[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Goldhammer

First Post
"Cats and Dogs eh?" Torqua wonders, remembering the last time she we sent into a sewer after a dog. It wasn't pretty. "Before you head off sir, how many were in your group and which way were you going?" She asks the Soldier.

Last edited:

Though the soldier is a bit turned around, what with all of the winding paths he took, he attempted, seriously, to orient himself so as to give Torqua as much information as he could.

"There was a full squad of us that came down here, which is 10 men. I'm pretty sure we headed into the tunnels that way and took a left, then went down a ways before we hit a bunch of split tunnels. I don't remember which paths we took from there, to be honest. Good luck to you all down there if you decide to keep going. And thanks for your help! In fact... here. Please take this."

The soldier hands Leather a bag of coins.

"That's my yearly bonus. Proudman gave it to me just before we came in here, and I didn't have time to hit the bank before we got here. I was gonna renovate my house with it...but if it weren't for all of you, my wife and daughter would be without a husband and father...so thanks! Oh, and the name's Jon Haskins, by the way. Hit me up if you ever need help with something!"

The soldier allows Leather to lead him off toward the entrance to the sewers.

[sblock=bag of coins]
If you open the bag of coins, you discover a healthy sum of 100 gold coins. [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Leather hefts the coins and looks down the tunnel where he had left Bellyache. He looks to his companions a moment before making a decision. He presses the pouch of coins back into the man's hand. "You earned that soldier. You're alive. Go see your family. Get that house fixed up."

After he has delivered the soldier back to the surface and is returning down the tunnel to his companions, a taunting snickering follows him in the shadows behind. "Shut your mouth Bellyache. Go eat a rat."

GM: @jbear: For your self sacrifice in giving the gold reward back to the soldier, please include the following in your character sheet. This will be usable within Daunton while you continue to participate in my adventures:

Good Reputation
One time per encounter when you roll a bluff, diplomacy, or streetwise check during an interaction with one of Daunton's militiamen/soldiers and you dislike the roll, reroll the bluff, diplomacy, or streetwise check with a +2 bonus.

NOTE: This bonus cannot be applied against any soldiers you meet within the sewers, as they will not have yet heard about your good deeds.

Goldhammer

First Post
"That's one found, 9 more to go. And the only way where going to find them is by heading down this tunnel." Torqua says, preparing to lead the party down the way the other soldiers had gone "With any luck, it will led us out of this sewer and to some place better smelling, like a rose garden or a bakery."

Torqua can't help but notice that Leather seems to be talking to himself. "Nervous? Don't worry, Nothing will happen while I've got your back. But just in case..." The wide witch pulls a round red jar out of her bag and hands it to the warrior. There's a label on it reading "Torqua's Fire Bomb" "You see anything dangerous, just throw this at them. Burn them up in a blink of an eye. 'Torqua's Fire Bombs' are ideal for dealing with large groups of troubling foes. Just don't drink it."

OOC: Giving one Alchemist's fire to Leather. Call it sponsorship.

jbear

First Post
GM: @jbear: For your self sacrifice in giving the gold reward back to the soldier, please include the following in your character sheet. This will be usable within Daunton while you continue to participate in my adventures:

Good Reputation
One time per encounter when you roll a bluff, diplomacy, or streetwise check during an interaction with one of Daunton's militiamen/soldiers and you dislike the roll, reroll the bluff, diplomacy, or streetwise check with a +2 bonus.

NOTE: This bonus cannot be applied against any soldiers you meet within the sewers, as they will not have yet heard about your good deeds.

[sblock=OOC]That's awesome! I love it! I can't xp you ... :( Can someone cover me please?[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
"That's one found, 9 more to go. And the only way where going to find them is by heading down this tunnel." Torqua says, preparing to lead the party down the way the other soldiers had gone "With any luck, it will led us out of this sewer and to some place better smelling, like a rose garden or a bakery."

Torqua can't help but notice that Leather seems to be talking to himself. "Nervous? Don't worry, Nothing will happen while I've got your back. But just in case..." The wide witch pulls a round red jar out of her bag and hands it to the warrior. There's a label on it reading "Torqua's Fire Bomb" "You see anything dangerous, just throw this at them. Burn them up in a blink of an eye. 'Torqua's Fire Bombs' are ideal for dealing with large groups of troubling foes. Just don't drink it."

OOC: Giving one Alchemist's fire to Leather. Call it sponsorship.
Leather looks clearly confused at Torqua's offer of a fire bomb. "Err... no. I mean, no I wasn't talking to myself, thank you. I mean thank you for the ... the ... err ... the fire bomb. That's not really how I ... umm... I wasn't talking to myself ... I have a friend who ... Thank you." Is the muscled warrior tongue tied? Those who have spent a little time with him know he is certainly acting rather strangely all of a sudden. Is the round witch making him nervous perhaps?

Peels of raucous laughter can be heard from the darkness of the tunnel from where the adventurers have just come. Under the bright light of the sun rod Leather's dark face looks positively tinged red. He shoves the alchemist fire into his belt before stomping off down the tunnel the sorceress had lead them to muttering to himself under his breath.
"I'm going to make you eat that laughter when I'm finished here Bellyache..."

[sblock=OOC]@Goldhammer Thanks! I doubt Leather will actually use it (He's more likely to rush forward and make sure a mob hit him instead of Torqua) but he's taken it as he's not really used to people being nice to him for no reason, and you've left him flustered. I'll give it back if you run out in character or at the end of the adventure in character :) [/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"Oh think nothing of it, sir." Torqua says, patting Leather on the back. "Just remember that when your friends want Alchemist's Fire, tell them to ask for 'Torqua's Fire Bombs' by name."

"Poor fool has clearly fallen in love with me. I might be to use him to able to sell my brand." Torqua thinks. "And really who can blame him? Even Lord Losadar was mad about me."

"I wonder why he never writes..."

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Well my dears," the gnoll says to his owlbears, "it appears lunch will have to wait."

Fhangrim waits for the others to lead the soldier out while they patrol the area, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Perception* (1d20+13=22)

*Owlbears have Fhangrim's Perception modifier +2.

After Leather sent the soldier on its way to the surface level of Daunton, the group began to hear a strange cacophony of animal sounds coming from somewhere down the tunnels. You hear everything from yowling cats, growling and barking dogs, braying donkeys, laughing hyenas, a quacking duck...and a mooing cow?

OOC: Everyone make one of the skill checks below (but not both)

[sblock=Perception DC 20 ]
Within the random flotsam and jetsam floating about in the muck at your feet that at one time might have been considered a form of water, you spot a trail of animal feces that leads down this corridor and seems to continue on past where you cannot see, heading left at the t-junction in front of you.
[sblock=Nature DC 15]
You're certain that the feces comes from a group of dire rats.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dungeoneering DC 16]
While the multitudinous number of differing animal sounds is certainly odd, it doesn't prevent you from using your knowledge of underground areas to figure out how the sound is bouncing around in the chamber your in, and quickly, you ascertain that the sound is coming from down the hall, and left at the t-junction ahead of you.
[sblock=Nature DC 15]
Now just wait a cotton-picking minute! Duck quack's don't echo....
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases