D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 3. x Does D&D have a "Watcher" creature? - Page 2




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Evenglare's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Euless Tx
    Posts
    1,247

    ø Ignore Evenglare
    My communities:

    "Astinus
    Astinus Lorekeeper is the head librarian of the Library of Palanthas. When Astinus hears of Raistlin, he orders his disciples to put him in a cell so that Astinus may see him "if he has time". When Astinus confronts Raistlin, he recognizes the essence of Fistandantilus and therefore refers to Raistlin as "Old Friend". Fistandantilus created the Sphere of Time for Astinus to view the land and record everything as it is happening—truly, he "sees all as it is happening". Astinus records all history as it happens until the Chaos War, when he disappears. Astinus is believed by some to be either an aspect of Gilean, god of the Book, or a son of his. A legend states that Astinus is being trained by Gilean to go back to the beginning of time and become Gilean, thus entering a time loop."

    I love dragonlance, hopefully this can answer your question.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    RUMBLETiGER's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,261

    ø Ignore RUMBLETiGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenglare View Post
    "Astinus
    Astinus Lorekeeper is the head librarian of the Library of Palanthas. When Astinus hears of Raistlin, he orders his disciples to put him in a cell so that Astinus may see him "if he has time". When Astinus confronts Raistlin, he recognizes the essence of Fistandantilus and therefore refers to Raistlin as "Old Friend". Fistandantilus created the Sphere of Time for Astinus to view the land and record everything as it is happening—truly, he "sees all as it is happening". Astinus records all history as it happens until the Chaos War, when he disappears. Astinus is believed by some to be either an aspect of Gilean, god of the Book, or a son of his. A legend states that Astinus is being trained by Gilean to go back to the beginning of time and become Gilean, thus entering a time loop."

    I love dragonlance, hopefully this can answer your question.
    Does data on this guy only exist in the novels, or is there another way I can look him up?
    Does he have a stat build someplace? I'd imagine that since the novel characters are still based off D&D, something akin to a character sheet with feats, classes, and so on could be conceptualized. I'd love to deconstruct his mechanics to figure out how to craft something similar.
    "RUMBLETiGER is at least marginally better than Stalin!" ~ Dozen

  • #13
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Altamont Ravenard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    behind closed doors
    Posts
    3,065

    ø Ignore Altamont Ravenard
    The Keeper (from Fiend Folio) kind of fits the bill of what you're looking for.

    AR

    maturity consists in having rediscovered the seriousness one had as a child at play - Nietszche
    Ask any man what they’d do in the event of a zombie plague and their face will light up. They’ll go on and on about how they’d drive around in their pickup truck lopping off zombies’ heads with a samurai sword. - Jedidiah "Jed" Kirchner, Something Awful

    [uhoh]sigvirus[/uhoh]

  • #14
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    RUMBLETiGER's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,261

    ø Ignore RUMBLETiGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Altamont Ravenard View Post
    The Keeper (from Fiend Folio) kind of fits the bill of what you're looking for.

    AR
    Oh.... Yes it does, Thank You!
    "RUMBLETiGER is at least marginally better than Stalin!" ~ Dozen

  • #15
    Registered User
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    Hobo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Michigan S. S. R.
    Posts
    19,124
    Blog Entries
    20

    ø Ignore Hobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Empirate View Post
    Why do you even need stats for such a creature? Wouldn't the Watcher be unable to alter the flow of events, and forced to stay outside entirely? Who would attack the Watcher? Etc.
    As it happens, Red Hulk punched out The Watcher once, a few years ago. So, it could happen.

    "I realize that I am generalizing here, but, as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care." Dave Barry

  • #16
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Empirate's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,867

    ø Ignore Empirate
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    As it happens, Red Hulk punched out The Watcher once, a few years ago. So, it could happen.
    Seems Marvel's DM made the mistake of giving The Watcher official stats then!


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Similar Threads

    1. PS3: "Final Fantasy XIII", "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" or "Dragon Age: Origins"?
      By Goodsport in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Thursday, 5th August, 2010, 11:24 AM
    2. Replies: 58
      Last Post: Wednesday, 17th September, 2008, 04:00 PM
    3. Size of creature vs Number of squares or "What Is The Surface Area Of an Owl Bear?"
      By Bloodsparrow in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Sunday, 23rd October, 2005, 06:35 PM
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 29th November, 2004, 07:19 PM
    5. Spell that makes a summoned creature "permanent"
      By Altamont Ravenard in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Friday, 9th January, 2004, 09:03 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •