[LPF] School Days

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Not a problem; it was definitely not an easy one to solve, as many of the conditions are very similar in nature; half the fun with the riddles was finding little things like that to highlight. Now the real fun part begins; figuring out how to get the keys from all of these critters.

[sblock=rewards]Experience
Initial Riddles CR 2 600 xp total/300 xp each[/sblock]

Heinrich leveled up. I would recommend some indirect spells, as combat is not going to be a very solid option for some of these creatures.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So, ist das vee haf:

Mighty beast, yet food and prey as well
Auroc
Now you see this canine, now you don't
blink dog
A light in the dark
Firebeetle
When danger comes, these creatures dance away from it
grig
Tooth and claw aid this mighty beast survive a harsh land
Grizzly Bear
Scavenger of the hot wastes
Hyena
Cold and distant, this creature can sicken any they meet
ice mephit
A hunter of the savannah, cunning and patience is this solo artists stock and trade
Cheetah/Leopard

Now, do vee defeat in battle or talk them to give up das key?", muses Heinrich out loud.

Qik

First Post
Halting Lu in their premature strolling towards the door, Ni considers Heinrich's question. "Well, there will have to be some indirect i.e. nonverbal communication involved, at the very least, since I can't talk to many animals much in a day, unfortunately." The gnome frowns at this. "Still, at least some conversation will be possible with the animals, and with those creatures that talk, I'd prefer to talk first." Ni brandishes his oversized grin. "After all, I am a connoisseur of conversation, if I do say so myself, which I do, of course, because I just did." Lu rolls its eyes visibly. Ni doesn't seem to notice. "But starting with a grig - in here - might be good, since they're supposed to be reasonable creatures, from what I've heard." Ni jerks his thumb towards the entrance to the magical forest.

[sblock=OOC]Sounds good. I vote that we press on into the magical forest environment.[/sblock]

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

sunshadow21

Explorer
You enter the forest environment, and the light shines through the gaps of the canopy above onto the sparse brush and grass that covers the ground. It becomes clear that the first challenge is going to be finding a grig in this tangled mess of trees and clearings.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Grig are fey. Fey are unpredictable, therefore only tenuously reasonable. Use caution, Ni. Come, we go to enchanted forest."

Qik

First Post
Ni smiles mischievously. "I must confess to being quite fond of the prospect of dealing with a creature with tenuous reason. But I appreciate your concern, Herr Heinrich."

Appreciating the vividness of the Reality Machine's illusion, Ni and Lu peer among the branches and look for clues as to the grig's natural habitat. Ni regularly taps out a small incantation as they search and ponder.

[sblock=OOC]Know (Nature) is for clues as to the grig's habitat that would help us locate one.[/sblock]

Spells:

Active Magic:
- None

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3

sunshadow21

Explorer
Grigs tend to make their homes in thick woods alongside rolling hills, often near bodies of water. In every grig community may be found a clearing where the group observes the moon during its many lunar holidays.

OOC: You don't really see much from where you're at. Survival rolls would be what you need to find to locate a promising location.

Qik

First Post
Ni describes the kind of habitat that they're looking for, and asks Lu if he can lead the way towards one. Lu reluctantly tries to comply, still a bit grumpy at being surrounded by all this luscious foliage that he can't munch on. Ni tries to help, but he's still thinking about grig irrationality and the phenomenal extent of the illusion which surrounds them.

Spells:

Active Magic:
- None

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3

sunshadow21

Explorer
Despite his reluctance, Lu is able to find a promising spot along a brook where there is a small waterfall created as it comes down out of the hills.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases