[D&D Next] Misfits of the Sharn Watch OOC

Seven

First Post
I'm still here. I had a death in the family this past week and I'll get him up and running asap. I apologize for my lack on communication.

Last edited:

slobster

Hero
I'm still here. I had a death in the family this past week and I'll get him up and running asap. I apologize for my lack on communication.

My condolences. No need to apologize for that, I understand completely. I still look forward to getting our game going, but please take the time to do what you need to do, and know that a spot will be waiting for you once you have the time again.

slobster

Hero
[MENTION=6700238]Seven[/MENTION], about the rank for your slayer fighter. The whole world of Eberron has just emerged from a century long continent-wide war, so you could easily be a returning soldier of pretty good rank (captain to colonel, which would have given you command of between a hundred and a thousand or so men). You don't have that rank anymore, but your past military service could give you nominal command of the current operation to retrieve the Raven from No Man's Land.

I call it "nominal" command because, when we play, everyone gets to decide what their characters do and nobody will get to order anyone else's character around. With that said, you could be the person who receives orders and information from superior officers in the Watch and passes them down, and who talks first when your group is interacting with other people in an official capacity.

If you have another idea for your rank, I'm happy to hear that, too.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry, I will have to bow out of this for the time being. I can currently barely manage to keep up with the games I'm already in and will be homeless for a week until the new apartment is ready and will have less time posting access while staying with friends.

slobster

Hero
Sorry, I will have to bow out of this for the time being. I can currently barely manage to keep up with the games I'm already in and will be homeless for a week until the new apartment is ready and will have less time posting access while staying with friends.

Good luck with the move, and happy gaming!

tuxgeo

Adventurer
There's a new 5E Next playtest packet available as of today. (It's still officially Monday for a couple of hours in my time zone as I type this.) The new packet adds Magic Items, and it tweaks monsters, plus other things.

Perhaps now might be a good time, and the "October Playtest Packet" thread might be a good place, to remind potential players about the remaining openings in this Eberron campaign.

slobster

Hero
Yay, magic items! I'll roll for magic items as the packet suggests, and we'll see what Lady Luck has planned for your characters!

You know, once we start playing. ;)

mcmillan

Adventurer
I'm interested in getting in on this, about to head to work so will fill in some more details later tonight. I'm in Central timezone

slobster, saw you plug this game on one of the playtest threads. Still need anyone else? I'm not familiar with Eberron, if that's too big a handicap.

slobster

Hero
I'm interested in getting in on this, about to head to work so will fill in some more details later tonight. I'm in Central timezone

slobster, saw you plug this game on one of the playtest threads. Still need anyone else? I'm not familiar with Eberron, if that's too big a handicap.

I'd love to have you both. Unfamiliarity with Eberron is no handicap at all, the game is basically going to be a dungeoncrawl (with a fantasy urban twist), and I'll be sure to explain anything that is not standard D&D fantasy-world fare. I'm using monsters pretty much out of the playtest packet as-is (at least to start), so you can be sure there isn't anything too crazy.

The first post in this thread pretty much gives you what you need to know, though the Campaign Manager has some NPC info you might find interesting, and the first journal entry describes the location of the dungeon crawl. Other than that, exploring a new setting is part of the fun! Of course you don't have to read any of that stuff to play in the game, it's just there if you are interested.

So I'd love to have you guys in the game, just roll up some 4d6 drop low for scores, and we can get your sheets up in the character roster and get the playtest started!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases