Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

kinem

Adventurer
... do any of you worship specific deities or causes, and if so, how devoutly?

Braham nominally follows the four genie gods of the elements, as he is thought to have some genie blood, but not very devoutly. They don't take much interest in mortal affairs, and he mainly just invokes their names for casual curses and good natured blasphemy.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Shayuri: Don't you usually have to have a patron to get in with that kind of croud? (just a suggestion for a possible "deity").

Coinage: I usually assume for simplicity that Adventurers can be carrying whatever form/denomination/amount of coins they wish on or about their person. I'm not fond of keeping track of 'i have 258 platinum, 1003 gold, 3521 silver, and 245 copper'
Let me rephrase my question then: Say Ur has put *all* his wealth into his Beltpouch of Random Stuff, not a solitary copper piece left on his listed gear. But then, he is suddenly in need of 200gp to pay for 'damages incured while in a friendly tousle with an ice giant'. Assuming he agrees with the claim, can he pull the 200gp from his Beltpouch of Random Stuff, and if so, does he substract 200 or 400gp from it's stored capacity?

Binder, where's this Ring/belt of divine might from?
Made it up using DMG rules: Base spell Divine Might (4th Cleric) X CL 20 X 1 800 gp (Standard action "prayer" to activate) X 3/5 for 3 daily activations, 20 rounds each = 86 400 gp... Hope I got that right?

Thanks for Knockback, by the way, and I don't think you have to worry about Shock Trooper: not enough Feat slots! (The monk and Psychic Fists are really Feat starved!)

On a related tack, I would have liked to have time to put a little IC bones on the bare stats, but anyways: I've pasted my Character in Progress in the rogue's gallery for review/comment (I'll swap-in Knockback when I have time to optimize). Was hoping to finish it this week-end, actually, but I've just learned that I'm leaving tomorrow for an emergency fill-in in the field (other geo had to leave for the hospital). I'll should be back next Tuesday, so I hope that won't delay game start too much?

Quick notes: Gloves of Arrows snaring, greater are just a 5/day version of their "lesser" 2/day cousin (multiplied cost by 2.5 to get rid of the original 2/5 divider). All items with multiple powers have the secondary power cost X1.5. Hope I don't have to pay the "inapropriate body slot" penalty on any of the substitutions I've made, as they all seem to fit thematically with their powers to me (paid the X2 cost "takes no body slot" modifier for the two item that, to my mind, didn't (Circlet of Rapid Casting and Empowerd Spell Shard)).

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
BF - I'm gonna say it costs double to take currency out of the bag, b/c otherwise there's no reason not to throw every extra penny in there.

I only allow custom made items by characters that make the items themselves.

Scott -
I am a bit limited on time, but, didn't getting a deal at the byzzarr bazzar have repercussions or ramifications?

Shirt
neat thing about that +1 is that it is there for any armor class!

type b haversack:
so, I 'load it with 20,000 gp
I need an adamentine dagger, mundane item, so 3002 gp. done for now, so put in in the un packed half of storage

i run out of +1 arrows so [normal cost:230x gp for 50] so my cost would be 460x gp. put in efficient quiver, kill mean monster.

NOW, do i got it?
I wouldn't trust any 'deals' you get there, but not every merchant is going to try to screw you. It's basically a giant trading ground.
The +1 from your shirt isn't to 'any' amour class, armour bonuses don't apply to touch ac. (Your mage armour wouldn't either, also being an armour bonus, though as a force effect it does apply to *Incorporeal* Touch ac.

Haversack : Almost. Adamantine isn't mundane, though, so would be double.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Scott -
I wouldn't trust any 'deals' you get there, but not every merchant is going to try to screw you. It's basically a giant trading ground.
The +1 from your shirt isn't to 'any' amour class, armour bonuses don't apply to touch ac. (Your mage armour wouldn't either, also being an armour bonus, though as a force effect it does apply to *Incorporeal* Touch ac.

Haversack : Almost. Adamantine isn't mundane, though, so would be double.

deals - I was just thinking of the 'deals' they got in the books is all

shirt - will fix that

haversack - got it

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I'm gonna say it costs double to take currency out of the bag, b/c otherwise there's no reason not to throw every extra penny in there.

Makes sense, it's true.

I only allow custom made items by characters that make the items themselves.

(??). That seems like a peculiar restriction for a 20th level character, with supposedly a long history behind him. If it doesn't exist, can't he simply have it made? If he's willing to pay a fair price for it (as, you know, defined by the DMG), shouldn't he evetually find somebody willing to make it for him?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ok, how about this:
I have listed items that won't fill but 10% of the haversack, items he has collected thus far such as expensive material components, we'll say. He has recently "refilled" the haversack for the amount I will determine shortly and list in the content break down at the bottom of the character sheet.

Jemal

Adventurer
BF - the restriction is for balance. The item creation chart is notoriously and hilariously broken, and I only allow its usage by people who are willing to spend feats and XP, and even then it's case by case.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases