Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest! (Closed)

Which Setting would you prefer Jemal to DM?

• Meh, Neither grabs my attention.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Wrahn

First Post
I'd like that.
I still have to resolve the money left over. I really don't know what to do with that 300k leftover. Suggestions are appreciated.

137,500 +5 Inherent Bonus to Strength
53,300 Ring of Protection +5 and Feather falling (net cost 51,100)
19,750 Boots of Speed and Striding and Springing (net cost -16,250)
121,300 +5 Large Mithral Full Plate of Heavy Fortification (Net cost 93,300)

That is 265,650

Further suggestions:

Change the gloves of natural armor to a shirt of natural armor.
Gloves affinity is for quickness, Shirt is for physical improvement. Technically the cost for glove of natural armor should be 75,000 (x1.5 for cross affinity) but switching it to the shirt/vest slot keeps the 50,000 cost and you don't have anything in that slot

You may want to consider a luck stone to further boost your saves

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ok. Then I think I'll go for just the Ring of Returning (which right now allows him to bat spells and arrows back to their original owners ;)). Captured from Cali-Anna, the most ninja-like/darkness-based of the female dragoons (say the Third one, one of the two we defeated in Kadrath?).

Two questions re the Power, Jemal, if I can?

1. Does it have a distinctive feel, either when using it yourself, it being used *on* you or just used by another in the vicinity? Can you tell when it's being used instead of magic, for example?

2. Can it do anything arcane or divine magics can't, or is it more like a huge power source that can be shaped however the user wants?

Not really a question, more of an suggestion/brain storming with my fellow players, but what if we were seeking the Power for more specific reasons than just to attempt to keep it out of the wrong hands (a worthy goal in and of itself, granted)? We could go Global Catastrophe with "ONLY the POWER can saaave us!" </TV evangelist voice>. Ur could go for a "Ultimate Law is Ultimate Good" approach, but with so many chaotics/freedom-lovers in the party, that probably won't work... Is there anything that we could want that *only* ultimate power would give us?

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
What if the ultimate power was connected to 'concordant opposition? ultimate balance = ultimate power.

feeling a bit better then yesterday when this happened . taking max Vicodin right now.

kinem

Adventurer
Braham's souvenir will be his Fell Amulet (amulet of con +6 and wis +6 and natural armor +5 and greater fell power (+2d6 to eldritch blast)).

Scott DeWar

There was a headband worn by the Lich:
headband of mental superiority 144,000 GP Body slot: head
+6 to int, wis, cha

something of note is:

a) The headband grants the wearer an enhancement bonus to all mental ability scores (Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma) of +2, +4, or +6. Treat this as a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the headband is worn. The headband also grants skill ranks as a headband of vast intelligence.

and

b) a headband of vast intelligence has one skill associated with it per +2 bonus it grants. After being worn for 24 hours, the headband grants a number of skill ranks in those skills equal to the wearer's total Hit Dice. These ranks do not stack with the ranks a creature already possesses. These skills are chosen when the headband is created. If no skill is listed, the headband is assumed to grant skill ranks in randomly determined Knowledge skills.

[emphasis mine]
What if the knowledge the band has is in association with what we are in search of on this quest? Knowledge planes-perhaps a living knowledge?

Jemal

Adventurer
Scott - That's a pathfinder thing, in 3.5 int boosting items do neither of those things. That would cost extra if you'd like it as an ad-hoc thing, or perhaps something it could gain as it 'powers up'.
Edit - Actually, the second half could be done by making it an Intelligent item, and giving the item knowledge skills. This would be fairly interesting, an intelligence born of the Power, and a plot device I could use.)
[sblock=intelligent item]
Intelligent Items are allowed (In fact, I encourage at least one in the party), but with the following caveats:
Any intelligent item will have: 18 in one mental stat, 16 in another, 14 in the third; 3 lesser powers, 1 or 2 greater powers; 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense, and hearing, Speech, Telepathy with wielder; AND a special purpose. Base price of +10,000GP + powers. You will NOT have to pay the special power cost (But see below).
Also, if it's your weapon, it can be a special material (Adamantine, Cold iron, etc) as a free upgrade.

Player picks the Lesser/Greater powers and stat distribution. (Alignment will be same as Character)
DM picks the personality, Languages, and special purpose/power UNLESS the character made the item with the appropriate Item Creation Feat. (Don't worry I wont screw you over.). We'll decide between us who roleplays the item.
How about the headband was forged out of the last of Iridex's humanity when the power destroyed his empire and transformed him into the archlich?
You could take two lesser powers as knowledges (Planar, Arcane), whatever greater power you want, and I'd give it a Special purpose trying to prevent the same catastrophe from happening again, and I'll figure out a unique special power for it. The total would add 20,000GP plus whatever cost of the greater power you choose.
What u think?[/sblock]

Kinem - Excellent, I like one of them being warlocky, we'll say that was the one you defeated while taking back Kadrath.

BF - I'm great with it being from a 'ninja/darkness' one, but I'd suggest making it the one from the Eternal Empire to suit the ninja-ness.

1. Does it have a distinctive feel, either when using it yourself, it being used *on* you or just used by another in the vicinity? Can you tell when it's being used instead of magic, for example?

2. Can it do anything arcane or divine magics can't, or is it more like a huge power source that can be shaped however the user wants?

1. If you were attuned to it you could tell the difference, and divination's react different to it, but it doesn't have any 'passive' feel to it.
Anyone with spellcraft would be able to tell the difference between a standard spell and one enhanced with the Power.

2. You guys aren't quite sure yet, your knowledge of it is still very limited. This is as much about finding out WHAT it is as how to get it.
Though you're certain it's capable of much more than standard arcane/divine powers.

Not really a question, more of an suggestion/brain storming with my fellow players, but what if we were seeking the Power for more specific reasons than just to attempt to keep it out of the wrong hands (a worthy goal in and of itself, granted)? We could go Global Catastrophe with "ONLY the POWER can saaave us!" </TV evangelist voice>. Ur could go for a "Ultimate Law is Ultimate Good" approach, but with so many chaotics/freedom-lovers in the party, that probably won't work... Is there anything that we could want that *only* ultimate power would give us?

Actually I'd rather not give you a "We MUST get the power" push b/c I was hoping part of the campaign would revolve around the differing views of whether the Power should be used, or guarded/possibly destroyed so it CAN'T be used.

So far we've got a Headband and Cage from the lich, the Fell Amulet from the Warlock Dragoon, the Staff and Glasses from the Storm Dragoon, and the ring from the Ninja Dragoon.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Scott - That's a pathfinder thing, in 3.5 int items do neither of those things. That would cost extra if you'd like it as an ad-hoc thing, or perhaps something it could gain as it 'powers up'.
Edit - Actually, the second half could be done by making it an Intelligent item, and giving the item knowledge skills. This would be fairly interesting, an intelligence born of the Power, and a plot device I could use.)

I have extra cash, maybe I can add intelligence?

edit:

* Mental Ability Scores: Two at 19, one at 10
* Communication: Speech, telepathy
* Capabilities: Four lesser powers and three greater powers
* Senses: 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense, and hearing
* Base Price Modifier: +15,000 gp

Lesser powers:
* 10 ranks in knowledge planes + 5000

this might be all that is known [to give dm caveat] to enact, gems must be inserted in blank spots to equal to what is needed to activate power

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Edited this into the prev post but you'd already started your reply i guess.

Intelligent Items are allowed (In fact, I encourage at least one in the party), but with the following caveats:
Any intelligent item will have: 18 in one mental stat, 16 in another, 14 in the third; 3 lesser powers, 1 or 2 greater powers; 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense, and hearing, Speech, Telepathy with wielder; AND a special purpose. Base price of +10,000GP + powers. You will NOT have to pay the special power cost (But see below).
Also, if it's your weapon, it can be a special material (Adamantine, Cold iron, etc) as a free upgrade.

Player picks the Lesser/Greater powers and stat distribution. (Alignment will be same as Character)
DM picks the personality, Languages, and special purpose/power UNLESS the character made the item with the appropriate Item Creation Feat. (Don't worry I wont screw you over.). We'll decide between us who roleplays the item.
How about the headband was forged out of the last of Iridex's humanity when the power destroyed his empire and transformed him into the archlich?
You could take two lesser powers as knowledges (Planar, Arcane), whatever greater power you want, and I'd give it a Special purpose trying to prevent the same catastrophe from happening again, and I'll figure out a unique special power for it. The total would add 20,000GP plus whatever cost of the greater power you choose.
What u think?

Remove ads