[LPF] Darkness Rising




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 506
  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan

    [LPF] Darkness Rising

    Welcome to Darkness Rising. Finally getting a chance to run this although it has been tweaked heavily from it's original concept I have no doubt it will be fun and rewarding.

    GM: HolyMan
    Judge: Satin Knights
    Game Start Date: Sept 20th 2012
    Game End Date: ??
    Game Days: ??

    GROUP:

    Agno Phoenicus played by GlassEye
    Tonris the Vengeful played by DalkonCledwin
    Larissa Kondred played by mfloyd3
    Tyrien e'Adrianne played by perrinmiller

    EXPERIENCE TRACKER:

    Agno - started at LvL 5 and 10,111xp
    Tonris - started at LvL 5 and 11,516xp
    Larissa - started at LvL 5 and 12,088xp
    Tyrien - started at LvL 6 and 19,832xp

    Encounters

    Drake Diversion CR 4; 1,200xp (300xp each)

    Loot

    none yet

    .
    Last edited by HolyMan; Thursday, 29th November, 2012 at 10:46 PM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    Following the young nobleman Georgio out of the Dunn Wright the three new companions board his gala and set off towards a new adventure.

    As a halfling trio man the boat everyone enjoys the sight of Venza as the sun starts to set. The light of the blazing sky reflects of the canal waters turning them as golden as the sky. The sky first turns dark blue, than a deep purple before finally twilight sets in.

    Lanterns are lit fore and aft and soon the boat makes it's way slowly in the growing light of the streets and bridges.

    An little over an hour later the group disembarks and makes their way to the gates of the Caprelli estate. A huge square building sitting on one of the few hills in Venza is one of the oldest buildings in the city. Originally belonging to a rival family the Caprelli's have been living in it for over a century. From it they manage a small but lucrative merchant fleet.

    As everyone enters and is escorted to the formal dining room they encounter little in the way of furnishings or decor. The modest dining area does house an impressive table and sitting alone is an old man in the robes of a priest of Helerion.



    "Ah you've returned," the old man says with a grin that wrinkles his entire face. "And you have brought them. Good. Good."

    Trying to sit up the old man looks each of you in the eye and then nods. "Greetings noble warriors. I am Amastus Reinos. And I... we are in need of your help. Please sit, sit."

    He gestures towards some chairs and then asks Georgio to get a servant to bring in a few glasses of wine. "Your names if you please."

    OOC: And a stat block - but don't worry about changing spells yet until you get the full story and know what is ahead. As a heads up the group won't be leaving till the morning.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #3
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    Ignore mfloyd3
    "Hello to you, Master Reinos," offers the woman. "I am Larissa Kondred, a Sister in service to Lady Kamara. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."




    Larissa stat block

    Larissa
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 21 (21 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
    HP: 53 Current: 53
    CMB: +7 CMD: 17
    Fort: +9 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
    PER Roll: +2
    Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

    Weapons:
    +1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
    Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
    Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
    Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
    Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

    Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
    Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
    Special: successful strike fouls a shield

    Spells prepared:
    0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1)
    * Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength
    * Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength
    * Light * Detect Evil * Grace
    * Guidance * Divine Favor * D: Bless Weapon
    * D: Shield of Faith

    Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,
    DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
    Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)


    Weapons:
    +1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
    Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
    Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
    Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
    Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

    Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
    Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
    Special: successful strike fouls a shield


  • #4
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,005

    Ignore GlassEye
    "Oh, no! I'm no noble warrior. Just a, hurrr... common-born priest of the Whisperer. I shall do what I can to help you."

    Agno bows clumsily as he is seating himself in one of the chairs.

    "I am Agno Phoenicus." He glances over at Larissa. "A pleasure to meet your, hurrr... acquaintance."


    Agno Phoenicus

    Mini Stats
    Agno Phoenicus
    Initiative: +3
    AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 36 Current: 36
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
    Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
    Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
    Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
    Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

    Cleric Spells:
    Spells Prepared:
    1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
    0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

    Druid Spells:
    Spells Prepared:
    2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
    1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
    0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance

  • #5
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    Tonris glances around at the room as sparsely decorated as it is, he can't help but feel a sense of majesty about the place. He then notices the old man sitting at the table and then cringes slightly as the man wrinkles his face in a smile. Still he has to admit, at least the old codger is trying to be welcoming. Tonris allows himself to sit when directed to, but does not accept the drink that is offered, instead preferring to keep his mind as sharp as possible in case such a sharp mind is needed.

    He says "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I am Tonris of Illi Esse. I hear we have been asked here to help with a matter of grave importance?"

    Tonris, Mini Stats
    Initiative: +9
    Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
    Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
    Mage Armor Class: 16 (Flat-Footed: 15 // Touch: 12)
    Hit Points: 36 Current // 36 Total
    BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
    Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
    Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
    Concentration Check: 1d20 +9 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
    Caster Level Check: 1d20 +5

    Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 || Damage: 1d6+1 / 1d6+1 || Critical: 20/x2 || Double Weapon || Masterwork)
    Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 || Damage: 1d3+2 || Critical: 20/x2 || 10 foot reach)
    Wands: Wand of Mage Armor (40 Charges remaining)

    Class Abilities & Spells
    Hexes:
    Evil Eye:
    can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
    Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, it allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day). Further it allows Tonris to fly as per the spell, for a number of minutes per day equal to his level. These minutes must be spent in 1 minute increments..
    Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

    Prepared Spells
    Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
    First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
    Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy, Enthrall

    Rex, Mini Stats

    Dinosaur, Compsognathus

    Neutral, Tiny Animal

    Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
    AC: 18, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Nat, +2 Size)
    Mage Armor AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +4 Mage Armor, +2 Size)
    HP: 18 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 5d8+2)
    Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
    Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
    Melee: – Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison, 5 foot reach)
    Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
    Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 5
    Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
    Feats: Improved Initiative
    Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
    Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
    Eidolon Evolutions: Reach (Bite) (1)
    Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells, Speak with Master
    Last edited by DalkonCledwin; Saturday, 22nd September, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #6
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ignore HolyMan
    *cough* *cough*

    The older man coughs into his fist for a moment before replying to Tonris. "Yes very grave I fear that dark forces are..."

    "Excuse this interruption, Master Renios," a thin servant says bowing as he enters the room. "I was to bring you any others that might be of help to your cause."

    As he speaks a young female half-elf enters the room. Her jet black hair is a little on the wild side and hung in a long ponytail. Wearing a breastplate that acts almost like a mirror it almost draws the eye away from the bow and great sword on here back.

    "This is Tyrien e'Adrianne, an archer for hire."

    OOC

    perrinmiller I think it best not to waste time playing out Tyrien's acceptance of this adventure. For background - she was approached by a servant from Gergoi's father (who had sent out a few to look for help). She was told that dark folk assaulted a place of peace and study and killed nearly everyone in it.

    Any question she tries to ask would like be answered with a - "I'm sorry but you will have to ask Master Renios that." (hence my not wishing to play out her recruitment) She hasn't agreed to anything as of yet - No one has really - just showing a willingness to help.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #7
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,066
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress



    Tyrien had been shopping around among the various shops, happy with getting some better equipment and a second longbow. The mithral breast plate was a work of art, though the lecherous dwarf selling it was trying to convince her it would be even more attractive with a pair of gem stones for the nipples.

    Being flat chested, the armor doesn't have the need for womanly modifications or adornments. She gave the runt with a bushy beard a scowl and threatened to skewer his arse with a few arrows if he didn't stop.

    It was about then the footman for some noble family, Caprelli, chanced upon her. It was quite obvious Tyrien was an experienced adventurer, despite her colorful language in berating the dwarven armorer.

    After some chitchatting, mostly the half-elven girl asking way too many questions for the servant to possibly answer, he finally just told her to wait and assured her gold was in the offering. Having recently returned from abroad a week ago, she had been planning to visit that Adventurer's Guild Inn again to see if there were people that needed an archer to accompany them or not. The footman's timing was good enough.

    The journey to the estate was mostly a one-sided conversation, Tyrien continually commenting and the servant nodding and shrugging to be polite, never really answering one way or another.

    So it is a frustrated half-elven girl that is ushered into the dining room and bade to sit down. Removing her haversack and weapons, hanging the latter on the back of the chair, she comments, "So is someone going to finally tell me what's going on. Mister stuffy, refused to really tell me. Though, he is a decent listener. But, if I were shoe shopping, he would only be good for holding the new purchases. He has no opinion about anything."

    "Oh, wine. Don't mind if I do. Thanks."

    "So I what's going on, and why do you need an archer? Hello, that is a nice sword. Ooo, like the armor, great trimming. Lucky you did not get the bonus gemstones."
    The talkative girl addresses Larissa.

    Then she looks at the tengu, "I never met a beaky fellow before. You don't eat... Ahh, that might be rude, nevermind." She looks at the other adventurer seated and decides maybe she should let her curiosity about tengus wait for when she knows him better.

    The man's striking bluish black hair is attention grabbing and she blurts, "Sorry, I don't have a brush. I..."

    "Oh."


    The old man's coughing fit interrupts her stream of consciousness and Tyrien shuts her trap, a bit sheepish in her expression.

    OOC: No prob, HM.
    Mini Stats
    Tyrien e'Adrianne
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
    AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
    HP: 48 Current: 48
    CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
    +2 Will vs. Enchantments
    Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
    Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
    Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

    Bardic Performance:
    5/5 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
    1st Level 1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #8
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    Tonris grins slightly as he causes his hair to elongate and grow into as unkempt an appearance as the one that Tyrien herself is sporting, he says "Who needs a brush when you can groom your hair as easily as I can." and instantly his hair reverts back to it's original manicured state. He then turns to the old man and says "But yes, please do tell us what we can do to help?"
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #9
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    Ignore mfloyd3
    Larissa smiles warmly at the compliment, hiding her confusion about "bonus gemstones," but the girl moves on too quickly for her to reply. She seems about to try to steer the conversation back to business, when abruptly that is where it turns without her intervention. So she simply sits back and waits for the gentleman to explain his plans.

  • #10
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,005

    Ignore GlassEye
    Agno's golden eyes grow round and large as saucers at the new arrival and her stream of consciousness chatter. The black hawk perched on his pack ruffles its feathers and shakes its head as if physically battered by her words.

    "An archer?! Very good. And I do eat. Not like a bird; they..."

    Agno trails off as the woman has moved on to other topics and Tonris' hair shows a tendency to grow and move about in an alarming fashion. He blinks rapidly and turns back to the old man but steal glances at the new woman in their midst.


    Agno Phoenicus

    Mini Stats
    Agno Phoenicus
    Initiative: +3
    AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 36 Current: 36
    CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
    Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
    Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
    Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
    Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

    Cleric Spells:
    Spells Prepared:
    1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
    0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

    Druid Spells:
    Spells Prepared:
    2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
    1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
    0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Darkness/Deeper Darkness & Ghosts?
      By Wolffenjugend in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th April, 2004, 04:42 AM
    2. New Spells: Ray of Darkness, Screaming Darkness
      By Merlion in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Friday, 12th March, 2004, 03:37 PM
    3. [PRG] "Refugees" & "Darkness Rising" Covers Revealed
      By Black Knight in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Tuesday, 9th September, 2003, 08:35 PM
    4. [PbP] The Rising of a God
      By Sullaf in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 103
      Last Post: Friday, 13th June, 2003, 07:55 PM
    5. Darkness, Deeper Darkness -- No Not-So-Darkness?
      By mmadsen in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2002, 04:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •