Just a Typical Night in an Inn

hopeless

Adventurer
Oh, interesting...

So when's that book of Ed's out which deals with his own version of the Realms setting?

I figure that article is the least of the ideas that book contains!

S'mon

Legend
I liked this account; the amount of intrigue might have been slightly over-egged for my taste, but there are lots of good ideas that are potentially useable or inspirational IMCs - the owl-hoots of the hunting bugbears especially! :angel:

Interesting. I really like the intro, which has some excellent advice for any campaign:

<<the isolated, fortified way-inns ... an old robber baron’s keep remade decades ... by some retired ... soldiers ...

Like most such vital shelters in dangerous wilderlands, the Helm was cold, drafty, crowded at certain times of year (particularly the spring and fall “runs” on either side of winter), and always expensive. After all, when the likely alternative is death, paying a stiff rate for a night of shelter suddenly seems a lot more tolerable.

(In the Realms, lots of little hamlets and villages, wayside inns and taverns, and favorite camping sites exist that don’t appear on any maps. Please create such elements and place them where your adventure needs them. Or make them unusable—overrun by recent orc raids or razed by fire, and temporarily abandoned—when their absence is a challenge you want PCs to face.)>>

But the actual adventure seems over-the-top for me. If just another day at the inn was anything like this, the merchants would stop travelling and stay home to farm -- not worth risking your life every night!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases