[D&D Next] Misfits of the Sharn Watch OOC

mcmillan

Adventurer
I was thinking either an bow fighter with lurker theme, or sorcerer and since it's looking like we could use some more front line I started stating up the sorcerer.

If it won't step on toes or conflict with slobster's plans was thinking of reflavoring the powers as effects of a dragonmark (for the new to Eberron folks those are marks on people that provide magical effects in a certain area, and the common ones are organized into houses with a lot of influence across the world, could be seen as analogous to a hereditary multinational corporation). After looking over the plot there seems something intriguing about the idea that a house is interested enough to send someone with a mark into such a dangerous situation. Mark of Detection or Mark of Sentinel seem like it would fit the task, though don't really fit the current sorcerer. On the other hand there seems to be a decent mix of available spells/features that seem fitting for a Mark of Storm.

I should have a prelimary character stats up shortly.

slobster

Hero
I was thinking either an bow fighter with lurker theme, or sorcerer and since it's looking like we could use some more front line I started stating up the sorcerer.

If it won't step on toes or conflict with slobster's plans was thinking of reflavoring the powers as effects of a dragonmark

I'd be tickled to have a dragonmarked character in the game! I'm willing to work with you to flavor the sorcerer for any mark you'd like. As you said, Sentinel and Detection lend themselves immediately to consideration. House Cannith is also heavily involved in all of Sharn, and sending one of their scions into such a fraught situation might indicate that the Sharn wing of the House is looking to increase its profile. Bearers of the mark of Storm can easily find themselves drawn into all sorts of trouble, especially where the free flow of goods through one of Eberron's main trading hubs is threatened.

Choose whichever House strikes your fancy, and we can hammer out a reason that your character gets involved as well as the basis for reflavoring sorcery as a dragonmark.

slobster

Hero
Is there still room for a character?

I'm an Eberron noob, but I've played plenty of 5th so far, mostly on the DM side.

I'd like to keep the number of active players at 5, so assuming that everyone that has expressed interest ends up playing, we have that many already. If somebody ends up dropping out for any reason, I can keep you in mind as an alternate if you like!

slobster

Hero
Taelvosh d'Lyrandar is now posted on the wiki. Wasn't sure about the surname since I've forgotten if it was generally the case that being dragonmarked=part of the main family or not.

I'm fine with him being part of the main family. The character sheet looks fine, and I have no problems with thunderwave, it doesn't seem more powerful than burning hands which is on the sorcerer list. And I'm a sucker for the mark of Storm, I always loved the idea of dashing half-elven (excuse me, Khoravar ;)) sky pirates (excuse me, gentlemen of fortune)! Taelvosh is now officially a part of the special Sharn Watch publicity sop. . . errm strike force. He looks to be quite the high society charmer! Any thoughts as to why such a rare individual is part of this low-class outfit? Or would you like me to suggest a few character hooks that might lead him to be adventuring in the undercity?

Now that we have 3 characters ready to go, what do we think about starting up the IC thread soon? If you haven't added stats yet you can still join in on the RP, since it will probably take at least a few days for you guys to get into a fight (depending on your actions, of course).

I'm thinking of putting up the first post IC on Friday morning (US Western Time). Any thoughts or objections?

slobster

Hero
mcmillan said:
Dragon Strength (reflavored as infusing attack with energy, mechanically still untyped extra damage)

What about flavoring it as tapping the strength of the storm for extra speed and ferocity, which allows you to make a strike that is almost too fast to follow with the eye? Kind of like similar effects in the Mistborn series by Brian Sanderson, or the Codex Alera by Jim Butcher (if you've read any of those).

fermuch

First Post
I'm fine with him being part of the main family. The character sheet looks fine, and I have no problems with thunderwave, it doesn't seem more powerful than burning hands which is on the sorcerer list. And I'm a sucker for the mark of Storm, I always loved the idea of dashing half-elven (excuse me, Khoravar ;)) sky pirates (excuse me, gentlemen of fortune)! Taelvosh is now officially a part of the special Sharn Watch publicity sop. . . errm strike force. He looks to be quite the high society charmer! Any thoughts as to why such a rare individual is part of this low-class outfit? Or would you like me to suggest a few character hooks that might lead him to be adventuring in the undercity?

Now that we have 3 characters ready to go, what do we think about starting up the IC thread soon? If you haven't added stats yet you can still join in on the RP, since it will probably take at least a few days for you guys to get into a fight (depending on your actions, of course).

I'm thinking of putting up the first post IC on Friday morning (US Western Time). Any thoughts or objections?

I'm very happy right now! we are finally starting the game! we have a lot of movement and a lot of people!
I'm ready to play! Are you guys?!?!

Apologies for the delay. Work has become abruptly insane.

Looks like I got beat to the sorcerer, oh well. :) I'll get something up tonight.

Remove ads