[D&D Next] Misfits of the Sharn Watch OOC

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Sorry to see you go, @fermuch . Good luck with your work!
Likewise: I hope things go well for you.
So, after the interruption with site maintenance and so on, who is still around and still interested in the game? Do we have enough interest to keep the playtest going?
I'm still here and interested; though I think we may need to reboot the in-character thread because we've already lost one of the characters who has posted there.

With the loss of Marik Trishel, the party no longer has a cleric. Do we need to rebalance? I'm open to playing some other character than Ortley Oldbrook if that'll help in pulling a cohesive group together.

(I'm not sure about the etiquette of this sort of thing: would "Mentions" of The Shadow, seven, and MortalPlague be appropriate in an effort to poll them directly?)

Last edited:

slobster

Hero
Sure, sounds good. [MENTION=16760]The Shadow[/MENTION], [MENTION=6700238]Seven[/MENTION], [MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION]: until the site maintenance quiets down I'll put the IC thread on hold, and we'll start a new one once things quiet down and everyone has a chance to check in. Are you guys still interested in the game, though?

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I haven't been able to get on ENWorld for the last few days with the maintenance... lol.

So it seems things are pretty heavy on casters so far, I'll probably go a different route. I've already played a rogue at the table (my only 5th Edition foray so far), so maybe I'll pick up the fighter? I'd probably go lightly armored duelist.

I don't know much about Eberron, but if I'm putting together a swashbuckling type character, what sort of background (story-wise, not mechanically) should I look at?

slobster

Hero
I don't know much about Eberron, but if I'm putting together a swashbuckling type character, what sort of background (story-wise, not mechanically) should I look at?

Eberron has a lot of diversity, so a swashbuckling character with just about any background is possible. If you have a character concept in mind, and a background which goes with it, we could certainly find a place to fit it in. In particular the city the game takes place in (Sharn) is both a busy seaport and a nexus of airshipping, as well as a developed center of intrigue and action in its own right. Not to mention a huge university devoted to funding adventurers to set out to forgotten places and recover artifacts and valuable items. Any of those things could fuel a swashbuckling background.

And yeah, site maintenance has been quite intense the past couple of days! In a way though I'm glad of it, as it lets us get a fresh start for the game once everything settles down.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Eberron has a lot of diversity, so a swashbuckling character with just about any background is possible. If you have a character concept in mind, and a background which goes with it, we could certainly find a place to fit it in. In particular the city the game takes place in (Sharn) is both a busy seaport and a nexus of airshipping, as well as a developed center of intrigue and action in its own right. Not to mention a huge university devoted to funding adventurers to set out to forgotten places and recover artifacts and valuable items. Any of those things could fuel a swashbuckling background.
Those ideas all sound really fun. I think, for simplicity's sake, I'm leaning towards the university-funded adventurer, since that seems like an easy tie-in for the quest. "We're paying your bills, so go track this guy down, got it?"

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Character sheet:

I decided to use a quarterstaff. I don't think I've ever played a staff fighter. This should be fun. :D

[sblock]
Faein Minatta, Female Human Duelist Fighter 1
Background: Charlatan
Specialty: Lurker

Quarterstaff +7 (1d8+4)
Expertise Dice: 1d6

HP: 12/12
AC: 15
HD: 1d10

Str 15(+2), Dex 18(+4), Con 14(+2)
Int 10(+0), Wis 13(+1), Cha 16(+3)

Bluff +6
Insight +5
Sleight of Hand +7

Class Abilities: Combat Superiority, Duelist Fighting Style (Tumble at L1)

Leather Armor
Quarterstaff
[/sblock]

Li Shenron

Legend
If you need a replacement player, I am interested.

I know very little about Eberron, but I understand that as a dungeon crawl there shouldn't be any particular need for knowing much about the setting outside the dungeon, can you confirm?

If there is still room for a character, I'll take a look at the existing ones and pick whatever class is left.

slobster

Hero
If you need a replacement player, I am interested.

Thanks, I would be interested in another player. Since we haven't heard from [MENTION=6700238]Seven[/MENTION] for a while, I'm going to assume that he's indisposed unless and until we hear from him again :(.

We've got a fighter, a sorcerer, and probably a wizard. [MENTION=16760]The Shadow[/MENTION] hasn't decided on a class yet, and the wizard ( [MENTION=61026]tuxgeo[/MENTION] ) is open to changing his character to help part cohesion.

And yes, you are correct that knowledge of Eberron is unnecessary for this game. Anything that you might need to know will be supplied in the game itself. I'm looking to run a basically old school dungeon crawl with a twist (fantasy urban setting).

EDIT: [MENTION=62721]MortalPlague[/MENTION], I've got your character sheet up in the campaign page. Check it over!

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Thanks, I would be interested in another player. Since we haven't heard from seven for a while, I'm going to assume that he's indisposed unless and until we hear from him again :(.

We've got a fighter, a sorcerer, and probably a wizard. [MENTION=16760]The Shadow[/MENTION] hasn't decided on a class yet, and the wizard (@tuxgeo) is open to changing his character to help part cohesion.

And yes, you are correct that knowledge of Eberron is unnecessary for this game. Anything that you might need to know will be supplied in the game itself. I'm looking to run a basically old school dungeon crawl with a twist (fantasy urban setting).

Thank you.

Please make sure if [MENTION=6700238]Seven[/MENTION] is still in, as I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

If there is indeed room for me, I'll let [MENTION=16760]The Shadow[/MENTION] pick his class first, and then choose myself, presumably a Rogue or Cleric at this point.

slobster

Hero
Thank you.

Please make sure if [MENTION=6700238]Seven[/MENTION] is still in, as I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

Don't worry about it. I've PMed him, so we'll see if I hear back.

Even assuming both of you decide to play, I'd rather deal with running a game with one extra PC than wait around forever until the game falls apart. So welcome aboard!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases