[LPF] School Days

Qik

First Post
As Ni and Heinrich discuss the possible creatures fitting the riddles before them, the gnome variously shifts, paces, scrunches his nose, and rubs his hairless chin. Lu attempts to swallow a nearby cherry, looking both confused and perturbed when the virtual fruit fails to deliver in the taste department. After trying and failing to chew on some virtual grass, the eidolon lays itself down with a sigh, dejected.

"Let's see here, 'mighty beast' - Auroch, perhaps? I've never called on them, but I can see how one could easily enough."

"Hmm, 'sicken.' Well, I can think of a few beings of the abyss that can magically sicken, but somehow I get the feeling that that's not what we're looking for here,"
says the gnome, waving around to the more conventional environments around them.

"'When danger comes, these dance away from it'..." The gnome's eyes squint in concentration, before snapping open as a possibility comes to mind. "Wait! A grig...?" he inflects into a question, uncertain as to whether he's correct or not. The gnome scrambles off into the library, where he retrieves an deceptively dusty book. The gnome returns, flipping through pages. "Let's see, let's see, it says here that grigs are forest creatures." The gnome looks to the opening with the twilight lit forest beyond, and then to Heinrich. "What say we investigate in there, and solve the rest of these later? I'd quite like to meet a grig, even a not-real one. Although..." The gnome trails off, beginning to get caught up in the philosophical trappings accompanying the notion of an unreal fey creature. Trying not to get too sidetracked, the gnome mounts Lu and heads towards the opening.

[sblock=OOC]To translate: I'd guess the first is an Auroch, and the "dancing away" creature is a grig. Not sure what the remaining one could be: a dretch can sicken, but the environment isn't right.

What say we head into the mystical forest, and solve the last one later?[/sblock]

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Auroch and Grig are correct. If you want, you can start with environments; you know that the only one you don't know is probably the frozen north, so you could easily do either of the other 2.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: arrrrgh! sorry! been sleepy lazy tired lately. been awake all night for the last two nights.

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yeah don't sweat it Scott. It's not like I've been posting loads or anything. :p[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]As long as you guys are fine with the pace, I'm not worried. I like the occasional slower paced game. And one final clue on the remaining creature; a sickening ability is probably kind of area effect, as those are far more common than targeted attacks that inflict that particular condition.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
As they advance towards the gateway, something clicks in Ni's mind. "Wonder if the sick-thing is a goblin dog? Those things give the nastiest itch." Ni looks to Lu and Lu shudders at an unarticulated memory. Ni looks to Heinrich. "Lu ran into a goblin dog once. Not pretty."

[sblock=OOC]That's good to know, ss. I'm very appreciative of you putting the time in to put this together for me, so I want to make sure you're happy with things. I'm fine with the pace. Hopefully things relax on my end a bit relatively soon, and I'm able to post more regularly, but I'm happy with things being leisurely.

Goblin dog seems a reasonable guess for the last creature.[/sblock]

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

Scott DeWar

[sblock=OOC]I agree with the g. dog thang.
edit: right after I posted that I envisioned this scene . . . . .
A hobgoblin walks past the goblin camp and sees a goblindog at a sentry point-

'sup G. Dawg?
Ain't nutin' but a thang esse
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Heinrich moves up and down the shelves, to the balcony to the second level of books, searching across the titles until he finds one.

"Aha! ict fand es!" He climbs down so fast he almost jumps to the floor. He continues by reading and flipping pages furiously until he gets to a page of a flying creature

"Glecias Mephistus Pestulum. Ist known also as Ice Mephit!" He exclaims at last.

OOC: Sorry Boss Sunshadow21, I have been doing the wrong kind of searches for these critters. That is what took so long.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases