[D&D Next] Misfits of the Sharn Watch OOC

slobster

Hero
And we're off! The first post in the IC thread is up!

Whoever posts first is the POV character for the opening narration, but most of it applies to all the characters, anyway. As more players start posting, you can narrate your own arrivals according to your pleasure. There isn't too much to accomplish story-wise at the first scene, but I thought it would be nice to be able to introduce yourselves to each other before the exposition begins. You guys can move upstairs whenever you'd like, but remember to wipe your shoes!

Choose a color for your “in-character” speech, and use it to separate your character's actual speech from your narration and other out-of-character text. I prefer the IC thread to be mostly light on the narration, with actual spoken text taking up most of your post (out of combat, anyway), but the first few posts where you describe your character and establish yourself in the game are exceptions.

Example: Jim decided that red would be a cool color for his speech. This is a cool color, he commented unnecessarily.

If you are planning on joining the game but haven't posted a character sheet yet, don't let that stop you from joining in on the RP! The game statistics aren't needed in a little conversation, so all you need is your character concept and I'm glad to have you. I'll give you fair warning before any combat starts, don't worry.

mcmillan

Adventurer
Taelvosh is now officially a part of the special Sharn Watch publicity sop. . . errm strike force. He looks to be quite the high society charmer! Any thoughts as to why such a rare individual is part of this low-class outfit? Or would you like me to suggest a few character hooks that might lead him to be adventuring in the undercity?
Hmm, how about he was responsible for transporting some important shipment that was lost. Afterwards Taelvosh was "promoted" to being a contact with the Sharn Watch. If you have ideas for additional reasons for the House to want him on this particular mission I don't mind incorporating it.

What about flavoring it as tapping the strength of the storm for extra speed and ferocity, which allows you to make a strike that is almost too fast to follow with the eye? Kind of like similar effects in the Mistborn series by Brian Sanderson, or the Codex Alera by Jim Butcher (if you've read any of those).

Ooo, I like that better than what I came up with. Thanks for the suggestion

I'll be heading over for the IC introduction, though a heads up I may not be able check in too much for the rest of the weekend

http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/330440-misfits-sharn-watch-d-d-next.html#post6031494

slobster

Hero
I've narrated the entrance to the building, and now I'm going to let you guys interact as you will for the next few days. Unless you have something specific you need me for (like you want to examine the room or something) I leave the IC thread to you guys until Tuesday, both to give everyone a chance to interact and to allow other players to introduce themselves. On Tuesday I'll assume that everyone is done downstairs, and will narrate you guys heading up to the third floor and beginning the mission briefing.

I'll still be reading, and I'll post replies to anything you need here in the OOC thread as well.

slobster

Hero
Hmm, how about he was responsible for transporting some important shipment that was lost. Afterwards Taelvosh was "promoted" to being a contact with the Sharn Watch. If you have ideas for additional reasons for the House to want him on this particular mission I don't mind incorporating it.

Sure! We don't have to get too fancy. I think that Taelvosh sounds like an up-and-comer, so his liaison position with the Sharn Watch usually involves dealing with the more civilized area of the city. Upon hearing of the current crisis, though, he found all of a sudden that his superiors in the House are eager to have him join the strike force heading into No Man's Land.

Part of this is because a gang war would be a setback for the House's commercial operations, and they (unlike some of the other Dragonmarked Houses) don't have strong relations with the criminal elements of Sharn. So this is their best bet of stopping the war and keeping their operations profitable.

On another level, they have been hearing some suspicious rumors from the Undercity with regards to anti-Dragonmarked extremists operating there. Again, unfortunately, their contacts in Sharn's underbelly are rather undeveloped. This is a rare chance for them to send one of their own people deep into the Undercity while enjoying official sanction and protection. You don't have any hard leads to chase, just a general directive to keep your eyes open for any suspicious activities that might be aimed at the Dragonmarked Houses as you go about your official mission.

OK, so a little fancier than I thought at first. Interested? It's hardly necessary that you include this stuff, it's just some fin color for your character if you like the sound of it.

slobster

Hero
So if you haven't had time to post yet, no problem, but are you still interested? There are no hard feelings (real life can get in the way, don't I know it), but I'd like to hear from you so that I know who is in the game still!

Along those lines, if you are still interested [MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION] I'd be happy to have you, as I'd like to get things moving in the IC thread!

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Along those lines, if you are still interested [MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION] I'd be happy to have you, as I'd like to get things moving in the IC thread!

Yes, definitely! What classes do we have covered so far? I'm leaning towards Wizard, but I can be flexible on that. :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Yes, definitely! What classes do we have covered so far? I'm leaning towards Wizard, but I can be flexible on that. :)

I'll bop in here since slobster hasn't answered yet: So far, we have a halfling wizard (my Ortley Oldbrook), a human sun-cleric (fermuch's Marik Trishel), and a half-elf sorcerer (mcmillan's Taelvosh d'Lyrandar, using human stats for the half-elf). Three casters.

There was talk of maybe a human fighter and of something else, but neither has made it into the roster yet. (Real life got in the way.)

fermuch

First Post
Hello guys. I have some bad news. I'm leaving the group.
I'm so sorry, but right now I have a lot of work to finish before the year ends and I have no free time to spend, so I can't even watch how things are going here.
I have to say, [MENTION=6693711]slobster[/MENTION], thanks for all the help you gave me to start!

Thanks and good luck!

slobster

Hero
Sorry to see you go, [MENTION=6700478]fermuch[/MENTION]. Good luck with your work!

So, after the interruption with site maintenance and so on, who is still around and still interested in the game? Do we have enough interest to keep the playtest going?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases