[OOC] The Seeds of Chaos

WEContact

First Post
I haven't delved too deeply into what kinds of spirit companions a shaman can have (since I've never played one), though.
They can have anything as their spirit companion. I played a shaman once whose spirit companion was a terrifying, amorphous aspect of the archetypical Primal Beast. I played with an Elementalist shaman once whose spirit companion was a scorching wind that would form fleeting little dust devils on the rare occasion that it was on the board between turns. (Elementalist shamans can summon their spirit at the beginning of their turn without spending an action, and have a lot of powers that, as an effect, dismiss the spirit.)

Son of Meepo

First Post
My spirit companion is basically a primal presence of an owlbear that Fhangrim once trained until it died years ago. I didn't even choose the bear shaman companion power because I liked the damage of the panther shaman power better.

WEContact

First Post
By the way, SoM, if you think Haaku should do something other than running right up to ST and unloading four to six attacks speak now or forever hold your peace.

Goldhammer

First Post
Now that the Monsters have gone, do we have to post in Init order or can we post in any order, with the monsters having their turn after we've all gone?

Also, is there friendly fire in 4ed?

@Goldhammer : in the Malenkirk battle system, all PCs go on the "same" initiative. We only roll init to see if there is a split in initiatives (like there was with Haaku going before the monsters). Else, you go whenever it is that you post, in the block of PC turns.

Speaking of which... @WEContact : Please don't post your turn with the stipulation that you are delaying until after another character. I find that posting your completed turn, showing its completed results influences the character(s) who have yet to go, and it allows someone to set up situations with a predetermined outcome (since they already know what is going to happen on your turn). Whenever you post your actions should be when they happen. That way we don't have to deal with "cheating"/action influence, and it also means I won't have to remember at a later time (whenever it is that Fhangrim takes his turn) to go back and THEN apply your previous post. Not a major issue, but something I'd like to make sure doesn't happen.

Back to [MENTION=85946]Goldhammer[/MENTION]'s questions:

Friendly fire? YEP! If you have an area attack that says it targets "All enemies in the blast/burst", then your friends in the area are safe. If the area attack says it targets "All creatures in the blast/burst", then that's where you've got friendly fire. Same goes for ranged/melee attacks that target creatures as opposed to enemies, but those are less of an issues, since you have to specifically target a friendly for that to cause harm.

I'm guessing you're asking due to the nice AOE setup the monsters have left you with Haaku in the middle... something I think WEContact is getting familar with in my games (since he does tend to rush out in the middle of my packs of monsters....). Ask Ignatz what happens when a PC decides to blast foe and friend alike...

This is why they have feats like War Wizard Expertise, which gives you a -5 penalty to attack friendlies in area/burst/blast attacks.

WEContact

First Post
Speaking of which... @WEContact : Please don't post your turn with the stipulation that you are delaying until after another character. I find that posting your completed turn, showing its completed results influences the character(s) who have yet to go, and it allows someone to set up situations with a predetermined outcome (since they already know what is going to happen on your turn). Whenever you post your actions should be when they happen. That way we don't have to deal with "cheating"/action influence, and it also means I won't have to remember at a later time (whenever it is that Fhangrim takes his turn) to go back and THEN apply your previous post. Not a major issue, but something I'd like to make sure doesn't happen.
No problem, boss!

Son of Meepo

First Post
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] - I misread Haaku's statblock. I thought his madness points were his hit points. Mind if I change Healing Word for Healing Spirit? (Haaku would only heal his surge value and Ursa Minor would heal the other 6.)

WEContact

First Post
MR has 9 hp left and has the most disruptive special ability of the bunch. Just sayin, in case any casters were wondering what they should shoot at.

Though if I had delayed after Fhangrim MR would be dead already. Oh well.

Son of Meepo

First Post
With Leather moving to the other flank we haven't left the area blasters with many options. Any blast 3 (or burst 1) has to target Leather, Haaku, or the summoned wolf (or only target the 2 fliers in back).

Personally I'd rather the summoned wolf didn't get targeted. It would mean not only would one of my daily powers go away, but Fhangrim would lose a healing surge.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases