[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Goldhammer

First Post
OOC: Sorry I havn't been around. Been busy moving overseas.

After being quiet for the longest time, Torqua once again takes in an impossibly long breath, blowing up like a balloon. Finally she blows out a magical gust of blue wind carrying her and one other to the top of the stone chamber. "Alright then." Torqua says once she's reached the top. "Now how do we get out of here?"

OOC: Using my power, Sorceress Sirocco to fly me and one other person our speed+2 (8 in my case) towards the top of the chamber.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: "Each target can fly during this movement but falls if he or she does not land by the end of the movement."

So we would not be able to hover at the top. If you want me to have Fhangrim try again, I can fly back up to the top of the ladder and take one more shot at picking the lock. I would be using Speak with Spirits to give myself a +4 bonus to the check.

Goldhammer

First Post
seeds of chaos

OOC: "Each target can fly during this movement but falls if he or she does not land by the end of the movement."

So we would not be able to hover at the top. If you want me to have Fhangrim try again, I can fly back up to the top of the ladder and take one more shot at picking the lock. I would be using Speak with Spirits to give myself a +4 bonus to the check.

OCC: Torqua happy to fly Fhangrim to the top of the ladder. However is it possible for her to make an althletic check to grab onto the side of the wall after she's run out of puff to stop herself from falling?

Last edited:

OOC: [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION] : Absolutely! You fly right up there, bypassing any need for an athletics check to climb (and the possibility of falling due to a failed roll), and can then hold onto the grate at the top. Fhangrim can also fly up to the top, land on Haaku's shoulders, and then continue as with the last round, so that he doesn't fall at the end of the movement.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim soars to the top of the "ladder" again, streaming water onto his companions as he soars above them. After perching on the top of Haaku's shoulders, the gnoll looks down at Ursa Maximus, a little of his usual joviality lacking.

"Well old friend, any ideas?"

The spirit responds, filling Fhangrim's head with visions of the way that awful Pekin use to pick the lock on Fhangrim's trunk and steal whatever he wanted while Fhangrim and the girls were performing.

"Why that no good so-and-so. He wasn't have any money troubles... at least not helping himself to MY money!"

Fhangrim took the picks in his hands and began to grab the slippery lock...

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Speak with Spirits
Fhangrim gains a +4 bonus to his next skill check.
Standard: Pick Locks
Thievery (1d20+8+2+4=33)[/sblock]

OOC: FINALLY!

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 4
Passive Perception 23, Passive Insight 16
AC 19, Fort 18, Reflex 15, Will 17 (18 while bloodied)
HP 44/44, Bloodied 22, Surge Value 11, Surges 10/10
Sanity: 23/29
Speed 7, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones,
Call Spirit Companion
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [][],
Ferocious Charge [],
Spirit's Fangs [],
Healing Word [][],
Healing Spirit [],
Barkskin []
Daily Powers: Summon Pack Wolf [x],
Speak with Spirits [x],
Armor of Awakening [],
Weapon of Shared Wrath []
[/sblock]

Fhangrim quickly grabs the wily lock, and black smokey aura or not, it was not able to snake away from the Gnoll's firm grasp. Quickly using his tools with precision and skill, the lock clicks in place and opens. The aura quickly fades from the lock and chain as it slips off of the grated hatch. However, the danger is not entirely over with yet, as the chamber continues to fill with water.

OOC: Reservoir level: 12 feet

Time underwater:

Torqua: 0 seconds
Fhangrim: 0 seconds
Haaku: 15 seconds
Ilex: 30 seconds
Leather: 30 seconds
Pets (other than spirit, obviously): 30 seconds

[MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION]: Roll an athletics check for Torqua to hang on and/or move horizontally along the grate. [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]: roll an athletics check to swim to the surface and tread water. (one check per character)
@ Wife of Meepo and [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION]: roll athletics checks for your pets to tread water. (one check per pet)

jbear

First Post
Leather pushes of the ground with his powerful legs and bursts into the surface gathering in a lungful of air. He treads the water fairly effortlessly, watching as Fanghrim manages to pick the lock. "Good" he comments, "Now, who has rope?"

Athletics 26

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua struggles to move across the grate. The places she can hold onto are few and slippery. Also, she no longer has the forces of arcane might holding up her big fat butt.

Althetics Check

1d20+5=12

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases