[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

jbear

First Post
Leather strikes back at the flying rat with a one handed chop of his axe, disappearing in a spray of blood to reappear on the other side of the winged rat, far from danger of being flanked. As the strike connects he slides his hand axe out from his belt with his free hand and flicks it into the mutant rat cloud. It impacts with a splat and boomerangs back into the warriors hand. He sheaths the axe again and beckons towards the disgusting creature. "Over here, you filthy animal!"

[sblock= Actions] Standard: Cleave; On a hit: Forgo Extra dmg w/ Deft Hurler feat and make RBA vs CR1 using Quick Draw
On a hit: Free Action: Battle Axe of Surrounding to teleport to H4
Both are marked TENT
Minor: Sheath Hand Axe

Summary: FR1 takes 8 dmg and is marked TENT
CR1 takes 4 dmg and is marked TENT
[/sblock]

[sblock= Marcus Leather]
Marcus Leather
Human Fighter (Brawler) 3
Passive Perception/Insight 12
AC:21, Fort:20, Reflex:15, Will:13, Speed:5
HP: 21/43, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:9/12
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1 (encounter): USED

Conditions: Filth Fever save required at -3

Powers
MBA: Longsword, +8 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
MBA: Battle Axe of Surrounding +1, +8 vs AC, 1d10+5 dmg
RBA: Rebounding Handaxe +1, +8 vs AC, 1d6+5
Combat Challenge
Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

Steel Serpent Strike: USED
Bull Charge: USED
Inevitable Strike: USED
Rebounding Hand Axe:
Battle Axe of Surrounding: USED
Second Wind:

Comeback Strike:
Boundless Endurance:
Dwarven Armour:

Combat notes:
Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
Seeing the strange, twisting rat thing coated with cloudS knocked to the ground, Torqua takes advantage of this moment of weakness. The super-sized Sorceress stomps the ground hard, putting all of her gigantic weight into the powerful slam and sends a magical shockwave towards the mutant beast

OOC: Using Thunder Slam against CR2.

[sblock=Statblock]Torqua - Female Human Sorceress 3
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 16, Passive Insight: 16
AC:16 Fort:17 Ref:13 Will:18
HP: 39/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +7 vs AC 1d8+4
Ranged Basic Attack: +5 vs Ref 1d10+8
Equipment: Amulet of Resolution, DragonScale Dagger +1, Magical Staff +1 , Shimmering Armour+1, Alchemist's Fire +1 (x2), Alchemist's Frost +1 (x2) Adventurer's Kit

Powers:Acid Orb, Burning Spray, Storm Walk, Thunder Slam (USED), Poisonous exhalation(USED), Sorceress Sirocco, Lightning Breath, Majestic Word[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
[sblock=Map and Mutation details, for personal reference]Map

Cloud Rat 1 (CR1) - gained One Foot in the Veil mutation (insubstantial vs all but psychic)
Cloud Rat 2 (CR2) - gained One Foot in the Veil mutation (insubstantial vs all but psychic)[/sblock]

Another flick of the wrist, and Haaku has claimed the life of another flying bat. Those nuisances disposed of, Haaku tucks his chakram away and eyes the remaining two mutated rats, flexing his clawed hand.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Quarry FR1
Standard: Twin Strike HIT FR1 AC 16, HIT FR1 AC 25 for 18 damage
Minor: Stow Chatkcha
Result: FR1 is dead[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 3
MP: 6/22 Status:
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 23/35 Bloodied: 17 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+10 (off-hand)
Equipment: Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Rain of Blows, Invigorating Stride Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex has Noctua shift up and right one square while she backs up behind and to the left of UX aiming a blast. Once in position Ilex recites the incantation that causes a spray of colors to issue forth from her staff and covering both of the twisted creatures.
[sblock=actions][
Move:
Ilex: from J8 to I10
Noctua: from I7 to J6
Standard: Color Spray (Close blast 5)
Enemies Targeted: FR1, FR2, CR1, CR2
Attack: +8 vs Will
Hit: 1d6+5 radiant damage and the target is dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn.
vs. will on CR1, FR1 (1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=10) Hit both!
radiant damage and the target is dazed until the end of Ilex's next turn. (1d6+5=7) So 9 on Flyer (Noctua’s Aura) and 3 on Cloudy *They are both dazed
[/sblock]

[sblock=status][sblock=Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 3]
Sanity Points (max 29) Current 27
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 14, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 32/32 Temp HP 4 Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 7/8
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, [ ]Second Wind
At-Will Powers:
Stone Blood,
Hypnotism,
Light,
Mage Hand

Encounter Powers:

[ ]Chameleon's Mask,
[x]Hamadryad Aspects,
[x]Glorious Presence,
[ ]Herbal Healing,
[x]Color Spray,
[x]Spidersilk Mantle

Daily Powers:

[ ]Augury,
[ ]Healing Word,
[ ]Arcane Whirlwind,
[ ]Feyswarm Staff,
[ ]Flute of the Dancing Satyr
[ ]Cloth Armor of Sudden Recovery +1
[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna - Moon Wisp Familiar - Status: Passive (x), Active ( )]
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 17, Will 19
HP 1/1
Constant Benefits: Ilex gains +2 to Arcana and Nature
At-Will Powers: Moon Wisp Radiance
Milestone Power: ( ) ]Moon Bite[/sblock]
[sblock=Noctua Ursus - Young Owlbear Companion (x)Summoned]
Ferocious Companion: Aura 1 - Allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against enemies in the aura.
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 19
AC 16, Fort 18, Reflex 14, Will 18
HP 8/16 Temp HP 4 Bloodied 8, Surge Value 4
Speed 6, Initiative +1[/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] : Hrmm... seems we have a dilemma here... the dice roller AND all of its results are gone... which means I have no way of knowing what your guys rolls were for the last round... you guys didn't happen to jot those down... did you?

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] : Hrmm... seems we have a dilemma here... the dice roller AND all of its results are gone... which means I have no way of knowing what your guys rolls were for the last round... you guys didn't happen to jot those down... did you?
OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]'s post lists the results of his rolls, helpfully. I can't remember what [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION]'s roll was- I remember she hit, and I think she dealt 15 damage? I think that was the damage roll before factoring in insubstantial, but I can't recall precisely.

jbear

First Post
OOC: I remember Thunderslam monstering a hit. They are all but defeated. Perhaps given the trouble with dice roller it would be a good point to just call the combat in our favour? Only CR's left and both were seriously hurt.

OOC: I'm definitely willing to take a tally on who is in favor of that. Only reason I'd want to continue is to see just how many more penalties I can give Leather and Haaku for the disease check :devil:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Probably best to make one more set of attacks for the rats and then call it. I'm pretty sure FR1 is dead. CR2 is prone and only adjacent to the summoned wolf, so he probably won't have much of an effect on combat. That just leaves one more attack for CR1.

All that remains are the cloudy rats after the adventurer's last brutal assault. In a final effort, Proudman's hired crew demolishes the two remaining rats in a flurry of steel, claw, and magic that leaves them in a bloody heap in the murky water. Leather, Haaku, and Torqua feel abnormally warm, given the damp and cold in the sewers, and they begin to break out in a sweat as their bodies fight off a potential infection.

[sblock=Actions]
CR1:
-- Standard: Charge vs Leather; Misses.

CR2:
-- Move: Stand up from prone.
-- Standard: Charge Bite vs Torqua hits AC 23 for 14 damage. The movement from this attack triggers an OA from PW, but the OA Misses. Torqua must now make a save vs Dire Rat Filth Fever.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Filth Fever Saving Throws]
The following must now make saving throws with the following penalties:

Haaku: -1
Leather: -3
Torqua: +0

Failure means that you have contracted level 1 filth fever.
[sblock=Filth Fever Stats]
[h=1]Level 1 DiseaseDire Rat Filth Fever[/h]
Those infected by this disease waste away as they alternately suffer chills and hot flashes.

Stage 0: The target recovers from the disease.
Stage 1: While affected by stage 1, the target loses a healing surge.
Stage 2: While affected by stage 2, the target loses a healing surge. The target also takes a -2 penalty to AC, Fortitude, and Reflex.
Stage 3: While affected by stage 3, the target loses all healing surges and cannot regain hit points. The target also takes a -2 penalty to AC, Fortitude, and Reflex.
Check: At the end of each extended rest, the target makes an Endurance check if it is at stage 1 or 2.
7 or lower: The stage of the disease increases by one.
8-11: No Change
12 or higher: The stage of the disease decreases by one. Published in Monster Vault, page(s) 298, Dungeon Magazine 182.

[/sblock]

Note: The above penalties to saving throws cary over to the Endurance skill checks. However, if you at any point are able to reduce your stage, lower the penalties by 1 point. When you reach stage 0 of the disease, you lose all penalties to endurance skill checks. [/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
Bad-guys: All dead!

Haaku: 22/35 HP Status: Filth Fever Save w/ -1 penalty
Torqua: 25/42 HP Status: Filth Fever Save w/ +0 penalty
Fhangrim: 44/44 HP Status: Normal
-- UM: 22/22 HP Status: Normal
-- Um: 22/22 HP Status: Normal
-- UX: 12 HP (ignores damage below 12) Status: Normal
Ilex: 32/32 HP Status: Normal
-- N: 8/16 HP Status: Normal
Leather: 10/43 HP Status: Bloodied. Filth Fever Save w/ -3 penalty![/sblock]

Remove ads