looks or appearance as a stat or quality .... (this is Not an exhaustive list)

Big Names:
2E D&D, d20/3E Sourcebooks, 2300AD, Blue Rose, Buffy, Champions, Cyberpunk, Dragon Warriors, Gurps, Hackmaster, Hero System, Fantasy Hero, Palladium, Pendragon, Rifts, Savage Worlds, World of Darkness

And the more fringe:
ACE Agents, Agent SEVEN, Battleforce Bravo, Bloode Island, Buggin, Castle Frankenstein, Cinematic Unisystems, Danger International, Disaster!, Dragon's Egg, Empire of the Petal Throne, Enforcers, Espionage, Flash Gordon, Hero Force, Heroes & Monsters, HG Wells' War of the Worlds, Idyll, James Bond 007, Justice Inc, Life, the RPG, Mekton Zeta, Monsters and Slayers, Mortal Combat, Nightlife, Ninja Hero, Omnifray, Robot Warrior, Shriek, Silhouette Transformers, Star Hero, Star Legion, Teenagers from Outer Space, Trancers, Western Hero, Witch Hunt, etc.

Not to mention there are a lot of people that still use it. I've even already seen it pop up for 5E. Its not a stat for everyone's table but it does have its uses. Positive Aspects off the top of my head?
* Adds to verisimilitude. People who know how to use their looks effectively and make solid first impressions are quite effective at handling social challenges.
* Appearance is often useful to define an NPCs inital reaction to encountering the player, like in the real world.
* Reinforces the idea that a game is going to address interpersonal issues. Romance RPGs are an entire sub-genre.
* Some players use it in developing their image of the character

Though, I know this was all rather in vain. As I said you're entitled to you opinion but don't come cr@p on someone else's game based on your personal misconceptions and misinformation. Just move along and save the trolling.

And I dislike each and every game that you just cited. Thank you for reaffirming my suspicions that Radiance is a garbage game.

AncientSpirits

First Post

Khaalis, thank you for your thoughtful response and the extensive list of games. I'd never be able to put that together!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases