[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Goldhammer

First Post
"Not a problem, sir. We'll have this sorted out, easy as pie." Torqua says boldly, putting on a heroic pose.

"I'll help you out." The Wide Witch says, picking up one of the little owlbears. "So where ever did you find such fascinating companions?" She asks as she squeezes her way through the bars and into the sewers.

WEContact

First Post
Haaku nods, waits for Torqua to squeeze through the grates (and watches raptly, transfixed) and then helps lower Ursa Major down to Fhangrim. He lifts the fairly large animal under her wings, and can't quite break eye contact with her. Once Fhangrim has taken the animal's weight and the owlbear's attention is diverted, Haaku lets out the breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. Something about having his face inches away from the beak and claws of a violent, carnivorous animal who had no reason to trust him, with his hands occupied, made Haaku a little bit nervous. Go figure.

Goldhammer

First Post
"One day, I'd like to have an adventure that isn't in a sewer!" Torqua cries, reaching the tunnels below. She let's the owlbear go and covers her mouth with a handkerchief, trying to block out the smell of the sewers.

She looks up, noticing that Haaku seems to be staring at her. "Is something wrong? I didn't rip my dress on the bars, did I?" Torqua asks, desperately looking around her bloated body for signs of damage. "I just had it clean from last time I was down here."

jbear

First Post
Leather manages to keep the scraps in hand while they march to their destination. When the sewer grate is opened he peers down into the dark as if expecting to see someone. He grunts with displeasure when he realises the sewer tunnel is presently empty. He leaves the scraps around the edge of the grate before climbing down where he begins to talk, seemingly to himself.

"Now don't be a brat! You must be still full after the feast I brought you yesterday. Since when do you eat every day. I had to spend the gold upgrading the gear. But I'm working again, so there'll be more. Which means more food. In the mean time I brought you some bones to chew."

Something small nearby moves in the darkness with a hiss of anger in reply followed by sharp grating words of obvious displeasure.

[sblock=Angry Tirade in Goblin]Take the middle finger and bite hard, Leather. You forget your friends, your friends forget you! I hear gold still jangle in your pocket! Bring food or no help from Bellyache [/sblock]

Leather growls back in anger to annoyed to respond in his 'companion's' tongue. "Help and you'll have your food. Now stop your whining! The creatures who have made their home in your tunnels ... where are they, what are they and how many of them? Tell us that and I'll fill your belly to bursting, Bellyache!"

There is an uncomfortable pause while the creature shrouded in shadows thinks.

The creature enveloped in shadows thinks for a few moments before replying to his supplier of food stuffs.

[sblock=In Goblin] Sometimes I hear many feet echo in side paths. Mostly they hide when they hear me coming. Careful where you go...strange...things have been happening down here. Unnatural...things... [/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"Well, let's get a move on. This sewer isn't going to smell any sweeter anytime soon. Torqua says, lighting up a sunrod. "The soon we're done here, the sooner we can be drinking ourselves silly at the Hanged Man."

Torqua takes a moment to pause. If this is anything like the last time she was down in the sewer, then the cause of all this trouble would some sort of corrupting magical force, turning household pets into monsters. She closes her eyes and focuses her mind, trying to pinpoint where any sort of magic might be in these dark tunnels.

As soon as Torqua lights up a sunrod, she really wish she hadn't. Having landed in one of the drier sections of the sewer, the large mage see chunks of fecal matter decaying and rotting in a thin pool of water only a few inches high. Trying to ignore the disgusting sensation of squishy somethings in the water, Torqua attempts to concentrate on her environment around her both physical and arcane. However, the sorceress' more sophisticated palate was not able to stand the smell of the sewers, and she was unable to pick up any instances of magic in the area.

Goldhammer

First Post
"Oh, sweet heavenly gods-" Torqua mutters as she quickly pulls out a clean cloth to cover her mouth. "I swear if I ruin my robe down here...."

"Let's get a move on shall we? I rather not be down here any longer than we have to." The massive mage says as she begins to walk down one of the tunnels, being very careful not to step in anything.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex and Noctua descend into the sewer to join there companions. Luna floats near Ilex's shoulder. Pulling a floral scented cloth from her pack, Ilex conjures a spectral, floating hand, and has it hold the cloth lightly over her nose to block the stench of sewer.

jbear

First Post
"Gah, save your warnings. That won't buy you dinner. Go on, get if that's all you have to say. Take your scraps and keep out of my hair until you have something concrete to offer like where to go."

Leather seems unaffected by their disgusting surroundings. In fact he almost seems comfortable as though it were familiar. "Any way is good in that case" Leather grumbles as he sets off down one of the tunnels. "Let's try and find some side tunnels ... that's the only clue I have."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases