[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim swaps his amulet for Ilex's cloak and then pulls out his tools from his belt.

"OK, once I get up their you get ready to steady me. If this doesn't work right away I'm going to need some help staying up there to try again."

Activating the cloak, Fhangrim's feet and hands change slightly. The hairs on them become stiff and hooked, like the legs of a spider. With ease he scales the walls of the chamber and then hangs from the grate, letting his feet rest on the shoulders of the person directly below him. A little unsteady, he begins to work the tools into the lock.

Thievery (1d20+8+2=12)

OOC: AHHHHHHHHH! I just can't seem to roll higher than a 5 right now.

Fhangrim looks down at the rising water as his girls struggle to keep their snouts above it. He then sees the faint outline of the spirit of Maximus...

His mind begins to wander back to the Isle of Laughing Gallows. Back to the circus, back to the last big blow-out between himself and Pekin. Fhangrim had lashed out and Pekin, striking him. As revenge, the cowardly kobold had taken Ursa Maximus, the father of Ursa Minor, who had recently been retired from the circus due to age, and dragged him from his cage still bound by chains.

Ursa Maximus had been dragged to the lake where were he was put on a raft. The chains were attached to heavy weights and the raft was set alight before being pushed out to the lake. Ursa Maximus struggled to escape the spreading flames that started to burn him. With a muffled roar of pain, he managed though sheer force of will to roll over, but this only caused two of the weights to tumble off the raft, they pulled Ursa Maximus under the surface, where he drowned as Pekin watch gleefully.

Fhangrim remembered that evening when Pekin returned, announcing spitefully that he had rid himself of a financial burden. Fhangrim remembers the rage that overtook him and the revenge that soon followed.

Fhangrim felt his weight shift and it snapped him back to the present. The pile was starting to collapse as he hesitated due to his flashback. He grabbed onto the grate just in case the pile fell.

OOC: Do I need to make some check to stay on top of the pile as my spider climb wears off? Assuming I can, I'd like to try again as I can give myself a bonus next round.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Let us know if any of us have to roll anything to maintain the ladder. Also, keep in mind Torqua has a power that can have her fly, and a companion fly with her. So if the thievery becomes impossible she can fly Leather up (maybe freeze the lock) and he can begin smashing the padlock to bits.

Fhangrim skitters up the wall of the chamber, easily finding his way to the grate at the top. He balances on the shoulders of his allies and pulls out his lock-picking tools. He reaches out to the lock, a small tool in each hand. Suddenly, the chain and lock begin emanating a cloudy black aura and the lock snakes away from Fhangrim, causing him to over-reach in his attempt to place his picks in the lock. He wobbles on the humanoid ladder, threatening to topple the whole thing. Water continues gushing into the chamber, drenching the party completely as the reservoir continues to fill.

OOC: I need to know the order of the humanoid ladder (who's on bottom, who's next up, and next up, and so on, so that I can tell when you have to start holding your breath.

Reservoir level: 8 ft

Everyone in the ladder (including Fhangrim), please make a DC 16 Acrobatics check to keep your balance.

Fhangrim, over-extended in his attempt to reach the lock, slips off of his companion's shoulders and falls feet first into the 8 foot waters. He feels his feet touch bottom and his head submerge temporarily until his body's natrual buoyancy causes him to pop his head out of the water.

OOC: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]: Roll Athletics to tread water. DC 10.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Leather is at the bottom, with probably with Torqua. Then Haaku with Fhangrim ontop (not any more).

I think [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION] should have a chance to chime in before the water gets any higher. At the moment she has just been standing around not being able to do anything, same for [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION] who has magical means to perhaps do something at a distance as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases