[LPF] School Days

Qik

First Post
Ni nods his head vigorously in agreement. "Yes yes yes yes, bizarre to the utmostlyness. We're searching to open a locked safe, and we have reason to believe that one of the keys to this safe may be in you or your kin's possession." He blinks innocently. "Have you any idea what we are talking about? Perhaps the object is in your possession and you don't even know it?"

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster III: 11/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 6/6
- 2: DC 18; 4/4

Active Magic:
- None

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Perhaps if you tell me more about this safe and why you think that we would have a key to it, I could be of more help. I'm called Ari, by the way." The grig settles down on a leaf near the ground where she can listen to the full story.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich reaches in his pack and draws out a bottle of wine. He pops the cork and takes a swig, pauses and then offers some to the grig.

Qik

First Post
Ni nods. "It's my pleasure, Ari."

"As to your other questions..."
The gnome pauses, head cocked to one side in thought. "Well, Ari, this safe is connected to a knowledge of various creatures. Creatures one can call upon, one can conjure out of the seemingly-inanimate. I'm not sure of the connection, but it is there. Your kind is one such creature, Ari - I have called upon them myself once or twice, mostly for conversation. I admire the courage of grigs, and their capacity for enjoying life. Very, very fond of that quality."

"So, anyway, your kind is connected to this safe through its capacity to be called upon in times of need, which is why we believe you have an appropriate and applicable key."
Ni stops, blinking. "Is any of this making sense?"

[sblock=OOC]Depending on how this conversation goes, I might have Ni summon a grig. Talking to his own kind may help convince Ari.[/sblock]

Spells:

Active Magic:
- None

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ari gladly accepts Heinrich's offer as she listens. At the conclusion, "I'm afraid it makes little sense to me, but perhaps the village elder will be able to understand it better. Hold on a second while I go see if I can't get her to come and ponder this situation." She disappears, and maybe 15 minutes later, she returns with another grig, who looks to be almost exactly the same age. "Greetings, strangers, I am Yona, and Ari tells me you have a rather unusual puzzle to solve. I am familiar with the capability of being summoned, but how precisely does this safe of yours fit into that ability?"

Scott DeWar

Heinrich offers the wine to the new grig. He looks at Ni and nods for him to take lead again. He knows he is way out of his league here.

Qik

First Post
"It is my deepest pleasure, Yona," greets Ni with a bow. "Thank you for meeting with us."

"The keys to the safe we are seeking to open are in possession of creatures that are capable of being called upon in the way that your kind may be. Once we identified which types of creatures possessed these keys, we were able to travel to meet with them in their home environment. As I told Ari, we are confident that your community is in possession of one of these keys."
Ni pauses, blinks, waiting for the elder grig's response.

Spells:

Active Magic:
- None

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3

Scott DeWar

OOC: attempt at aid another

"Vee are not sure vhat vee look fur, So help of any kind vould be graciously appreciated."

OOC: *facepalm* never mind, the dice hate me.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The 'elder' grig ponders the thought for a while before disappearinng, and reemerging some time later with a simple brass key. On the small handle section is the small picture of a grig.

OOC: One down, 7 to go.

[sblock=rewards]Experience
Grig CR 1 400 xp total/200 xp each[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases