New DM seeking premade campaign

KazimirV

First Post
Hey all, I am brand new at beIng a DM, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any campaigns/modules that would be good for a starting group. I want to start everyone off at level 1 and would like to carry through 20 if possible. I want it to be Faerun, and my only real requirement would be that we would have to visit the Underdark eventually. I would like it to be a mix of dungeons and story/flavor. I'm not sure if I'm asking too much, but I have absolutely no idea how this stuff works! Thanks everyone!

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
You have a few options available to you. First would be to play one of Paizo's Adventure Paths (Shackled City, Age of Worms, and Savage Tide) and reflavor it to the Realms. Most of the conversions are pretty straight-forward. If you do have any problems or concerns you could always ask for advice on the forums.

Second, I'd look to running a series of Dungeon modules. They won't have the same continuity as the Adventure Paths but will allow you to mix and match as you see fit. You can read up on descriptions over at Paizo.com.

Finally, WotC did a handful of hard-cover adventures set in the Realms. They include the series Cormyr, Shadowdale, Anauroch which does start off at a level higher than 1st. These can be mixed in with Dungeon modules to form a neat little campaign.

Hope this helps.

I'd like to second what Jacob Marley said.

If you do decide to run something like Shackled City, which would be my recommendation, the people over at Paizo's forums already have stuff posted to help you convert straight away to FR, Galorian or anywhere else you want.

There are a bunch of free adventures at WotC site which you can find here. Mix and match or use as a starting off point to expand into something greater.

If you're group is just starting out, remember to have fun first and foremost. Don't worry about what the rules are as much as making sure everyone is getting a hang for what they're doing and having fun.

If you have any other questions let us know and we'll be sure to help!

KazimirV

First Post
You guys are great, thanks! I've played before and found some of the rules kind of cumbersome, so I'm definitely going to be a more lenient DM..

Jacob Marley

Adventurer
You guys are great, thanks! I've played before and found some of the rules kind of cumbersome, so I'm definitely going to be a more lenient DM..

Also, take a look at using these free adventures from WotC. They are all generic and can easily be dropped into the Realms. As you are a newer DM, I'd suggest using some of these modules coupled with some from Dungeon magazine.

Free adventures!

Bathnor

First Post
The last campaign that I ran was the Worlds Largest Dungeon. I used the gesalt rules and gesalted the entire dungeon. The dungeon nis easily placed within the Realms. I also had the dungeon location up near the great glacier.

This adventure took my party of 4 from 1st level all the way to 21st level. They had a great time playing it and there are connections to the underdark set within the dungeon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases