[D&D Next] Misfits of the Sharn Watch OOC

NiClerigo

Adventurer
My vote would be to wait until the 5th character is posted, then start the IC thread. (We can retcon anything needed later after the next packet comes out.)

On a parallel topic: is there a good Eberron wiki or introductory page where I could brush up on the setting without buying the Guide book? I'm envious of the setting details of Taelvosh and Sheridan, at least, and I know that I have not provided any real background for Ortley. (Or should we work out his background during play?)

I agree. I'll create the character as soon as possible and submit it (by the way, where shall I post it?). Then it may be better to begin playing IC and update things with the next release

slobster

Hero
Oh yeah, I'll definitely wait for nic either way. I was asking whether to wait for the new playtest document, as well!

I'll poke around for a good primer on Eberron. If you want to work on a background for Ortley, I'm game. Veterans of the Last War are pretty thick on the ground these days, so that's a possibility. He also could have gotten training at Morgrave University, the place that sponsors a lot of adventurers coming out of Sharn. It's like the University Indiana Jones worked at, but without the pretension of being a place focused on old-timey classroom learning. They believe in learning by tomb-raiding!

A lot of arcane types come up through the ranks of magewrights and artificers. While artificers are full-on gadgeteers (which may not fit with your character), magewrights are the magical equivalent of the workers on an old Model T assembly line. Your character could have been introduced to magic in a job like that, then expanded his skills through personal effort, a teacher, or anything else you could think of.

EDIT: oh, sorry. You can post the character sheet in the campaign wiki by going to the campaign page and clicking "Add Campaign Wiki Page" in the top right. Then you just add a link to the character roster, and you're done! If for whatever reason you have trouble with that, you could also PM your sheet to me or post it in this thread, and I'll take care of adding it to the campaign page.

Last edited:

slobster

Hero
Hi everyone. I just added the link to the page of my character (Angelico Scudo, Silver Flame Cleric) in the character Roster (Angelico Scudo (cleric of the Silver Flame) - EN World: RPG News & Reviews)

Fantastic! Well that's a whole party. Should we get started, even if that means we might end up changing the characters in a week or so? I'm of a mind to just sieze the momentum while we have it and plow ahead, but if I hear any objections I could try and be patient . . .

EDIT: Nevermind. We're relaunching the IC thread! Later tonight, at least.

Also, a google search for Eberron wiki comes up with a few usable results, though they are quite overwhelming. None serve as a great introduction to the setting, but if you enjoy wiki scuba-diving then you can get the feel of the setting as well as all the details you want.

In general, topics of interest are: Sharn, the city where the adventure takes place. Breland, the country which contains the city. The Last War and the Day of Mourning, because those events really define the setting (at least as it currently stands). Also of interest are the Dragonmarked Houses and the Emerald Claw, as both are big power groups which seem to have an interest in what is going on.

Last edited:

slobster

Hero
And here we go again! Hopefully for reals, this time. Once again, the first poster will assume the POV for the opening narration. This time we'll start things with a bit more movement, though, and I hope to see you guys all finding your way over there soon! Hopefully everyone will get a chance to post before we need to roll initiative or anything.

mcmillan

Adventurer
Sorry for not checking in for a bit, life got crazy, and when I actually had some free time this weekend the site went down. But Taelvosh has made his appearance in character now.

Looks like I have some changes to make with the new packet though. Do we want to keep the old sorcerer for now? Could rebuild as either a fighter or battlemage, though neither seem quite the same concept I was going with.

I could work with that. I see Faein as a true adventurer, in it for riches and excitement. A little bit brash and overconfident, too. Would she and Taelvosh have met before, or would they be meeting for the first time?

How about we could know each other by reputation, but not necessarily met yet. So I know people who may have been on jobs with you and/or you know about a dragonmarked guard that got assigned to be with the watch after some kind of job that went bad.

Li Shenron

Legend
I added my rolls also, but [MENTION=6693711]slobster[/MENTION] it's up to you to decide which one(s) of them Sheridan has time to do before combat starts.

Let us know if you want us to update characters to the latest playtest packet. I have the feeling tho, that if they release packets at this speed and we update each time, this PbP game will never really start...

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Let us know if you want us to update characters to the latest playtest packet. I have the feeling tho, that if they release packets at this speed and we update each time, this PbP game will never really start...

I think the frequency of October updates is an exception, not the norm. The actual rate of updates should be much slower than this.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I added my rolls also, but @slobster it's up to you to decide which one(s) of them Sheridan has time to do before combat starts.

Based on posting frequency, I guess* slobster got caught in Hurricane Sandy on the U.S. east coast on Monday-Tuesday, and does not have power or internet connectivity right now, or perhaps any time to devote to this adventure. (Cool; that gives me more time to see how I would need to update Ortley to the new -- and rather different -- rules.)

* re: guess -- could be any other cause, though.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I'm not so keen on what they've done with fighter this last push... taking parry away is a real blow. I may opt to go Duelist, but swap out spring attack (which isn't very good) for parry.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases