Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
In an adversarial capacity (pre their second meeting at the begining of the Great Drought adventure)? That could be fun. :D

(Agreed on the mountain placement. Makes sense.)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
POLYtheism! got it.

The mountains would be a natural rain shadow to have caused the desert. think of the San Bernadino/San Andreas/ Sierra Nevada ranges and the Mohave,Senora deserts.

Jemal

Adventurer
ENWorld's acting up on me tonight, but I'm trying to get over the characters numbers today/tomorrow.

How's everybody feel they're doing? Pretty much ready to start? Need anything more from me other than number checking?

Voda Vosa

First Post
Voda,

I was looking at the characters and your equipment cost looked wrong to me. I added it up and I got 653,711, which is considerably less than the alloted amount for a 20th level character. Anyway, I could be wrong and I missed something in your format (btw you have the cost for the boots of striding and springing wrong. )

Also, I am not sure I understand how you have your stats allocated. If I understand correctly there is a base 10, with 30 stat points (not stat buy) to distribute. As near as I can tell, your base buy looks like:

Str 36 (16 Base +10 Race +4 Level +6 Enhancement)
Dex 16 (18 Base -4 Race +2 Enhancement)
Con 14 (14 Base +4 Race +4 Inherent +6 Enhancement)
Int 13 (17 Base -4 Race)
Wis 10 (10 Base)
Cha 8 (12 Base -4 Race)

Which is 27 points. Again, I could be wrong here. just seeing discrepency and thought I should mention it, since it would be in your favor to change it

Thanks! I completely missed that out. I'll check.

Binder Fred

Ur is ready and willing!

Just waiting on that clarification on the modified Shock Trooper feat... I don't suppose I could choose to follow after a sucessful Knockback attempt, could I? That would be extra sweet (and very action film-y :)). Other than that I'm set.

I think I will slightly tweak his background though to 1. Make him a native of Rauland's back-country instead of an as-yet-undescribed dwarven nation under-the-mountain (let's say the hills of Alsion, were the Sounding Wall is located) and 2. change the origin of the Diary of CorAl to the lair of Shayuri's Iridex villain. Shayuri, would the original description fit? "This tiny book was found laying on a coffee table in the rather eclectic and bizarre mountain-top lair of a mad [lich] lord"? I'm thinking this could be back on a trip/quest to the Eternal Empire, with Zann being a God/Goddess from your Mythos (would need to rename her last earthly incarnation in that case, of course, as Corianna Alderan doesn't sound very Empire-y). What do you think? To fit with Ur's power progression, this would have been around level 10-11 (just before he started taking Psychic Fist levels). They don't need to have defeated him then, just broken into (one of?) his lair. :)

Last call on names for the adventuring party! Last call!

Binder Fred

Ur's Uncany Upstarts? :p

How about we make Gilgamesh Rauland's king? (We have gods as demi-Gods, no reason not to have a demi-god in training as our king, right? :)). He'd sit in his capital town of Enki, further along the coast and a bit inland from Gerard's city. He and his sons would have played a major role in the liberation/invasion of Kadrath during the Great Draught adventure. His love of life and fear of death (when not actually in combat) would probably have made him a supporter of Gerard's anti-undead organization as well (though they would have to steer him away from undeath as a path to immortality, as that would probably be a temptation for him (that might be one of the party's first sniffs/first contacts with the concept of Iridex the Lich, through one of his roaming cults (arriving by boat to Gerard's city, implanting themselves and gaining the ear of the King through one of the King's son slumming in the city?))).

Speaking of Gerard's city, how about giving it its own protecting God/Gods a la "Gods of Lankhmar" from the Fafhrf and the Grey Mouser stories, [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]? (i.e. "sleeping" Gods (very physically sleeping in/under the city/in an abandonned temple without priests?) that awaken only in defense of the city or when the citizens need reminding about regular worship and sacrifices). If we're keeping a bit with the Babylonian/Sumerian theme set by Gilgamesh, these guys could be the Seven Sages of legend, which gave civilization and culture to Rauland. These guys have fishy themes (torso of a fish), but this can easily be changed if you want another animal/theme, Scott, and they link well with the idea that your city might have (much) older roots. There could even be a yearly kingly pilgrimmage/grand ceremony/procession to the temple so the king can "consult the Sages on the year to come".

For an actual God of Rauland, I've been thinking, since Scott doesn't seem tohave a preference. How about Thor, the fierce-eyed, red-haired and red-bearded God of storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing, healing and fertility. In this universe he is also known as the Crippled God due to extensive scarring on his right side, including the loss of his right eye and right hand during his original conquest of the elemental Titans (some confusion/melding with Odin and Tyr?). Thor Invictus wields *his* hammer with his left hand. He is the prime deity worshipped by Ur and Gilgamesh and the one who raised the other Rauland deities to Godhood -- or so the (varied and quite entertaining) stories go. :)

What do you guys think?

Shayuri

First Post
...2. change the origin of the Diary of CorAl to the lair of Shayuri's Iridex villain. Shayuri, would the original description fit? "This tiny book was found laying on a coffee table in the rather eclectic and bizarre mountain-top lair of a mad [lich] lord"? I'm thinking this could be back on a trip/quest to the Eternal Empire, with Zann being a God/Goddess from your Mythos (would need to rename her last earthly incarnation in that case, of course, as Corianna Alderan doesn't sound very Empire-y). What do you think?

The description works fine, sure. My sense is that the whole lich affair took place in Rauland though, since Mei's backstory is that she didn't return to the Empire until after it all completed.

As for the reality of Zann...if he's involved with the lich quest, no need to say he's in the celestial court. But he could be. Heck, Corianna could even be a name he or she is known by in Rauland as well. Nothing says the gods can't be more cosmopolitan than their followers.

Binder Fred

Shayuri said:
My sense is that the whole lich affair took place in Rauland though, since Mei's backstory is that she didn't return to the Empire until after it all completed.
Well, how about this: The Lich adventure might have begun in Rauland with the Storm King adventure, at the conclusion of which clues pointing towards the Eternal Empire were uncovered as the PCs were drawn East by a chase scene through the desert with many near misses, hit-and-run ambushes and sudden twists as we pursued the badly beaten Storm King himself (and the last of his monstrous retinue). We run him to ground at the very gates of the empire, with the quest ending *in* the Empire with the finding and then the destruction of his Lich lord and master (a (culture-shock) adventure unto itself) -- at which point the next adventure would have been Mei Ying's Good Name adventure (restauring her tradition's good name in the Empire (some interesting politicing/high-court action there, I imagine :))), followed by a short adventure through Braham's desert on our way back (ideas [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION]?), followed by the Great Draught adventure when we got back to Rauland and found that the situation had gone a bit downhill since our leaving.

I rather like the idea of an "oriental" flavored Zann tradition (fits well with the monk theme and the idea of adventurers as cross-cultural vectors), so wherever Ur winds up finding the book (Rauland or the Empire -- maybe in a deserted, eerily quiet "summer" mountain island lair of Iridex's in Rauland, with only traps, oozes and incorporeal servants/guards eternaly waiting?), we can always say that its ideas originally came from the east. The book's author could be the last earthly incarnation of Zann before ascending, an incarnation of an already Godly eastern Zann, or just a Zann-inspired prophetess depending on who you ask (Ur, with his Rauland outlook, would of course favor option 1). Her name is, and always has been, Ciana An Dailiang ("Peaceful Jade of the Great Bridge")... Acceptable/interresting?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases