[Adventure] The Seeds of Chaos - Judge Needed

WEContact

First Post
Haaku is confused. He had heard the sounds of battle, and hoped to save some of Daunton's men, but... nothing here but a swarm of malformed rodents, fleeing. He looks at Leather. "The sounds are fading. I think it may have been some kind of illusion? I've heard reports of Einherjar raids before, but never anything like this... usually just brutal violence, of the sort we faced at the docks. Perhaps this has something to do with the source of their madness, back in Valhyr..." Haaku looks unsettled. "Let's get this over with."

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex snaps out of her tormented nightmare clutching to Torqua and regains her footing just as the rats scurry by. However, Ilex is preoccupied with looking for her two companions. Her sense of panic abates as she finds Noctua and Luna unharmed.

[sblock=rolls]perception (rats scurrying) (1d20+6=8)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
"Those horrid rat freaks. They were created by some dark source. No doubt the same one that's currently messing with our heads." Torqua explains, bitterly remembering the last time she was in the sewers. "If we go to where ever they were coming from, we'll find whatever's behind all this."

"Then it's just a case of slaying the monster and we'll be out of here before tea time."

jbear

First Post
"Sounds easy. Let's go."

The dark muscled brawler heads back down the tunnel towards where they heard the battle.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Let's get moving. If this thing gets loose on the town . . . . Ilex leaves her statement hanging. She needs a bath. NO, Several baths and she won't get one if they don't get out. She sets her shoulders and thinks of a happy though. OK so it's not really a "Happy :D" thought as she doesn't want to give the though raper any edges over her. Her happy thought is of a phantom creature shriveling and melting away, shrieking as it goes that we, a group of meddlesome kids and their "dogs" ruined everything.

OOC: HAH! [MENTION=6687049]Wife Of Meepo[/MENTION] : Nice Scooby Doo reference! I guess that means that Fhangrim is Shaggy, Ilex is Daphne, Torqua is Velma, and in a weird chemical accident, Fred was split into Leather and Haaku, and Scooby was cloned multiple times ;)

Silly comments aside, I will be trying to post an update today, but will post it tomorrow morning at the latest.

Following the altered rat's trail back to where they entered your tunnel, you can see a hole in the wall of the tunnel about twice as large as your standard sewer rat (about a foot in diameter) near the base of the tunnel wall. There are several cracks and chips in the wall radiating outward from the hole near its base.

[sblock=Dungeoneering 13/Perception 16]
It is obvious that the wall has been weakened. The sounds of the battle were coming from behind this wall. Given the walls current condition, if no serious repair work were done to it, it would come down on its own in the next couple of months. A slight nudge might give you access to the next area, but you're not sure if it would cause issues with other parts of the wall.

[sblock=Dungeoneering 19/Perception 21]
Based on the length of the cracks in the wall, you're reasonably sure that the ceiling would not come down on you if you take down this section of the wall, as you can see support structures in place within a few feet of the hole in the wall. [/sblock] [/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Perception (1d20+13=21)

Fhangrim examines the wall, running a hand lightly over the cracks.

"Well girls, looks like this is the way we want to go."

"No, no worries. it's completely safe. This wall isn't bearing any of the load."

With a nudge, the gnoll urges his girls to push completely through.

WEContact

First Post
Haaku watches the bears squeeze through a twelve-inch hole, impressed. "I guess they're mostly feathers. Stand clear, I'm going to try to kick it in, to widen the gap." Haaku rears back and rolls a strength check.

OOC: Add five to my check if it's an Athletics check rather than a Strength check. My computer died mid-post yesterday. :/

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases