Monte Cook's Numenera Approaches Half Million Dollars

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
At the time of writing this, Monte Cook's Kickstarter project for his new RPG, Numenera, is at $425,000 with 32 hours to go. It would be pretty incredible to see it reach the half million dollar mark.

Over the last month, Monte has been continually adding to stretch goals - additional PDFs, t-shirts, adventures, bestiaries, mobile apps. The "REAL DEAL" pedge level (which is the one I went for myself) includes a hardcover rulebook, three adventures, three supplements, a GM's screen, some fiction, character sheets, and a mobile app.

The project has hit the news recently, too. Check out Geekwire, ICV2, MTVGeek, iO9, and G4TV and Kickstarter itself proclaimed 2012 The Year of the Game. Indeed, Kickstarter itself interviewed Monte a few days ago.

I wrote an article recently on the most-funded RPG Kickstarter projects, and Numenera is rapidly climbing that list. The only things higher are Reaper Miniatures Bones, Order of the Stick Reprint, and OGRE Designer's Edition.

So. Anyway. 32 hours left. Don't miss out - you get so much more by backing this now rather than buying the products afterwards!

As an aside - anyone got any idea what large companies like WotC budget for a hardback core rulebook release?

[UPDATE - this is close! A mere $3K and 2 hours to go!]

[UPDATE - and it's done! Over half a million dollars!]

Attachments

• photo-full.jpg
    photo-full.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I have no interest in this but I simply want to shout out an enormous "well done" to Monte. This is a significant achievement.

It also highlights how little he needed a job at WotC....

Zelkon

First Post
I can't escape the feeling that 5E would have ended up a better product with him involved. A voice to balance out edition bias of the staff if you will.

You're kidding, right? He was the cause of the bias. I bet he's a cool guy, but I hate pretty much every piece a crunch he has put out there, and the fluff for Numenara sounds pretty bad.

This seems like a good place to try out think tags. I have no idea what they do.
I think that Numenara is going to be a mediocre game

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
I am on the opposite sid of the fence Zelkon,
I love the Ghostwalk book for 3.0, and thought Arcana Evolved breathed some fresh air into the D&D Classes paradigm. I thought Ptolus was a fantastic book, and I even liked the d20 Cthulhu and his take on the World of Darkness.
Maybe this shows that I am more impressed with settings, but for me Numenera represents a nice change-up.

Zelkon

First Post
Numanera might well reach the scale of CoC, Exalted, Shadowrun, etc. It's raised about as much as those books sell, especially in this amount of time, maybe more.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases