Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich saunters into the schools store and looks to purchase a few things
purchase here

reduce person leve1; 25 gp <-- not in stock
enlarge person leve1; 25 gp<-- roll = 20+12=32
knock level 2; 150 gp<-- roll = 29
resist energy level 2; 150 gp<-- roll = 23

Heinrich spends the next 5 hours reading and scribing spells into his spell book

scrolls purchased: 325 scribing cost: 90 gp

"Ni, Reduce person not in stock. You wish any scroll in hand, Ja?"

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Now that Enworld is back up and done with it's headaches, hopefully, I'll go ahead and proceed, you can retroactively finish any shopping.

You show up the next morning and find Dr. Roustabout, Dr. Catslove, and the grumpy dwarf, who gets introduced as Dr. Runehouse waiting for you. There are also several other observers, who are introduced as the actual professors of this series of classes.

The setup is exactly as they described it. The center courtyard has been seemingly enclosed and a decent sized library fills the middle of it. Along the walls are several doors, only one of which is open. Going in that door, you find a square 30' by 30' room with a safe in the middle (with 4 keyholes, as expected) and an opening on each wall. One leads back to the library, one leads to what appears to be a tropical savannah at dawn (there are water holes and clumps of trees scattered about, but its mostly open grassland), one leads to what seems to be some kind of mystical forest at dusk, and the last leads to a northern scene where the edge of a great coniferous forest meets the edge of an open tundra. Each environment seems to appear to be about 1 square mile, with the door in the very center. As you are taking this all in, 8 lines of text appear on the door of the safe.

[FONT=&quot]Mighty beast, yet food and prey as well[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now you see this canine, now you don't[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A light in the dark[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When danger comes, these creatures dance away from it[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tooth and claw aid this mighty beast survive a harsh land[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scavenger of the hot wastes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cold and distant, this creature can sicken any they meet[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A hunter of the savannah, cunning and patience is this solo artists stock and trade[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
OOC: All of the creatues come from the level 1 to level 4 summon monster lists, including alternate possibilities. I will allow untrained knowledge checks in this instance as you have the benefit of the library close at hand.

[/FONT]

Scott DeWar

ooc workbook

another possible: levitate
purchase found in link on post 42
scroll purchase: 150 gp
to write: 40 gp

500 gp used + 105 from personal wealth
[MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION]: What thoughts do you have?

puzzle:

Mighty beast, yet food and prey as well <--
Now you see this canine, now you don't <-- Blink dog?
A light in the dark <-- Fire beetle?
When danger comes, these creatures dance away from it <--
Tooth and claw aid this mighty beast survive a harsh land <--Lion? Hell hound?
Scavenger of the hot wastes <--Hyena?
Cold and distant, this creature can sicken any they meet <--
A hunter of the savannah, cunning and patience is this solo artists
stock and trade <--Cheetah?

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
You think that the animals are probably spread out more or less evenly between all three environments; you're pretty sure that it takes a bit of energy to produce them, and they would want to get maiximum benefit from the effort.

Qik

First Post
Ni greets all of the professors rapturously, then heads into the Reality Machine with Heinrich, riding atop his now-winged Lu.

Ni takes in the environment with wide eyes. "How fantastic to find a fictitious fantasy for engagement! It's boggling!" The gnome shakes his head. Lu looks bored, and none too happy about its new role as transport to Ni. The gnome doesn't seem to notice, or perhaps, doesn't care to.

Ni closes in on the writing as it appears on the safe, eyes narrowing inspectorially. "Hmm..." he muses. "What are we dealing with here?"

[sblock=OOC]I'll get caught up on my shopping/leveling one of these days, I swear. For now, we'll just roll with Ni's stats as they stand.

Scott: your guesses sound good, especially the blink dog, however, I'm sure we have to solve these IC, not OOC! I'll roll one Know roll (+ Guidance) for Ni; that'll cover Arcana/Nature/Planes/Religion. I can roll multiple if you like, but I thought this way was easier for starters. If we have trouble, we can always see if there's something helpful in the library.

Edit: Ugh, a 4. Scott, you could roll what Knowledges Heinrich has, and we could count this as Aid Another (although I'm not sure if you can do that retroactively...).[/sblock]

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 5/5
- 2: DC 18; 3/3

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

sunshadow21

Explorer
Basically I am approaching this as the library gives your characters the same kind of research capabilities as you the player, while knowledge checks help give hints and confirmation. After a bit of thought and research, you reach the following conclusions:

Mighty beast, yet food and prey as well <-- large herd herbivore of some kind, strong enough that they aren't immediately attacked if caught alone, but not strong enough that predators leave them alone

Now you see this canine, now you don't <-- Blink dog? -- yeah

A light in the dark <-- Fire beetle? -- yeah

When danger comes, these creatures dance away from it <-- this suggests a higher level of intelligence and use of tactics than that of a normal animal, also suggests a creature that tries to avoid combat

Tooth and claw aid this mighty beast survive a harsh land <--Lion? Hell hound? -- suggests a creature near the top of the food chain that has both tooth and claw attacks, harsh land suggests the frozen north environment, it being the most unforgiving to maintain basic survival in

Scavenger of the hot wastes <--Hyena? -- yeah

Cold and distant, this creature can sicken any they meet <-- something that would feel at home in the frozen north that has some kind of attack that can sicken foes

A hunter of the savannah, cunning and patience is this solo artists
stock and trade <--Cheetah? -- that or leopard, you aren't really sure which

Scott DeWar

OOC: its been a new day, so H. is gonna have different spells. I will post here as wll as change his sheet. I finally have a working playing the game thread, as I got some expert IT help. otherwise, this post is in progress

**What do you want for a stat block?

[sblock=spell info]
0 Level
* Resistance
* Detect Magic
* open/close
* acid splash

Level 01
* magic missile
* Feather Fall
* Burning Hands(ev,E,*)
* comp lang
* enlarge person

Level 02
* Levitate
* Knock
* scorching ray (ev,E)
* Resist Energy

LEVEL 3
* Fire ball (**,ev,E)
* Dispel magic
* Haste

notes
( - ) denotes a cast spell
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power

spells per level:

Level 0: 4 =4
Level 1: 3+1(Int)+1(Fire)=4+1 +1 recallable (pearl of power)
Level 2: 2+1(Int)+1(Fire)=3+1 +1 recallable (pearl of power)
Level 3: 1+1(Int)+1(Fire)=2+1
Level 4: 0+1(Int)+1(fire)=0

Firejett 0 of 7 used dc 16
[/sblock]

[sblock=puzzle info:]
-A-Mighty beast, yet food and prey as well <-- large herd herbivore of some kind, strong enough that they aren't immediately attacked if caught alone, but not strong enough that predators leave them alone

cow/bull?

**Now you see this canine, now you don't <-- Blink dog? -- yeah

**A light in the dark <-- Fire beetle? -- yeah

-B-When danger comes, these creatures dance away from it <-- this suggests a higher level of intelligence and use of tactics than that of a normal animal, also suggests a creature that tries to avoid combat

Kobold/goblin?

-C-Tooth and claw aid this mighty beast survive a harsh land <--Lion? Hell hound? -- suggests a creature near the top of the food chain that has both tooth and claw attacks, harsh land suggests the frozen north environment, it being the most unforgiving to maintain basic survival in

winter wolf? Bear?

**Scavenger of the hot wastes <--Hyena? -- yeah

-D-Cold and distant, this creature can sicken any they meet <-- something that would feel at home in the frozen north that has some kind of attack that can sicken foes

-E-A hunter of the savannah, cunning and patience is this solo artists
stock and trade <--Cheetah? -- that or leopard, you aren't really sure which
[/sblock]

Knowledge skill info:
Knowledge c(Arcana) 12
Knowledge c(Dngnrng) 9
Knowledge c(Engnrng) 12
Knowledge c(Geography) 13
Knowledge c(History) 9
Knowledge c(Local) 4
Knowledge c(Nature) 9
Knowledge c(Nobility) 4
Knowledge c(Planes) 9
Knowledge c(Religion) 4

vV tht is 12 with the aid another Vv

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Don't forget that they on the summon monster list level 1 through 4 or one of the alternate lists for those levels. Also, a lot of them that most of them you do have tend to either hint at specific abilities or attacks that the creature has.

So far:
? (cow/bull is close; look for a savannah equivalent)
Blink Dog
Fire Beetle
? (Kobold is actually fairly close; clever, avoiding combat whenever possible, not a bad guess, but not on the summon monster list; it occurs to you that given the environments provided and your experiences to date, it could be a fey of some kind, as that would be more likely to be on the list and most fey avoid combat whenever possible)
Grizzly Bear (I'll give it to you; a close examination of the list would have given you the specific type)
Hyena
? (something in the northern environment, has an ability that sickens foes)
Cheetah/Leopard

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases