Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Jemal

Adventurer
As a reminder, Whether you were together before the lich is up to you guys, but the LICH adventure is the most recent thing that happened, ending within the last.. month or so, and by the end of it you should all be working together (except raven, who works in elsewhere).

Jemal

Adventurer
Alright, First off :
[MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION]
I hope your lack of posting since my response is just a coincidence or that you're busy. I do enjoy gaming with you and hope you didn't take my words too personally, I can get a bit defensive and argumentative about.. certain things. Hope you're still around.

NOW:

VV - you say you added some int to Tutek, but your sheet in the RG hasn't been changed since it's initial post.
I'm Assuming you take the int up by 1, for a total of 14 (18 pts being the max it can be before mods), which would give you still 2 left over.
I'd suggest just finishing maxing your strength.

If you've got a little gold left over, I'd highly suggest upping your +4 constitution tome to a +5. It's 27,500 gp and while it doesn't give you an immediate benefit, it will help you if you ever plan on adding more to your con. (Changing from a +4 to a +5 inherent bonus later is very expensive).
I'm also surprised you didn't buy an inherent STR bonus.

A note: Potions of reduce/enlarge person will have no effect on Tutek, as he is not humanoid. One of the downsides to playing nonstandard races.

As for your Chained Sorcerer inteligent item, I don't think a purpose of slaying arcane casters will fit with all the arcane in your party, so hows about we say DIVINE casters.. It was they who imprisoned him, for trying to steal the gods magic for himself (Using arcane power to cast supposedly 'divine' spells).
And to go with that, his special power will be Harm (Item may choose to cast on hit), though he only uses it on Divine casters and those who are protecting them from him.
150 HP damage, Will DC 20 for half.

That work for you? As far as personality, basically what you had thought sounds good for me, add in a bit of obsession with the divine maybe.

Also you don't have a greater power picked for him.

Jemal

Adventurer
Pretty good. :) Clarification: does he still use the +4 from Improved Trip (or increased size for that matter) on the opposed str check? What about somebody Bull Rushed into a wall or other obstacle, does that allow a (simple) Trip attempt as well?
*Found the quote about size:
RE: Knockback - I've read the feat now, and would be willing to allow it to you, but keep in mind that since you aren't actually large, you do not get the large size bonus to the strength check.
Yes to the +4, but Ur isn't large. I'm fairly certain I specified that you could take knockback as though you were large, but would NOT be getting the size bonuses.
*EDIT: After writing this I went through the character sheet and noticed the expansion power. If that's what you were talking about then yes, the size bonuses from that would work. My Apologies.

As far as the wall thing, no it would not allow a trip check. They're stumbling backwards into/over people, wheras a wall is big and solid behind them. Circumstantially if you push them over obstacles/terrain, but that'll be case by case.

I'm sort of hoping you'll give out AC and Str bonuses on our opponents so I can work out the effects of Ur's attacks in my posts. Else it's going to be a lot of "If pushed back at least 10' into *that* guy's square, then trip attempt and use remaining attacks on this other guy. If pushed back just 5', then, etc, etc".
That's what knowledge checks and Trial/Error are for. If I gave out their stats at the beginning that would allow PC's the ability to calculate their best odds of success with different attack forms.

Using your example, a simple if/or is fairly easy "I push him back as far as I can, if I make it to guy X, I'll do A, otherwise I'll do B" I don't see much of a problem for multiple actions, it's kind of a pass/fail thing, so A/B should work. If you think you absolutely have to know the outcome of an action to decide the rest of your turn, then just post up to that action and State you have to wait for the result before you can continue.

As far as stats, your character looks GTG.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri -
Not a bad AC. Ima have to actually try to hit you. ;)

Not sure how you got your charisma score. Were you adding 5 lvl points? You only get one every 5 lvls, so would only have +4.

Couple background questions:
Is Iridex a different Undead, or is that the name you've been using for the Lich I've been talking about (He's actually a character in the setting)

Do you have any problems with me using Pizair the blind as a recurring NPC?

**There's a lot of background stuff scattered throughout this thread! I'm really looking forward to this, guys. :D

Jemal

Adventurer
Scott -
Looks good as far as I can see. Spells are right, though wondering why you have Elemental Body listed as Elemental Body III - I'm assuming it's just the Elemental body spell from Spell Compendium, right?

Most of your wands seem fairly redundant and weak.. CL 3 body of the sun? 1d4 damage/round for 3 rounds doesn't seem worth an action. You could slap someone harder than that. Acid Arrow has the same problem - It'll deal 2d4/round for 2 rounds..
lvl 5 Lightning bolt might be useful but seems highly circumstantial.
Considering your acid splatter feat, you don't even need these wands as 'backup damage' for use when you don't want to expend your spells.

Personally I'd drop what you have spent on wands and potions and buy a Bag of Random Stuff. If you need any circumstantial spells, you can always just pull a scroll/potion out of the bag. Sure it costs more, but not enough of a difference to justify buying so many potions/wands (Unless you plan on using them very frequently).

My main problem is the potion of cure mod - It's about the worst healing item you can get. Cure light is better for between-fight healing, b/c it's much more cost efficient, and if you want the potions for quick healing IN fight, then you should be going with cure critical, b/c the 2d8+3 of cure mod isn't going to be near enough, especially at this level, to validate using a precious action drinking it. It's kinda the 'worst of both worlds'.

*ALSO: Potion of featherfall is a bit weird.. The point of feather fall is 'oh crap i'm falling *Cast*', I don't see it working too well as a potion.. Draw & Drink takes time, unless you KNOW you're going to be falling and use it ahead of time, or you fall more than 200 feet, you won't have time to use it.

Jemal

Adventurer
K, I'm off to bed, Would someone be able to gather the background stuff into a rough timeline of what happened when and who joined who where?
I'm having trouble following all of it.

Shayuri

First Post
Not a bad AC. Ima have to actually try to hit you. ;)

-- Hehe, the Ascetic Monk build always has a high AC just because it links AC to the spellcasting stat. It's a major component of the defense, reducing reliance on buffing spells.

Not sure how you got your charisma score. Were you adding 5 lvl points? You only get one every 5 lvls, so would only have +4.

-- I'll doublecheck my math...very possible I made a mistake. EDIT - Update! I did. Her Charisma is 33 until level 20. Thanks for the catch, Jemal!

Couple background questions:
Is Iridex a different Undead, or is that the name you've been using for the Lich I've been talking about (He's actually a character in the setting
)

-- Iridex is the name I made up for the arch-lich. I will replace it with the real name of the NPC with your permission.

Do you have any problems with me using Pizair the blind as a recurring NPC?

-- Not at all! That's one reason I like fleshing out items and backgrounds in games like this. Experienced characters have these people they've dealt with in the past...that helps keep them from being reduced to 'just bigger sets of bonuses.'

**There's a lot of background stuff scattered throughout this thread! I'm really looking forward to this, guys.

-- Me too! We're still kind of hammering out the details of our collective background and the sequence of events leading up to the confrontation with the Lich.

Since the lich is somewhat predefined, it would help if you could give us some information about him, and our fight with him. Where would he have been located, and what was his evil plot? Or if you're okay with us cobbling that together, just let us know. :)

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Voda,

This is my breakdown of your equipment. Am I missing something?

28,000 Mithral fullplate of speed
255,550 Sendesemcal the Chained Sorceror: +5 Intelligent Mighty Cleaving Spiked Chain of Shock, Spell Storing and Wounding
25 Spiked Chain
32,316 +2 Returning Throwing Axe of Distance
36,000 Amulet of health +6
50,000 Gloves of natural armor +5
110,000 Manual of bodily health +4, read.
Ioun Stones:
8,000 Deep red
30,000 Pale green
5,000 Dusty rose

25,000 Ring of evasion
36,000 Boots of striding and springing
2,200 Ring of Feather falling
Potions:
1,500 Heroism x2
1,000 Reduce person x4
1,000 Enlarge Person x4
1,500 Invisibility x5

36,000 Belt of giant strength +6
25,000 Cloack of resistance +5
110 Everburning torch
Bed roll
10 Tent
-------

Notes:
Cost for Boots of Striding and springing are incorrect
Cost for Gloves of Natural armor incorrect (due to slot affinity), can easily rectify it by making it a shirt of natural armor

Jemal

Adventurer
Shay - Also I misspoke, it IS one every 4 lvls, but you only get 4. I was thinking of the 5 you get for a full 20 lvls. Same end though.

I have been planning on posting up a bunch of info, wanted to get the characters gone over first, though.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
lost internet access for an hour. blech

Scott -
Looks good as far as I can see. Spells are right, though wondering why you have Elemental Body listed as Elemental Body III - I'm assuming it's just the Elemental body spell from Spell Compendium, right?

If you are referring to the links/ spell descriptions, then yes. because there is no link to use, I posted the base description from the lower spell for information only.

Most of your wands seem fairly redundant and weak..

omitted wands and potions

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases