[LPF] Darkness Rising

mfloyd3

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] The question of whether we need a roll or not is for the GM/judge to work out, but I have no problem taking this out of communal treasure. Better a living pauper than a wealthy corpse![/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=OOC]With two players going to Venza, we have two chances at success if we roll.

Now, I think you can decide treasure on the fly, HM. You can have that latitude without Judge approval as long as the final numbers on treasure work out.

So either way you decide, I am backing you up (as a Judge, just not your Judge) that it is your choice to make. Since I know SK is adjusting his treasure on the fly in his game as well, I don't see any disagreement from him. If GE makes it unanimous, there you go.

As for bookkeeping, I would just record an IOU to Tonris and the wand in the treasure tracking and it will be sorted out in the end. I think that's what you were thinking of anyway, HM.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I agree with the others. It is your prerogative as GM to decide whether the item is available with a roll or without.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Great - Then let's get this wand bought and the group back together to get this little adventure back on track.

DC - Please update your Equipment list for Tonris on the wiki and let me know when you have it done. A daylight wand (and let's say up to three scrolls of daylight also, if you want to go looking for those for backup) is available and you'll purchase it for your character. Everyone else will chip in to it's cost at the end of the adventure.

Note: Need to keep track of who has it (and any scrolls after I get everyone back together).[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
After Father Renios shows Tonris and Tyrien the roads the group must travel, they leave the others to go looking for items to assist everyone on their new quest.

First day:

The group travels from Venza south and east. The road so near to the city is in good repair and well traveled. Besides patrols and the occasional merchant van, the group sees all sorts of travelers.

Straw hatted farmers leading carts pulled by oxen, move along with armed mercenaries and adventurers. Other small groups, some robed like pilgrims, some wearing silk finery and riding mounts share the road with a smile, a wave, or a nod depending on the group.

Everyone is in good spirits on this cloudy day. Although the sun is not about the white clouds hold no chance of rain. Just in their fluffiness they manage to keep the sun from shining.

Master Renios sets a ground eating pace but not one that is overtaxing. Indeed after the noon hour he starts to slow himself as if his old bones are finally realizing the zeal of starting out is over and all they have to look forward to is more use. As the day wears on he calls for more and more stops, advocating that they shouldn't get to far ahead of the two souls they left behind. Although everyone seems to believe that is only part of the reason.

Making camp is quick and easy as there are numerous sites in the area, even a small sign post with a painted board that reads "Wanderers Rest" near an open space with almost a half dozen stone fire rings.

An hour after the group has a fire going and is sitting around resting another group comes into the area. They are very corgial and wish only to rest before setting out agian in the morning. Father Renios makes no objections and the other group sets camp not far from you. The old priest nods approvingly as he sees that the light from both fires seem to touch creating a large area of light.

OOC: Anyone wishing to retcon a conversation may do so, I don't want to miss any potential RP.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien accompanies Tonris, mostly talking his ear off about 9 minutes out of 10, incessantly chattering away about nothing.

After acquiring the wand, the half-elven girl does have something important to say.

"Okay, since we did not get horses and we don't have time to shop for them now, we should hustle to catch up to the others. With their overland speed being slower due to Larissa wearing heavy armor, we can do a forced march for the next two to three hours and we should catch up to them in time for setting up camp."

"We will be tired after the first hour, but the alternative is setting up camp separately and having to split the watches tonight between the two of us."

Ready to get going, she heads off down the road at a brisk pace once Tonris is ready to go. Even if the funny-haired man doesn't want to do a forced march the whole afternoon, they can still cover 15 miles by hustling the first hour.

[Sblock=OOC]Okay, I did some math. Let's say Tonris and Tyrien lose 4 hours of travel time shopping and entering Venza. Larissa can only walk 16 miles a day, but it sounds like they forced marched one hour to make it 18 miles.

Tonris and Tyrien have 4 hours to cover that same distance. By forced marching 2 hours, they gain 6 extra miles to their overland speed and cover 18 miles, arriving camp at the same time, with 1 dmg non-lethal and fatigued.

If by chance the DM is being mean and they need to take 3 miles extra distance out of the way, then forced marching a 3rd hour only gives them 2 more dmg non-lethal and they still catch up. :p

So... are Tyrien and Tonris arriving at the campsite with the others? :angel:[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12 (low-light vision)
AC: 23 (18 flat-footed, 16 Touch)
HP: 48 Current: 48
CMB: +7 CMD: 22(17ff) Fort: +5 Reflex: +9 Will: +4
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Arcane Strike (+1 Dmg), Resistance, Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]Was sort of planning on a tired twosome to arrive at the camp during the night. This way we can get back on the adventure track.

I still need to know purchases and such, but that shouldn't slow down any RP you wish to do.

As updating today was impossible I'll move things along THUR if nothing not worthy happens.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Sounds reasonable." Tonris says in response to Tyrien's statement about a forced march. He finishes up his shopping as quickly as possible, making sure that he has everything that the group wanted.

[sblock=Purchases]1x Wand of Daylight with 10 charges = 2250 gp
1x Wand of Neutralize Poison with 5 charges = 2100 gp

Total Cost 4350 gp, taken out of Tonris' piggy bank on the assumption that the adventure will yield enough treasure to cover the cost of this purchase at the end of the adventure, and that any charges not used can be summarily sold back to the pearl at the same value that Tonris paid for the wands. Wands will be tracked on Tonris' character sheet.

Sorry for the delay in posting, the Maintenance to this site has been making getting the time to update a real pain.[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
After banking the fire for the night, Larissa turns to her tengu companion. "I will stand first watch, unless you would prefer to," she offers.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The pace set by Master Reinos doesn't seem to bother the tengu at all. In fact, he seems quite pleased with travel and hums atonally as he goes. He isn't much of a conversationalist unless someone else starts it or Keeling, his hawk familiar, sweeps past from one of his scouting or hunting forays.

At the camp, when Larissa offers to take first watch he nods.

"Yes, that would be, hurrr... acceptable to me. I shall sleep now, then."

Having said as much, the tengu rolls over putting his back to the fire. Keeling sleeps perched in a nearby tree as he has done since sunset.

EDIT: Agno's armor is light so he can sleep in it without penalty.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases