[D&D Next] Misfits of the Sharn Watch OOC

slobster

Hero
Where should we put the mini-sheet? In every post in the forum as a quote?

The minisheet is mostly used in combat, though occasionally you might include it in scenes with a lot of skill interaction. Other than that you don't need to post it in every post, no. In other forums I have people put it in their sigs, but that isn't possible for all of us here. :(

Oh, I almost forgot it. I'll be traveling in an hour. I'll be back on Sunday. I can post anyway from my phone, but I will not be avaible as I'm currently.

Depending on how quickly we recruit a few more players/get their sheets up, we may or may not have started by then. I'm hopeful, but we'll see how it goes. In any case, we'll make it work.

EDIT: Also, for everyone, you may add an outfit for free to your equipment. It's a Sharn Watch uniform, which includes sturdy boots, pants, a shirt, a vest, a greatcoat (for looking awesome) that fits over most armors, and gloves. It also includes a badge with your precinct number (147). The vest and pants are navy blue, everything else is dark grey.

A set or more of civvies is also recommended.

I know most people aren't so fashion-conscious when it comes to their PCs, but I couldn't resist the urge to give you all billowy coats. :)

Last edited:

Seven

First Post
I'll get my stats a try...

Ok, for whatever reason it didn't remove the lowest score so I'll adjust.

Ability Rolls: 14, 13, 12, 10, 10, 10. I think I'll go human fighter (slayer), soldier, survivor.

Str: 16 (14 + 2 Racial)
Dex: 13 (12 + 1 Racial)
Con: 15 (13 + 1 Racial + 1 Class)
Int: 11 (10 + 1 Racial)
Wis: 11 (10 + 1 Racial)
Cha: 11 (10 + 1 Racial)

And I'll take the suggested equipment and is there a link where we place our characters?

Last edited:

slobster

Hero

Ability Rolls: 14, 13, 12, 10, 10, 10. I think I'll go human fighter (slayer), soldier, survivor.

And I'll take the suggested equipment and is there a link where we place our characters?

Character Roster - EN World: RPG News & Reviews

You can make a new page or comment in the roster, and I'll add the new page myself. Either works.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Oops! I messed up on Ortley's weapons: wizards are not proficient with Darts! (Gotta take those out of there.) :eek:

I'm almost glad of the fact that fermuch is going away until Sunday, because that still gives me time to correct Ortley's Char Sheet -- I'll go in there and remove the Darts and replace them with a Light Crossbow. Ortley still has 29 GP left, and that is enough to cover the cost of the Xbow (25) plus 2 quivers (or boxes?) of bolts @ 1GP/quiver of 10.

Edit: After a night's rest, by the clear light of morning, mind freshened by coffee: That's "Sling," not "Light Crossbow": a Light X-bow would be about as big as Ortley is. and unwieldy in tight places. In a wilderness, he might need that Range of "80/320"; but in an urban environment the item would get in his way, and would make the billowing greatcoat just that much less impressive. . . .

Last edited:

slobster

Hero
Because I really have nothing better to do ;) I've put up the last of my little information pages before the game starts, information on the forbidding No Man's Land. Now you can know a bit about the terrain before you get yourself lost in there.

You don't need to read any of the info pages to start in the campaign, but they are there if you need to kill some time. Cheery-oh, then, hope you enjoy!

fermuch

First Post
The minisheet is mostly used in combat, though occasionally you might include it in scenes with a lot of skill interaction. Other than that you don't need to post it in every post, no. In other forums I have people put it in their sigs, but that isn't possible for all of us here. :(

Depending on how quickly we recruit a few more players/get their sheets up, we may or may not have started by then. I'm hopeful, but we'll see how it goes. In any case, we'll make it work.

EDIT: Also, for everyone, you may add an outfit for free to your equipment. It's a Sharn Watch uniform, which includes sturdy boots, pants, a shirt, a vest, a greatcoat (for looking awesome) that fits over most armors, and gloves. It also includes a badge with your precinct number (147). The vest and pants are navy blue, everything else is dark grey.

A set or more of civvies is also recommended.

I know most people aren't so fashion-conscious when it comes to their PCs, but I couldn't resist the urge to give you all billowy coats. :)

I'm happy to say I'M BACK! :D And I wish to start playing as fast as we can!

I modified a little my sheet, so the invetory is a little more readable. Is it okay? What do you think about it? Maybe i'll search an image, or I'll ask a friend to draw me my character and I'll upload the draw. I don't know :)
How are you guys going? Are you ready and excited as me too?

slobster

Hero
I'm happy to say I'M BACK! :D And I wish to start playing as fast as we can!

I modified a little my sheet, so the invetory is a little more readable. Is it okay? What do you think about it? Maybe i'll search an image, or I'll ask a friend to draw me my character and I'll upload the draw. I don't know :)
How are you guys going? Are you ready and excited as me too?

I am ready and excited, and happy to have you back. Glad your trip concluded safely, hope it was fun! The character sheet looks great, Marik looks ready to swing into action.

Do we have any other character sheets ready or almost ready? If you have any questions or need some help, I'm happy to assist in whatever way I can. If you want to PM me or post your stats here to this thread, I can also post it up in the wiki and give you a link to your character sheet's new home. Whatever is easiest for you, let's start rolling some dice!

tuxgeo

Adventurer

How are we getting along with this?
Do you have a character sheet for your Human Slayer? No time pressure or anything; but I had an hour to spare, and I thought we needed to have Char Sheets posted to get going with playing this, so I have taken the liberty of writing up a Char Sheet for this PC -- but I didn't know some of the crucial details (mainly his or her NAME, alignment, sex, and religion!), so I simply made up those things.

I'm (fairly) sure you didn't want to name your PC "Obniyate Fongebempf," so please treat these entries as placeholders! If you wish to use this Char Sheet, please make the needed changes (at least his NAME!) and let slobster know. Here it is:

Code:
Char Sheet 
Obniyate Fongebempf, TN male Human Fighter 1
Fighting Style: Slayer 
Background: Soldier 
Specialty: Survivor 
Worships: Kord 

Greatsword +6 (1d12 + 3 slashing) (Primary weapon) 
Hand Crossbow +6 (1d6 + 3 piercing, Range 80/320) 
  ("Special": take Disadvantage to load and fire Crossbow in the same round) 

Stat    Rolled    Total    Modifier        (Bonuses: "R" for Racial, "C" for Class) 
STR      14        16R      +3
DEX      12        13R      +1
CON      13        15RC     +2
INT      10        11R      +0
WIS      10        11R      +0
CHA      10        11R      +0

HP: 17
AC: 16
HD: 1d10
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 feet

Skills: 
• Intimidate +3 
• Spot +3 
• Survival +3 

Trait: Military Rank (consult with DM slobster to determine which rank it is)
Features: 
• Combat Superiority; Expertise Dice 1d6, regained at the start of each round. 
  Maneuvers known (you can spend your Expertise Dice on these things): 
  = Deadly Strike: When you hit, roll the dice; add the results to the damage. 
  = Parry: When you are damaged by an attack, and you are wielding a weapon or 
    a shield, roll the dice; subtract the results from the damage you took. You 
    are still subject to any other effects of the attack that hit you. 
  = Glancing Blow: One time per turn, when you miss with a weapon attack, but 
    your roll on the d20 is higher than 9, roll the dice; the target takes that 
    amount of damage anyway. 

Equipment     (This is the list of starting equipment for the Slayer Fighter.) 

GP    Lbs.    Item Name    Details
75    40      Chainmail    AC 16, no DEX mod. 
50    10      Greatsword    1d12 slashing, Two-handed 
10    3       Crossbow, hand    1d6 piercing, Range 80/320, Two-handed, Special 
1     3       Bolts, Xbow: 10    
4     38      Adventurer's Kit
5     1       Healer's Kit

145    95    [TOTALS]    

(5 GP remaining)

slobster

Hero
No time pressure or anything; but I had an hour to spare, and I thought we needed to have Char Sheets posted to get going with playing this, so I have taken the liberty of writing up a Char Sheet for this PC -- but I didn't know some of the crucial details (mainly his or her NAME, alignment, sex, and religion!), so I simply made up those things.

I'm (fairly) sure you didn't want to name your PC "Obniyate Fongebempf," so please treat these entries as placeholders! If you wish to use this Char Sheet, please make the needed changes (at least his NAME!) and let slobster know.

Thanks.

I probably didn't make this clear enough before, but I am ready to go as soon as we have character sheets up! Like I said at the beginning, I'd like 3 to 5 players (4 is ideal), so as soon as we get another character sheet ready to go I can get the in-character thread started. I also have sneaky ways to introduce a character in the middle of the first session, if someone decides to come late to the party.

So get those sheets up! If you don't want to do the work yourself, I can even put up a sheet for you (like [MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION] has kindly already done) and, subject to your approval, we can get the playtest on the road. Just ask, I don't mind at all.

The game will start just outside No Man's Land, with you guys having your final conversation with your Chief Inspector before the mission starts and you are on your own. It's going to be a lot of fun, I promise!

slobster

Hero
How are those character sheets coming? I don't mean to push, but I would like to get the game going as soon as we can. I've got the basics of the session planned out, and I'll have to update it all if we don't get started before the next playtest packet comes out. ;)

Additionally, if anyone is lurking but hasn't piped up and decided to join (you know who you are!), I am still interested in new players! The game is big enough for more participants, and until I get a character sheet I don't consider a spot "filled" in any case. It's just a playtest game, you don't have to worry about an extended time commitment and we're just going to have a good time with the new rules. Help us play some D&D!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases