[D&D Next] Misfits of the Sharn Watch OOC

slobster

Hero
OK, I have added six EN World dice rolls of 4d6-drop-lowest to my first post in this thread, above. It gave me scores of 15, 13, 15, 17, 12, 12.

When I know whether we need a fighter or a wizard or whatever (a glockenspiel? maybe not!), I'll put together a character using those scores, unless we decide to use point-buy instead. (Agreed, passions do run high when somebody rolls up a natural 17 or 18 before bonuses.)

Thanks for using the dice roller! And done. Assuming we use 4d6 drop low, your stats are set. I'll get started on a place for us to deposit character sheets.

fermuch

First Post
Hey! I want to try the new settings, but I don't know where I can download the new manuals. Would you like to share a link?

And, too, I want to join this party, but I never have played in a PbP system, and I only played with the settings of D&D 3.5 (I don't like 4e). Can I join? (I'm a newbie, and I'll ask a lot of questions ;))

slobster

Hero
nevermind. I found the rules and I'm currently reading them. So, can I join this group?

Absolutely. We're all newbies with this ruleset, so don't worry about that. And PbP isn't complicated. Just learn how to use the built-in dice roller and you should be fine.

So start up rolling some scores, and figure out what character you want to play. I'll be giving us a campaign home soon to store character sheets and other things as well, stay tuned.

fermuch

First Post
Absolutely. We're all newbies with this ruleset, so don't worry about that. And PbP isn't complicated. Just learn how to use the built-in dice roller and you should be fine.

So start up rolling some scores, and figure out what character you want to play. I'll be giving us a campaign home soon to store character sheets and other things as well, stay tuned.

If so, I'll be a lawful-good human cleric.
Now i'll roll my stats....

slobster

Hero
Haha nice. Stats high enough for your main modifiers, with some drawbacks to keep things spicy. :) Looking good.

And imagine that, the first person to call a class for sure plays a cleric. The rest of your party should be happy to hear that!

tuxgeo

Adventurer
And imagine that, the first person to call a class for sure plays a cleric. The rest of your party should be happy to hear that!

I'm still trying to leave class open so others can play what they want. Aside from that, I'm leaning toward the Halfling race, and I have begun building two halfling PCs so I can play either one. These partially-built PCs are:
(a) Nibesil Lowdoun, LG male "Stout" Halfling Fighter (Artisan, Dual Wielder, Slayer); and
(b) Ortley Oldbrook, NG male "Lightfoot" Halfling Wizard (Sage, Magic-User).

slobster

Hero
So I've invited you all to a campaign here on Enworld. It's my first time using the Enworld campaign manager, so I'll be getting the hang of it as we go. For now there are short blurbs and pics for the NPCs you guys will be interacting with in this first mission, but you don't need to worry about it. We'll go over it in the game as well.

I'm pretty sure that, once you join, you'll be able to upload your character sheets to the campaign. Text files of any kind are fine, as are spreadsheets or even pdfs. Whatever is easiest for you, as long as I can read it. DDN character sheets are fairly simple so far, so that shouldn't be an issue. If you need some help though, just mention it and I (or maybe one of your party members) will help where we can.

I'll probably add a little bit more to the page in the next few days, but really I'd like to get to character building soon so that we can get to gaming! So far we have a human cleric and possibly a halfling wizard or fighter. What else do people want to play?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases