[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

jbear

First Post
"Good! I like to feel invited" Leather comments flatly gripping his sword. "Follow me." Leather leads the way towards the stone chamber that has opened to the north.

Goldhammer

First Post
"Good! I like to feel invited" Leather comments flatly gripping his sword. "Follow me." Leather leads the way towards the stone chamber that has opened to the north.

"Wait for me!" Torqua says, brushing back her hair with a convenient comb and entering the stone chamber.

"So how do I look?" The wide witch asks Leather, doing a spin to show herself off. "Good enough for an insane stinking rat wizard?"

"My butt doesn't look big in this dress, does it?"

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua snorts. "Well, they don't call me the Bloated Beauty for nothing!" This being a name no one calls Torqua but herself.

"Speaking of names, how did come to calling yourself 'Leather?' I thought most warriors named themselves after metals like 'Iron' or 'Steel' or something like that."

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex watches as the corpse floated by. Appalled by the total lack or regard that this was a sentient creature, she steels herself and with a whisper and a nod to Noctua the two follow behind Leather, Fhangrim and his girls, and the Broad Broad herself. Ilex noted that Haaku was busy off to the side and let him know that the group was moving. @WEContact "Hey Haaku, we're moving on."

WEContact

First Post
Haaku shakes his head, clearing it. The fever made it hard to focus. He pulls his mask down and unwraps his head, revealing a stubbly face and cropped black hair matted with sweat. Wordlessly, weapons drawn and lips pursed, Haaku follows the others into the stone chamber. He ignores the corpse.

jbear

First Post
Leather grunts. "It's what the rats named me after they tried to chew off my legs. Enough chit chat. Hustle!" Leather pushes forward with determination, alert for an ambush to be sprung at any moment.

Last edited:

Leather is the first to enter the chamber, quickly followed by the rest of the adventuring group. The pale grey stone chamber is large enough to accommodate all five adventurers, their physical and spirit companions, with room for a few others. The circular wall of the chamber is hewn completely smooth and rises to a height of roughly twenty feet. Patches of slick lichen grow in random patterns on the wall and floor of the chamber and must have adapted to the light-less environment of the sewers, for it gives off a faint greenish glow, nearly as bright as a candle. Looking up, you can see that the ceiling isn't really a ceiling. Rather, it was a large circular grate with a square access hatch (also grated) that led to the chamber above. Water slowly trickled down from above, through the grate, and it ran down the wall slowly along the patterns of lichen that criss-crossed the wall, until it finally pooled along the floor slowly.

[sblock=Perception DC 25]
Just around the edges of the square hatch at the top of the chamber, and the release door, seemingly stuck in place, you catch sight of a very thin, nearly imperceptible haze of dark mist. It reminded you a lot of how the cloud rats looked, only more subtle.

[sblock=If you have something in your pack hard/solid enough to stop the movement of the door and keep it at open at least 1 inch: Disable Device DC 15 ]
Your quick perceptions and quicker reactions allow you to see what was about to happen, and before the release door could slam shut on you, you wedge something in its way, keeping it from completely closing on you as it slams shut! From above, you see a metal chain snake its way through the handle of the square hatch and a lock snaps in place, keeping the hatch locked tight. From above, you hear the sound of rushing water![/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=If none make the Perception check (and the check within that sblock): ]
The release door that you entered suddenly slams shut, leaving you in a slightly green-glowing chamber. From above, you see a metal chain snake its way through the handle of the square hatch and a lock snaps in place, keeping the hatch locked tight. From above, you hear the sound of rushing water! [/sblock]

Remove ads