Secretive Behavior and Conspiracy Theories

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Sometimes I think that goes too far, or is handled too strongly, which leads to distrust, rather than simply securing sensitive information.
"Simply securing sensitive information" can be a bear of a problem. At least in my experience, maintaining sensitive material is prone to "mission creep". As an organization or project ages, it produces more and more secret material, of course. Moreover, there also tends to be a lot of associated stuff that also gets sucked into the classification scheme for various reasons, not least of which is simple laziness: it can take a LOT of effort to inspect and scrub information for release.

So rather than try to keep the line between 'secret' and 'not secret' nice and clear and realistic, an organization will generally tend to act very conservatively toward information release, preferring to hide everything, so as not to accidentally divulge something truly 'secret'.

End result is that such an organization always seems to act or speak suspiciously from the perspective of outsiders-- even when whatever it's hiding isn't actually worth hiding.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Umbran was NOT trying to hide any thing or send a red herring when locked the other thread.

Now just follow the pen and forget the word conspiracy.

*dons sunglasses*

FLASH!

Janx

Hero
In a more serious return to the topic, my conspiracy theory friend has delivered the link to the government site where they are looking to buy .223 ammo in large quantities.

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=c432be5826bf182b180ab4c2392aa978&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

The Statement of Work (SOW) indicates 40 million this year, and 40 million per subsequent option year for 4 years.

The requesting department is Homeland Security.

My friend sees some dark purpose to such an order.

I deduce that the .223 probably fits M16 style weapons. And that this ammo may likely be deployed to border patrol, CIA, FBI for actual gunfights and for target practice. The latter likely being a heavier consumer of ammo.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases