Latest Playtest Survey (Sept 14)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I really liked the latest playtest survey -- unlike previous ones, this one really felt like they were asking questions that were looking for thoughtful responses. Instead of "what character did you play" things, it was asking about granularity, details of races, backgrounds, specialties -- the real meat associated with the new material.

The chance to comment on the balance of spells, weapon and armor types, etc. too was more useful than simply checking satisfied/dissatisfied/don't know.

pauljathome

First Post
I thought that it was insanely badly organized in one respect.

If I want to give feedback on some particular subject (for example, cleric spells) then I have to give feedback on ALL cleric spells?

1) I don't have time to do that
2) I haven't used all the spells.

If there was at least a default of "No opinion" it would have been ok. But I really didn't want to click 30 odd boxes and then look for the ones that I actually have an opinion on

Make it easy and quick for people to provide feedback or you're only going to be tapping that small segment of your audience who are very, very engaged in the process.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
[MENTION=17106]Ahnehnois[/MENTION]: The phrasing of the questions made me thing that they would; hence my satisfaction.

[MENTION=24049]Pauljathorne[/MENTION]: Fair enough -- I didn't mind clicking the boxes, but in the end I chose not to comment on the monsters, just because my playtest experience hadn't given me a full enough range. I made whatever specific comments I wanted in the box at the end.

What I did find was that the things that I didn't particularly think I cared about (the equipment lists) led to some very definite ideas because of the way the questions were asked. That's a good survey.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases