[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua scares as she seems to try and pull some sort of invisible attacker off her neck. She stops when she notices she's returned to the real world. She stays quiet for a while as she patss her left hand before finally speaking up.

"Maybe we should pause for a moment, to regain our bearings."

jbear

First Post
Leather turns around and sees that the others in the group don't look too good either, well with Fanghrim it was hard to tell. Leather grunts in response. "Something nasty down here playing with my mind. I'd like to kill it as soon as possible. I don't like noone playing in there. But if you need a rest ..."

Leather looks annoyed that the large woman needs to catch her breath already.

OOC: Short rest to recover from Madness attack?

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex wakes from her own personal nightmare finally able to scream. No longer immobilized, Ilex drops and rolls as if trying to put out flames. Once she realizes where she is and that she is not burning, she quickly stands up and tries in vain to clean the nasty muck off her armor and clothes. Looking around she see that her comrades are not tree reduced to ash but by the looks on their faces see that they too may have just woken from their own personal nightmare. I agree with Leather, who or whatever is playing with our minds need to die. And FAST! Torqua do you have a way to clean me up so I don't fall ill from this muck?

Goldhammer

First Post
I don't like noone playing in there. But if you need a rest ..."

Leather looks annoyed that the large woman needs to catch her breath already.

Me? Rest? No I don't need a rest. I just wanted to make sure no one else needed a rest. No shame in admiting you do.

Torqua do you have a way to clean me up so I don't fall ill from this muck?

Well, I was working on a water cleaning potion, but then I found out a way to make a bomb that freezes people. It just seem to have so much more zing!
Torqua explains. After a brief, awkward pause, the massive mage pulls some spare clothes. Here, you can wear these if you want. I'll get work on that clean water solution once we get out of here. She says, handing Ilex clean clothes wide enough for 4 people to wear at the same time. Just hold them up with a belt if they're a tad large

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex holds up the . . . Er . . .Tent . . . that Torqua attempts to hand to her. Thank you for your offer. Ilex grabs a sash and does her best to clean the muck off her face and bare skin. Short of going naked there wasn't much she could do But this will have to do I guess. I will buy you material for a new sash when we get back topside.

GM: *Wipes laugh tears from his eyes* oh..oh gods... you guys are so getting a role-playing bonus to XP when we're done here... *keeps laughing*

After the Mountainous Magical Maiden's offer is taken up by the Hamadryad, the group sloshes through the long tunnel before them until it intercepts a T junction. Thanks to Fhangrim's keen eyes (and that of his hungry ladies), they know that the trail of feces leads them to the left. The adventurers stalk the winding an often confusing tunnel, listening and watching for more clues to the whereabouts of the Lieutenant's men. It's not more than about twenty minutes before they once again hear the sounds of many different animals, and the panicked shouts of men's voices coming from deep down one of the tunnel paths you see before you! You hear the clang of steel on cement and the splashing sounds of frantic movement within the sewer's waters.

[sblock=All characters: Insight or History DC 13]
There is a battle occurring right now, but it's pretty far away and you will need to run (and run hard) if you are to make it there before it's over![/sblock]

OOC: Once anyone has succeeded above: All characters should roll Athletics or Endurance DC 16

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim looks at the group wondering what in the world could be wrong with them, imagining things that he'd never seen before. Back home, such displays of lunacy either meant you were truly dangerous or next week's meal... The gnoll began eying each one of them in turn, playing a mental game of "Threat or Food".

Insight (1d20+6=24)

"Do you hear that girls? Sounds like lunch to you? Let's go!"

However, Fhangrim wasn't accustomed to running through this muck and though the tunnels were plenty wide, with his height, he often had to stop and duck making the exercise even more tiring.

Endurance (1d20+4=10)

"Maybe it's not worth it girls, what do you say?"

WEContact

First Post
OOC: 20 minutes of walking constitutes a short rest, so anyone should be able to spend a surge to subtract 1d4+2/level madness points.

Haaku flinches backwards, but his hallucination is over before his terror can mount. He pants, wide-eyed, and when he sees Leather's dull rage he realizes that they've experienced a concerted attack on their minds, from an unseen enemy. Haaku bristles, on edge. It takes a close eye to see the signs of fear on him, but it doesn't take much effort to sense it radiating from him. It's the fear of a cornered animal, and it feels dangerous.

He jerks his head up at the sounds of battle, but doesn't immediately register them as such. Still, he knows that there's a good reason Fhangrim has set off in their direction, so he darts down the tunnel after him, swiftly overtaking the gnoll and his little family.

jbear

First Post
Leather makes an almost physical effort to scourge the nightmare from his mind as they walk through the tunnels in agitated silence.

OOC: I'm going to take that Short Rest and spend a surge for -1d4+6 madness points

Leather growls "Hey, where in the Hells are you lot off to?" as Fanghrim and his bears rush past him, bumping him to one side. "Oh no, another looney losing his mind!"

When Haaku runs past him he growls "Oh come on!". But a race is a race and Leather is not one to be left behind. He races of behind the warrior, eventually over taking Fanghrim and barking "Why are we running!" He doesn't wait for an answer, though he is listening, Haaku is getting away!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases