AD&D 1st Edition 1st Edition Premium Unearthed Arcana Reprint - Page 2

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploderWizard View Post
    I wonder if they are going to work extra hard making sure the binding is every bit as craptastic as the original to give it that "authentic" feel.
    My thought is that they'll be able to actually move this product at $50 list if it's a version that finally won't fall apart.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ignore JeffB
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelHardisson View Post
    Online, maybe. I never met anyone in real life back in the day who received it poorly. I, for one, was hoping UA would be reprinted.
    I was referring to my actual experiences. I do not take into account ENworld or other internet nerd rage. If that was the case I would never have played any version of the game for longer than one session as they all clearly suck in every way imaginable.

Eternal Optimist SILVER DEFENDER
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Blog Entries
    D&D Doctor Who I Defended The Walls!

Ignore MerricB
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rasputin View Post
    2. If this is real, does it include the errata from Dragon #103 (IIRC)? For $50, it would be an insult to not include it.
    It was an insult that TSR didn't include it in their reprints.

If Wizards don't include the errata, it's understandable.
    Merric Blackman
    Merric's Blog - a blog about gaming | Now on Twitter! | Running 4E Combats Quickly
    Reviews of classic D&D adventures
    Merric's Law of Miniatures: Non-Random Packaging, Cheap Prices, and a Large Range of Figures: Choose two.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore Treebore
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelHardisson View Post
    Online, maybe. I never met anyone in real life back in the day who received it poorly. I, for one, was hoping UA would be reprinted.

Agreed. I for one love UA. Yes, there are things in it I do not use, or use after some house ruling, but I do use a lot of UA and always have. I also already have this pre ordered on Amazon.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. NEVER hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you, IF it goes against the obvious intent of the game. As you hew the line with respect to conformity to major systems and uniformity of play in general, also be certain the game is mastered by you and not by your players. Within the broad parameters give in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Volumes, YOU are creator and final arbiter. By ordering things as they should be, the game as a WHOLE first, your CAMPAIGN next, and your participants thereafter, you will be playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as it was meant to be. May you find as much pleasure in so doing as the rest of us do.

-1E DMG, page 230

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore Gundark
    This would suggest that the reprints have sold well. The 1st ed books flew off the shelves where I live. The 3.5 ones are still there, but some have sold. Granted that LGS has a big Pathfinder following.
    Follow me on Twitter @darryl4nderson.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore ArmoredSaint
    This book is worth it for the addition of Field and Full Plate Armor alone!

I believe the fact they are expanding the reprints is an indication that sales are going well. Keep in mind folks there was little to no new R&D on this stuff so it's easy money. It doesn't have to sell as well as a normal book to be highly profitable.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore sgt-d
    I have a hunch that we will be seeing many more reprints over the next two years, while D&D Next is finished up. I'm glad that UA is being done, as it became essential in running 1E. However, I'm a bit down that there has been no announcement of a reprint of the core 2E rulebooks from 1989. Hopefully this announcement is coming soon.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore Treebore
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt-d View Post
    I have a hunch that we will be seeing many more reprints over the next two years, while D&D Next is finished up. I'm glad that UA is being done, as it became essential in running 1E. However, I'm a bit down that there has been no announcement of a reprint of the core 2E rulebooks from 1989. Hopefully this announcement is coming soon.
    Unless WOTC has data that says there is not interest, they will. I'll definitely buy new PH's, mine look ratty from 10 solid years of playing. Combine that with a hope to play it again, yeah, I'd buy. Wouldn't mind a new MM HC either. It is still my favorite.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. NEVER hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you, IF it goes against the obvious intent of the game. As you hew the line with respect to conformity to major systems and uniformity of play in general, also be certain the game is mastered by you and not by your players. Within the broad parameters give in the Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Volumes, YOU are creator and final arbiter. By ordering things as they should be, the game as a WHOLE first, your CAMPAIGN next, and your participants thereafter, you will be playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons as it was meant to be. May you find as much pleasure in so doing as the rest of us do.

-1E DMG, page 230

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Blog Entries

Ignore howandwhy99
    There aren't many hardcover books of 1e that are really viable as reprints for their content after UA, which is dubious in a number of areas IMHO.

I still have my fingers crossed for compilations of the adventure modules, which could end up being many, many more hardcovers. What would you pay for a hardcover reprint of GDQ?
    Amateur Enigmatographer

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast