[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

WEContact

First Post
"Gah, save your warnings. That won't buy you dinner. Go on, get if that's all you have to say. Take your scraps and keep out of my hair until you have something concrete to offer like where to go."

Leather seems unaffected by their disgusting surroundings. In fact he almost seems comfortable as though it were familiar. "Any way is good in that case" Leather grumbles as he sets off down one of the tunnels. "Let's try and find some side tunnels ... that's the only clue I have."
Haaku quickens his pace, sloshing sewage to walk abreast of Leather. "Well, that was unusual." He pauses, and then, half to himself, adds, "Ah, that explains you talking to sewer this morning." Haaku's attention is not on conversation- his eyes and ears are peeled.

OOC: Passive Perception is 20, let me know if you want me to roll an active check.

Last edited:

While Leather and Haaku take off toward one of their tunnels, it seems that the warriors' instincts and sharp vision pay off. In the shadowy distance, they could see some kind of movement.

[sblock=Lightsource (or lowlight vision) + Perception 15]
A form was huddled on the side of the tunnels, sitting on the ground and clutching something in his hands.

[sblock=Perception 21]
The form is a man in the uniform of Daunton's militia. In one of his hands is a bloody dagger. Draped across his arms and piled into his other hand are the man's own intestines!

The man has a crazed look in his eyes, and you can hear him chuckling to himself softly, whispering something you could not quite comprehend about mist in the darkness.
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"Gentlemen, what's the hold up?" Torqua asks, holding her sunroad up so as to see through the murky darkness.

OOC: Passive Perception: 16

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim and his girls easily pick up the scent of blood. It is one that they were most accustomed to. Peering around the shadowy corner, the saw the crazed man. Knowing he has no way to heal the man's madness and knowing that this man was in no condition to fight or be moved, Fhangrim resigns himself to what comes naturally to his kind.

"This almost looks like your work Ilex. Still, it wouldn't do to let the poor man suffer like this. Well girls, you know what to do. Nature's cycle and all that."

With those words, the owlbears prepare to pounce on the crazed man.

OOC: This is your chance to stop Fhangrim from just killing the militiaman if anyone wants to try something.

Perception (1d20+13=27)

Goldhammer

First Post
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up!" Torqua says as she stop Fhangrim, not seeing just how far this man is gone. "Let me try talking to him first."

The sorceress takes a few steps closer to the man and kneels down in the cleanest spot she can find. "Don't worry sir, no one's going to hurt, I promise you. My name is Torqua Debu, I'm here to help you. Maybe you've heard of me?" Torqua asks. "Can you tell me your name? Or what happened here?"

Fhangrim and his ladies move to pounce, but Torqua, whose heart (it would seem) was a big as her belly, stopped the natural cycle of eat-or-be-eaten with a quick word.

The man cackles at Torqua's questions, and with the way the man's eyes were rolling into the back of his head, it was quite obvious that his mind was lost and that you wouldn't be getting much out of him, information wise.

Ilex can see that by itself, the man's single slice through the muscle wall of his stomach was not enough by itself to kill him. However, given the circumstances of where you are, it was quite likely that the wound would get infected, the man would contract some kind of disease, or both. A normal surgeon would have a difficult time sealing a wound of such magnitude and keep it clean enough that the infection would not kill him anyway... however, being a witch, Ilex knows that she is no normal surgeon, and her companions know the extent of relief that her healing magic could bring them. Ilex also realizes that while she might be able to heal him physically, she isn't sure what she might be able to do for him mentally.

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim, if we work together we may be able to put this man back together. Only time will tell if his mind will return. I'll put his innards back where they belong and hold them in place. Would you use one of your healing spells to seal him back up? Ilex carefully removes the blade from the man's hand then proceeds to thread his intestines back into his stomach. Once all the intestines are in place she folds the muscles, fat and then skin back in place and holds it together. She nods her head at Fhangrim that it is time for his magic to aid the surgery. Ilex quietly says a prayer to herself then almost inaudibly I hope this works.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases