[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Goldhammer

First Post
OOC: Fail the Perception test with a 13 1d20+6=13

"Dead end..." Torqua comments taking a look around the room. "Guess we'll have to climb up to that grate if we want to find our Rat King."

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim looked around. Ursa Major began to nudge him with her snout, but Fhangrim pushed her back.

"Not now, can't you see I'm trying to take a look around the place. You have to keep your eyes open, always alert for trouble."

OOC: Perfect time to roll a 3... Perception (1d20+13=16)

OOC: Both companions have a passive perception of 25, so they probably noticed something, but also probably can't explain it that well.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather looked around unimpressed to find the room empty. Then he looked up and saw the grate. "We got to get up there somehow" he comments but does not not offer any ideas as to how they might achieve that.

The warrior was completely oblivious to any signs of impending danger. "Rope 'n hook" was the last thing he uttered before...

OOC: Leather auto fails. Perception +2.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex walks into the little room, takes a quick look around. As Haaku enters Ilex notices a very thin, nearly imperceptible haze of dark mist around the edges of the square hatch at the top of the chamber and the release door, which is seemingly stuck in place. The dark mist reminded her a lot of how the cloud rats looked, only more subtle. She quickly removes her bedroll hoping to wedge the door open, even just little. "THE DOOR!". . . . . .
[sblock=rolls]
perception (1d20+6=25)
Thievery/disable device (1d20+2=10)
hopefully Haaku sees what Ilex is trying to do and has better luck (rolls)[/sblock]

The release door that you entered suddenly slams shut, flattening and pinning Ilex's bedroll in place, leaving you in a slightly green-glowing chamber. From above, you see a metal chain snake its way through the handle of the square hatch and a lock snaps in place, keeping the hatch locked tight. From above, you hear the sound of rushing water!

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim looks at the door as it slams shut and then turns to Ursa Major with an accusing eye.

"Well... Why didn't you tell me about the door?"

Ursa Major shakes her head and buries her eyes behind a paw.

"Well, if I know anything about these things, they usually have a fail-safe. Now we just have to find it."

Fhangrim began looking around the chamber for a way to open the door.

Perception (1d20+13=18)

OOC: Apparently I can only roll low numbers with my best skill.

"Meanwhile, maybe you girls can get a bit of muscle behind that door. Maybe if it isn't closed completely we can push it open."

Ursa Minor (Assist Strength) (1d20+7=17)
Ursa Major (Strength w/assist) (1d20+7+2=13)

OOC: Pretty useless so far.

OOC: If anyone can find something I have a pretty good Thievery.

Fhangrim sees that the chamber is completely solid stone, though not completely smooth. The years of moss growth has caused slight divots in the stone in random places. At the very top of the chamber, a padlock connects a chain to itself. The sound of rushing water gets closer and closer. Then it is quickly upon the group and begins gushing into the chamber. Within the span of only five seconds, the chamber has filled four feet, causing Ursa Major and Ursa Minor to slip around, giving them little leverage to slam against or push the stone release door.

jbear

First Post
Using Ursa Major's solid back as a spring board, Leather leap ups and grabs the locked grate. Once gripped properly, he draws his mace with one hand, maintaining his iron grappling grip on the grate with the other, he begins to smash the lock with all of his power over and over again.

[sblock=Actions]
Athletics to jump up: 21
Let me know if I need to roll anything else.
[/sblock]

Remove ads