1st Edition Premium Unearthed Arcana Reprint

JeffB

Legend
Online, maybe. I never met anyone in real life back in the day who received it poorly. I, for one, was hoping UA would be reprinted.

I was referring to my actual experiences. I do not take into account ENworld or other internet nerd rage. If that was the case I would never have played any version of the game for longer than one session as they all clearly suck in every way imaginable.

Treebore

First Post
Online, maybe. I never met anyone in real life back in the day who received it poorly. I, for one, was hoping UA would be reprinted.

Agreed. I for one love UA. Yes, there are things in it I do not use, or use after some house ruling, but I do use a lot of UA and always have. I also already have this pre ordered on Amazon.

Gundark

Explorer
This would suggest that the reprints have sold well. The 1st ed books flew off the shelves where I live. The 3.5 ones are still there, but some have sold. Granted that LGS has a big Pathfinder following.

Emerikol

Adventurer
I believe the fact they are expanding the reprints is an indication that sales are going well. Keep in mind folks there was little to no new R&D on this stuff so it's easy money. It doesn't have to sell as well as a normal book to be highly profitable.

sgt-d

Banned
Banned
I have a hunch that we will be seeing many more reprints over the next two years, while D&D Next is finished up. I'm glad that UA is being done, as it became essential in running 1E. However, I'm a bit down that there has been no announcement of a reprint of the core 2E rulebooks from 1989. Hopefully this announcement is coming soon.

Treebore

First Post
I have a hunch that we will be seeing many more reprints over the next two years, while D&D Next is finished up. I'm glad that UA is being done, as it became essential in running 1E. However, I'm a bit down that there has been no announcement of a reprint of the core 2E rulebooks from 1989. Hopefully this announcement is coming soon.

Unless WOTC has data that says there is not interest, they will. I'll definitely buy new PH's, mine look ratty from 10 solid years of playing. Combine that with a hope to play it again, yeah, I'd buy. Wouldn't mind a new MM HC either. It is still my favorite.

howandwhy99

Adventurer
There aren't many hardcover books of 1e that are really viable as reprints for their content after UA, which is dubious in a number of areas IMHO.

I still have my fingers crossed for compilations of the adventure modules, which could end up being many, many more hardcovers. What would you pay for a hardcover reprint of GDQ?

Remove ads