[LPF] School Days

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]He did actually[/sblock]

The dwarf just winces when Ni describes what they were doing, "Figures, troublesome pests do have a way of finding each other. If he didn't mention anyone by name, go look around for someone who has time to play 20 questions; I'm busy."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"About time, it at least gives you a direction to start with. Her office is upstairs and to the right. Just look for anything cats. Her pointy ears should be in the middle of them somewhere." Following the dwarf's seemingly ambiguous directions, you do indeed come across an office door covered in cat this and cat that. It's open and there is a female elf sitting inside at a desk, reading a boook. She does not immediately notice you.

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Oops! My bad on that, ss.[/sblock]

Ni thanks the dwarf for his help and then follows Heinrich out of the room. When they're alone in the hallway, Ni says, "Sorry about that, Herr Heinrich; putting away facts and recalling them later has never been my strong suit." They head off to find Dr. Catslove.

Ni knocks politely on the door to her office. "Excuse me, Dr. Catslove, marm, I don't mean to interrupt your reading and such and such, but we were sent here by Dr. Roustabout to help you with some experiments you are running....?" The gnome trails off, due to the ambiguity of what they'll actually be asked to do.

[sblock=OOC]Take 10 on Diplomacy (as usual), for 31.[/sblock]

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 5/5
- 2: DC 18; 2/3

Active Magic:
- Summon Monster II - Earth Elemental

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

sunshadow21

Explorer
She looks up, and unlike the dwarf, beams when she sees you. "Thaddeus? Let's see, which experiment would that be? Did he give you any clues as to which project it may be?" She starts digging through the many piles of paper on her desk trying to figure out which projects he might have been referring to.

Qik

First Post
Ni nods in confirmation. "Yes ma'am, yes ma'am, I don't believe that the good doctor was overly specific as to our qualifications or our assignment. He only stated that he appreciated our devil-may-care attitude. If it helps, both myself and Herr Heinrich here are magically inclined: the Herr has a knack with fire, and I'm good at bringing out the life in things." He smiles his cheshire cat smile.

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 5/5
- 2: DC 18; 2/3

Active Magic:
- Summon Monster II - Earth Elemental

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Hmm, don't need any fire at the moment, but as long as bringing the life out if things is conjuration and not necromancy, I think we could certainly use your talents.

A couple of years ago, when our current president took over, he tasked the faculty in this department with giving the students priority to the use of the machine. One of the tasks he gave us to accomplish this was to develop a series of classes regarding the real world applications of the magic that many of our students only usually think of in terms of theorycraft. Well, to say that they have been a hit would be an understatement, and the buzz around the newest one we are developing is particularly high, so we would rather not dip into our usual supply of volunteers to test out it's development process.

It's titled, roughly, Field Applications of the Summon Spells. We have developed enough of the course to be able to rough out the test, and we would like you to try it out to see how well it reflects activity in the field. It's really simplicity itself; There will be a small library in the middle with a number of doors branching off on the sides. Each pair of students will be assigned one of the doors, through which will be a square room with a locked chest (w/ 4 keyholes) and 3 side "rooms," each a different environment. They will each be given 8 clues corresponding to creatures on the summon monster lists, including a few nonstandard variants, and they will have to solve those clues to identify the creature, and then look for said creatures in their environment to secure 8 keys. They can use the small library, which will be a miniature version of our main one that will contain common references for the conjuration school. They, and their familiars or eidolons, if they should have them, will not be allowed to directly interact with the environment for safety reasons, but rather will be expected to utilize their spells, magical abilities, and research capabilites to manipulate the environment in order to locate, observe, and secure the keys from the target creatures. Once they have all eight keys, they will be given 4 more clues, each one of which pertains to one of the eight creatures already studied, to determine which 4 keys will unlock the safe without triggering the guardians. After they successfully unlock the safe, or defeat the safe guardians in combat, if they don't use the right combination, they will find inside the safe an appropriate reward that reflects their grade, made by one of their fellow students in the other departments of the academy.

Does this sound like something that would interest you if we were to ask you to run through it and see how well it works? We would be sure to include a proper reward in the safe for your time, and offer up our array of student made potions and scrolls for your use as well, up to 500 gp each up front, and a further 500 gp after, for a total of potentially 1000 gp each of such items, in addition to a nice item in the safe for each of you, and some coin as well."

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Necromancy!? Ist Evoced Feuer Schule!" *hock! tooy!* Heinrich dry spits as a curse. It is very apperent that he has no love of necromancy, "Nicht goot das necromancy!! ist Übel!!! Nein Sprechen zee!"

He stands in moody silence,his arms crossed in defiant pride, but he is definitely listening.

"Ah. vee are to test das Maschine? Ni! ist test uf academic! ist uf great honor! Vaht you say Ni?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases